Blanco Ticket BS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blanco Ticket BS

Well Im in the Army and on my last leave I went home to TX, Corpus Christi, and also went to a family reunion to Marble Falls. Well the route that my family takes brings us through Blanco on 281 North. While coming into town my sister was messing with me and I knew I was getting close so I started to slow down from the 72 that I had my cruise set at. Mind you I have been through this way probably about 70-80 times in my life and remember it fairly easy. I was looking for the sign that warns you that you are about to enter a slower speed limit. The next I know I passed a 55 so started to hit the brakes rather hard and then literally 50ft down the road a 50 pops up. Mind you it goes from 65 to 55 to 50. Well I later found out that bc it doesnt go down in a 15 MPH increment they dont have to put a slower speed limit sign up.

Right at that 50 MPH sign is a bank parking lot. There was a city cop sitting there and saw him flip on the lights. Im knew I was speeding (approx 65) when I hit the sign so I started to slow down even more. I pulled over and the cop asked me for my license and so on. He said I was going 67 and I said yea that sounds about right bc I didnt see the signs until it was too late.

He comes back and gives me a ticket for 67 in a 50 and an expired DL. Well seeing how Im active duty in the military and stationed out of state I was told by the DMV that I dont need to renew my license until I ETS and move back to TX or I PCS to TX and then I have 90 days to renew it.

So I proceded to take care of the ticket. I send the court a copy of my Military ID and my DL. I sent in my $103 to take defensive driving. The clerk says that it the expired DL will be dropped bc its not really expired.

I call back about a week after I sent in my payment and I was informed that I owed over $400 to the court. Now Im confused as hell and ask why. I was told that the expired DL ticket was not dropped and that I had to pay the cost of that fine and the speeding.

The clerk then tells me that the city prosecutor had not dropped the expired DL charge bc it did not apply to me seeing how I was in TX on leave. I was confused as hell. I told the clerk there was no way in hell I was paying. I was then told to wait a week and let it go to court.

Well a week later I call and the prosecutor had no dropped it. I called the judge and he said that there was nothing he could do which I knew was BS. I then call the clerk back and tell her what happened and she gave me the Mayors home phone number. I call the mayor and let him know the problems going on with his court with a message on his answering machine and about 45 minutes later I get a call. He seems to be really upset that Im having to go through this being so close to getting deployed again and says that itll be taken care off.

I then got a call on friday from the clerk saying that she is sending me some affidavits to sign and send back proving that Im active duty.

Needless to say I got the ticket on July 1st and on Aug 10th its finally being semi resolved.

Sorry for the long read I just had to vent this and let people know of the BS that is going on in Blanco.

Also if anybody lives close to the city I was wondering if you can get me a video of you coming into the city from 281 South. It would be a HUGE HUGE help for me.