Need help finding an experienced Z06 mechanic in Dallas/Plano, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007 | 10:04 PM
Teching In

mine did that with a bad map sensor,immed hit reduced power mode and shut off
Old 08-13-2007 | 08:17 PM

Update: 21st says the push rods are trashed as well as the rocker arm. Said the needle bearing broke and the bearings went into the engine. They said I'd need a new engine. Called the guy (mechanic himself) i bought the car from (bought the car 2 weeks ago) and he called 21st and provided an alternative plan to replacing the rocker arm, push rods and some injection valves. Recommended they try to removed the needle bearings that went into the engine with a magnet?? 21st agreed to do this. if they agreed to do this why would they recommend I need a new engine? 21st said I'd need to pay 6k-8k for a new engine and it'd be good as new. But now the guy I bought the car from is working with 21st to repair the engine before going with an engine replacement. Also the guy I bought the car from said he'd foot the bill for the fix. Now that's one hell of a guy. He's not obligated to pay for anything but he felt it was the right thing to do. I'll keep you guys posted. Not sure how all this damage could have hapened as I haven't "gotten on" the engine any at all since I bought it. This doesnt' sound like a "typical" break down. The engine has 38k on it. Would the bearings/pushrods/rocker arm wear that quickly? Excuse my ignorance as I'm no mechanic. Or is this an issue of the higher HP engine just breaking down these parts?
Old 08-13-2007 | 09:42 PM
On The Tree

sounds like it was over revved badly