Sub enclosure with rear seat delete

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sub enclosure with rear seat delete

I have this posted in the electronics section but thought I would share it will yall too. If anyone is wanting to come by and take a look at whats going one, just let me know and we can work something out.

After looking around at the different ideas that I could do for a sub enclosure I finally decided to combine a rear sear delete with the box. First off I didnt want to lose any trunk space so the normal enclosures were out. Secondly I didnt want anything overpowering. I build all my own enclosures anyway, and customize the box size to the cabin size so that right amount of sound is heard and the best sound quality is available. I never have anyone ride in my rear seats, so that became my starting point. I removed the seats and seat back and found a nice depression area that would be a great area to sit a sub. I am currently in the fabricating process of building the seat delete box, that will house the sub enclosure and also allow me to have a cubby hole to hide certain things to be unseen from the outside. You know all the essentials, CDs, guns, grenades, etc etc. Here are some current pictures and I can keep yall updated as the process goes along if yall would want me to. The lid is going to be custom fit to wrap around the armrests and sitting against the back wall. It will then sit on top of the center board. The sub box will then be built on top of this firing down into the depression with a half moon cut in the rear of the lid, in between the lid and the seat back, allowing the sound to escape. This will give the sound a longer route to travel and give it the best sound for the cabin size and area.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like you have a good idea there, but i'm curious to how the sound would be different from a box in the rear seat as opposed to the trunk well, since you wont have the hatch glass directly over it.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im thinking of doing the rear seat delete on mine and slapping the giggle juice directly behind the passenger seat where the seat bolts up