Fresno State?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not into football much, but I had no idea Fresno State ever played A&M. I'm from Fresno - sounds like it was a good game that I missed!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigBronco
why would A&M or UT lose?

Big Ten blows nuts this year, so I am not surprised with the UM and ND games.
Like I said, I woke up looking for upsets and heart breaks. Got another one with the IRL race on sunday
Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Launching!

i'm an ag and i think fran should work on the passing game, thats saying something, admitting an ag mistake lol, but i thought our secondary were gonna be alot better this year, so far i'm dissapointed, and to say something to start some more crap, you can't stop jtrain, idc who you are! haha, and we might have a winning season, its possible, and i think despite what most ut fans think, if they look at the long run i bet they'd rather both of our teams win all of our games so we can play each other undefeated on thanksgiving, bc that would be a bad *** series of events
Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Game sucked, well the 2nd half did. Should have been 25-0 at half if not ALOT worse. Fresno State didnt even have 100 yards of offense till 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter, what happened after that was a joke. I know everybody will say we need to learn to pass but that is what fucked us up. If we run option the entire game we win going away, but us trying to pass gave Fresno a chance to get back in it, and they did. I mean if they can't stop you running why stop? Hopefully Fran learns this by the time we play some of our tougher games.
Considering there were maybe 3 passes in the whole 2nd half I wouldn't resort to that. What screwed us was going three and out with Goodson running a shotgun up the gut over and over. Thats a trick play that is not always effective. You don't run a passing formation when you have a **** passing game. We started doing better when they went to primary running formations like the power I. Mcgee needs to learn to audible, when the secondary comes up you need to run deep routes, hell use your one blue chip player, Marteleus Bennett that guy is a beast that had about 6 inches on most corners, plus a huge vertical, that seems to work for Tech. The last time A&M was worth a crap was when they had a passing game with Brandon Stewart and Chris Taylor, Bethel Johnson, Chris Cole back when I was a freshman at A&M. Another thing that saved our asses was the 140 heat index. The Fresno players were falling apart at the end.

The only reason Fran won at TCU was b/c he had LT in a shitty conference. If he wants to just run a running game he should give his 2 million a year and be a high school coach. He will never win the Big 12 with just a running game, it's to predictable. Hell even the old 94-95 Nebraska option teams still had some deep routes, among national titles.

Why they are trying to find rebuilding coachs I have no idea, A&M has the prestige to get recriuts, what they need is a big time coach that gets into the game and doesn't sit with his arms crossed looking like a little bitch. The only thing he has done was beat texas "ONCE" in his whole career at A&M, no bowl game wins, now titles, hell he hasn't even won the big 12 south, nothing else.

Done venting, whoop and gig em, but I still can't stand Fran.

Last edited by redz_02; 09-11-2007 at 04:45 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
so you think yall will be able to run on Miami even though OU couldn't?
I know we will...
Old 09-11-2007, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you think yall will be able to run on Miami even though OU couldn't?
We had 3 players with 42, 47 and 64 yards rushing. . . yes, thats slowed down, but not stopped.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Duffster
We had 3 players with 42, 47 and 64 yards rushing. . . yes, thats slowed down, but not stopped.

all those yardages are from one random big run

did you not watch the game?????? OU couldn't run
Old 09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know we will...

typical aggie fan, why do you think yall are good????
Old 09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

typical aggie fan, why do you think yall are good????
Better question is why do you think were so bad? We beat you guys in your house last year, we ran all over you, OU, Tech, Mizzou, Nebraska, and everybody else we played last year and this year. So instead of just coming out and saying "Oh Miami will shut down A&M's run game", how about you list one example in which someone has shut down our run game. Yes Miami has a good defense, but OU ran for over 150 yards, that is not being shut down. (it does not matter how you get it, fact is they got it)

Oh and BTW OU's RB's averaged 4.2 yards per carry. Please explain to me how this is being "shut down".
Old 09-11-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Better question is why do you think were so bad? We beat you guys in your house last year, we ran all over you, OU, Tech, Mizzou, Nebraska, and everybody else we played last year and this year. So instead of just coming out and saying "Oh Miami will shut down A&M's run game", how about you list one example in which someone has shut down our run game. Yes Miami has a good defense, but OU ran for over 150 yards, that is not being shut down. (it does not matter how you get it, fact is they got it)

Oh and BTW OU's RB's averaged 4.2 yards per carry. Please explain to me how this is being "shut down".

like I said, they were from random big runs early

Miami will shut down your option....there is no question McGee will HAVE to throw against Miami
Old 09-12-2007, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

like I said, they were from random big runs early

Miami will shut down your option....there is no question McGee will HAVE to throw against Miami
What do you think the final score will be.....
Old 09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Im looking for the ag's to have a big defensive outing aginst miami, They will step up there game and i belive that by then maybe fran will get a clue and run some other stuff. I Do think our running will be "SLOWED" but not stoped and thats when bennent needs to step up his game. aTm Does have a big time reciver by the name of ej shankle another lufkin prospect, his problem is that his body moves fast than his head. Once he slows down we will at least 1 deap threat and 1 go to guy wich should jumpstart our passing game.

I think the score for the miam game will be ag's ??? 41- 17.

Dont forget jtrain has called it out that he is going for a record setting year with tuchdowns that kid is determined to make his point. BTW(last game lane had 4 tuchdowns and cause 4 fresno state concusions) hows that for a stat...

GIG' EM
Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think you mean "touchdowns"
Old 09-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by alexv6camaro
Im looking for the ag's to have a big defensive outing aginst miami...

I think the score for the miam game will be ag's ??? 41- 17.
aTm's defense will "appear" to be improved against Miami because of the Hurricane's offensive struggles and that is the only reason. They will get lit up against Okie State, Tech, Nebraska, OU, Mizzou, and Texas.

I see the ags losing to Miami in a close, low scoring game 17-14. Until Fran proves his team can win games on the road he won't get any respect from anyone outside of B/CS.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mmiller
aTm's defense will "appear" to be improved against Miami because of the Hurricane's offensive struggles and that is the only reason. They will get lit up against Okie State, Tech, Nebraska, OU, Mizzou, and Texas.

I see the ags losing to Miami in a close, low scoring game 17-14. Until Fran proves his team can win games on the road he won't get any respect from anyone outside of B/CS.

ibsomeonetalksaboutlastyearsutvsatmgame