Police chase on Westheimer last night...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL!

I will be taking another ride along very soon with Justin Kennedy.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by o2redws6
I have never ran into a cool hpd or harris county cop they always **** with me. I was coming home the other day and got pulled over by hpd on northpark. he told me he pulled me over b/c he couldnt see my front licen plat, so i knew he could see it, so he went ahead and ask for all the info. Thin he asked me to crank up my car so i did so he asked me why my car is missing, i just looked at him and thought he was joking and i said i have a cam, thin he said thats eligal. He walked to the back of my car and said revie it up so i did only to 3000, he came back and said its too loud.

I find a very large difference in Traffic cops and COPS. You will catch a few ******** that are traffic cops and some good ones every once in a while. But do not forget about the hard cops behind the scenes, TRYING to make Houston a better city. I know a few. Never confuse them with some of the ******** that have that badge up their *** with something to prove.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Some people just don't have any common sense. I've been there a few times and most people are just parked hanging out but you have a handful of dumbassess trying to drift and do donuts in the parking lot next to the hang out. Then you have another couple of idiots doing burnouts and flying up and down the parking lot rows were people are parked on.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBronco
LOL!

I will be taking another ride along very soon with Justin Kennedy.

Look forward to meeting you.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is no different here in Ft.Worth and Dallas, and that sucks. We have tried and tried to have decent meetups for a very long time. And without fail almost like clockwork someone has to come and show their ***. We have seen the drifters... in 4x4 trucks!... the ricers flogging their pipes, and so on. Basically the same crap you guys see. We have resorted to "policing" the crowd ourselves at our Sat night meetup, bascially handle it ourselves so we do not get unnecessary negative feedback from the authorities. But that means we can't enjoy ourselves sometimes... it becomes babysitting and that is not why we got together in the first place. Sometimes it is not worth the effort to provide a safe environment for folks to hang out. Heck, we have picked up two complete trash bags of crap left behind in the past... nowadays we tell them to pack their own **** that they packed in. It is about respect, plain and simple. Most guys that come out are just plain cool to hang with, but it seems there is always one ******** in the crowd that feels like he has to stand out from the rest.

And it is those morons that cause the Police to stereotype / generalize everyone into potential trouble makers until they get to know them. So when they show up they cannot just enjoy themselves like everyone else, they have to weed out the punks so nobody gets hurt. It sucks, the cops are just trying to do a job, don't really want to deal with a hassle, don't want to break up a friendly meet and most importantly I am sure get a kick out of seeing some of the rides. Been like that for generations, I have seen it for years on Saturday nights in N.Texas.

Ok I'm stepping off my soapbox, thanks for the bandwidth... as you were.

Thanks for doing your part y2k2z28!

g
Old 08-21-2007, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

hey Y2k...I was cruising east on the westpark tollway at around 8:45 last night and saw a car fly over the HWY 6 bridge that had to of been doing at least 80 or 90 and right after he crossed i saw police cruisers cross as if in pursuit...i didnt get a chance to read this whole thread so sorry if i asked something already answered i was just wondering if that was the chase in question here.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:36 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dumbasses like that are what ruin meeting spots.

It's been my experience that 9 times out of 10, if you are polite and professional to a police officer, they will be polite and professional back. They might be writing you a ticket, but they won't be an *** about it.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Teching In

No this one was Saturday night and started in the Burglington Coat Factory. I found someone that has footage of the chase in the parking lot. He is supposed to e-mail it to me. I will post it if I get it.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by y2k2z28
No this one was Saturday night and started in the Burglington Coat Factory. I found someone that has footage of the chase in the parking lot. He is supposed to e-mail it to me. I will post it if I get it.
Hell yea post it up.And your a cool *** cop.U just came up to me and started talking bout f-bodys

Quick Reply: Police chase on Westheimer last night...