WTB: English Bulldog

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is very odd. English bulldogs are very well tempered and easy going dogs. Something must be wrong or you must have provoked him somehow.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
That is very odd. English bulldogs are very well tempered and easy going dogs. Something must be wrong or you must have provoked him somehow.
Every dog is different. I had 2 before, one was the nicest dog, the other ****** was mean.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red00
Every dog is different. I had 2 before, one was the nicest dog, the other ****** was mean.
I agree, but like I said, most are lazy ******* and easy going.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

YEs ben it was that big fat ugly dog that you want for some reason...

Btw my other dog (siberian husky) just had a litter of 7. Would you rather take one of those?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
YEs ben it was that big fat ugly dog that you want for some reason...

Btw my other dog (siberian husky) just had a litter of 7. Would you rather take one of those?
LOL, sucks man. Why is your bro gone? I would love a husky but to big for me right now, how old is the bully? Is he really that nasty?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Red00
Yup. I had a pair of AB's. Now I have one. Why? Because that male dog was not nice, even though he was raised in the same loving house as my girl dog who's a real sweetheart. Some say "It's how you raise them." Nope. It's the dog. And yes, the breed does have something to do with character traits like demeanor. Despite what some sympathizers may believe; If the mama dog was mean and the daddy dog was mean, then they'll likely have mean pups (with exceptions of course).
Old 09-04-2007, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

see my brother bought him from the petstore... so no telling what the parents were like. I dont mean the dog is ugly physical... i just hate them period.. they are ugly looking dogs..
Old 09-05-2007, 03:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Phantom&RedGoat2004
Yup. I had a pair of AB's. Now I have one. Why? Because that male dog was not nice, even though he was raised in the same loving house as my girl dog who's a real sweetheart. Some say "It's how you raise them." Nope. It's the dog. And yes, the breed does have something to do with character traits like demeanor. Despite what some sympathizers may believe; If the mama dog was mean and the daddy dog was mean, then they'll likely have mean pups (with exceptions of course).
Same here. The female was the nice one, and the male was the mean one.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by redz_02
Yeah english bulldogs have alot of problems, breathing and so on. One of my friends decided to get one b/c she said they are so cute. Well it has this thing called "Monkey butt" where it takes a crap and it sticks to its ***. She has to wipe it ever time it goes outside, nasty dogs.

I would get an expensive flashy boxer or an american bulldog if you want a bully breed.

As for adoption, I think everyone should adopt at least one dog in their life time. I adopted my first shar pei and he was such a good dog that my parents stole him from me. Of course now a have a pure bred shar pei and a boxer. Plus there are alot of rescue places that have pure breds.

We refer to it as mud butt with my bulldog Charlie Murphy. We got him for free because he was born with a small heart murmur. Since then he's had cherry eyes, an absess in his shoulder, fucked **** glands, hernia, he was also born with his stomach cavity open and had to have sewed back together. All of this happened within the first year and since then he has been healthy as can be. If you get one cheap you will pay the difference in vet bills. Either way though the are the coolest dog on the planet. Charlie's got more personality than some people i've met.
Attached Thumbnails WTB: English Bulldog-973987466_l.jpg  
Old 09-09-2007, 07:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by another_pewter_ss
Also, be aware they can have major "**** gland" issues and they stink. Maybe I had a bad seed but mine would rub his *** on his cage door and it made the whole house smell like an 82 Cutlass with cloth seats

Sounds like the dog had swamp ***
Old 09-09-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kruthes1
I have to agree as I am a Bulldog owner for many years. I would be very cautious of a English Bulldog that is priced what you think would be reasonable. This is one breed that you do not want to buy on a whim or cheap out on if you are buying one. If you get one that has bad bloodlines full of medical issues it could break you just trying to keep the dog healthy. I am not trying to get on a soapbox here but you must be extra careful when you do find a Bulldog and get as much info about the breeder and bloodlines of your dog as it will save you money and heartache in the future. A reputable breeder with many years experience is going to want anywhere from $1800.00 to $3500.00. I am not trying to discourage you but these are the facts

100% true. I own an EBD and he is very expensive, with alergy medications, and eyelid surgery and other things. The better blood you get to begin with, the healthier and less expensive down the road. I love my dog and paid 1500 6 yrs ago, but would spend more next time to avoid any problems.

Bulldogs are one of the most friendly dogs toward other breeds.

To those that think 1200 is to much, keep on smoking that ****.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97LT1

100% true. I own an EBD and he is very expensive, with alergy medications, and eyelid surgery and other things. The better blood you get to begin with, the healthier and less expensive down the road. I love my dog and paid 1500 6 yrs ago, but would spend more next time to avoid any problems.

Bulldogs are one of the most friendly dogs toward other breeds.

To those that think 1200 is to much, keep on smoking that ****.
thats a good looking bull dog, kinda looks like mine buy yours has more of a rose ears than charlie does.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Those are some great looking bullies.
Here's mine.

And

Old 09-11-2007, 11:10 PM

Damn, thats one ugly sumbitch. Nice dog though