(FS/Trade) '04 F150 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastB
Good for him. If you didn't notice it says OBO. If you don't know what that means it means or best offer. The asking price is a starting point. I am sure your roommate didn't pay the asking price. If he did then that's his fault. Please don't post in my thread anymore. You are just trying to be a dick. You don't even know what you are talking about. Thanks

edit: Ha Ha ROTFLMAO. If you are refering to that ugly *** blue DODGE then that is hilarious. You really are retarted. Yeah that puppy is loaded and 44K I think not. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem Oh my you are kidding. How about 92K, why would you come on my thread and try to lie about something like that. You dumb little ****. Please tell me you have two roommates and they were both looking for a truck. I could go on and on about how gay this is, but it is just too funny.

You really are a dumb **** arent you.

That was his ebay auction, that auction was for the F150 that my roomate bought... BUT my roommate did not buy it through ebay. He made a deal out side of ebay. Instead of the seller making a new auction. HE CHANGED THAT EBAY AUCTION, after I posted the link.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

and if you dont believe that thats his truck... look at the tailgate. You can even see the reflection of my car.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Launching!

I'm sorry if I come off as being rude, but I think it is equally rude to accuse someone of not doing their research when I did plenty of research and always do before I sell a vehicle. All I ask is that people do their research before posting ridiculous comments.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

howTF was the prev guys comments ridiculous or rude?? or mine? You asked for proof that your over priced. I supplied it.

you are horrible at selling ****., by the way. if you quote my post about my roommate find a truck. Check out the full URL.. it even says F150 4wd etc. then once you click on it. it changes.
for instance... click quote on this post and see what the full url says... go back in regular form and see that it takes you to do the dodge truck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
and if you dont believe that thats his truck... look at the tailgate. You can even see the reflection of my car.
I can't see the pictures because they are not popping up. What was I supposed to think. Ok, so what was the original asking price for the truck that your roommate bought? If you don't mind me asking. I still find it hard to believe he paid asking price. Have you looked at cars.com and autotrader?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I can't see the pictures because they are not popping up. What was I supposed to think. Ok, so what was the original asking price for the truck that your roommate bought? If you don't mind me asking. I still find it hard to believe he paid asking price. Have you looked at cars.com and autotrader?
I never said he paid asking price. The buy it now was 20,275 but it had the "or best offer" button, so he called and made an offer. I understand that people start high/sell lower, but you are too high, to where it scares off buyers.

and cars.com/autotrader is full of overpriced bullshit. have you looked at the fbodys in autotrader and what they are asking?? haha, if those prices were legit my car would sell for 10k
Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Launching!

howTF was the prev guys comments ridiculous or rude?? or mine? You asked for proof that your over priced. I supplied it.

you are horrible at selling ****., by the way. if you quote my post about my roommate find a truck. Check out the full URL.. it even says F150 4wd etc. then once you click on it. it changes.
for instance... click quote on this post and see what the full url says... go back in regular form and see that it takes you to do the dodge truck.
Sorry, but I don't look at the address bar when I click on links. So no I didn't notice it. And what makes it ridiculous and rude is that neither of you took the time to see what my truck is actually worth before telling me what it is not worth. Trust me I would not put a price on it that is outlandish. I will go check again to see what other trucks like mine are going for, but I think I am in the right here.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Launching!

I never said he paid asking price. The buy it now was 20,275 but it had the "or best offer" button, so he called and made an offer. I understand that people start high/sell lower, but you are too high, to where it scares off buyers.

and cars.com/autotrader is full of overpriced bullshit. have you looked at the fbodys in autotrader and what they are asking?? haha, if those prices were legit my car would sell for 10k
What would you sir suggest I ask for my truck since I have no clue.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Sorry, but I don't look at the address bar when I click on links. So no I didn't notice it. And what makes it ridiculous and rude is that neither of you took the time to see what my truck is actually worth before telling me what it is not worth. Trust me I would not put a price on it that is outlandish. I will go check again to see what other trucks like mine are going for, but I think I am in the right here.
who are you to say that him nor i took the time to check on prices? I have been helping my roommate find a truck for that last few months. I feel pretty damn comfortable "pricing" used trucks. If your truck is priced so great.. why havent you even gotten a nibble? Your thread has a months full of "ttts/bumps" and rude comments by you. My post was in no way trying to be rude. I was just trying to help you open your eyes. You do have a nice truck, no doubt about that. but if you search around for more "asking prices" that isnt going to help at all. Keep your price where it is.. but it'll likely never sell, at least not on tech. Try ebay at least you'll get it sold.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Launching!

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions= This is what I am basing my price on.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions= This is what I am basing my price on.
KBB sucks donkey *****.

Check out ebay completed listings... 2004 excab fx4s arent selling for anywhere near 19k, I know ebay is well... ebay, but it gives you a quick idea of what your truck will sell for.
http://motors.search-completed.ebay....is=200&guest=1
Old 10-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Launching!

who are you to say that him nor i took the time to check on prices? I have been helping my roommate find a truck for that last few months. I feel pretty damn comfortable "pricing" used trucks. If your truck is priced so great.. why havent you even gotten a nibble? Your thread has a months full of "ttts/bumps" and rude comments by you. My post was in no way trying to be rude. I was just trying to help you open your eyes. You do have a nice truck, no doubt about that. but if you search around for more "asking prices" that isnt going to help at all. Keep your price where it is.. but it'll likely never sell, at least not on tech. Try ebay at least you'll get it sold.
Obviously your friend got a good deal. I am still interested to know what I should be asking. This is not the only place I have the truck listed. I find it hard to believe that my asking price is running people off. After all people are not usually afraid to make offers on this site. No one on this site has a problem low balling.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

this guy didnt even get a nibble at 15.9 with less miles than yours.
a lifted one with less miles.. coudlnt sell for ~19k.

it goes on and on..
once again.. My intentions were not/are not to be rude/dick. Just trying to help bro.

What other sellers are asking for their car/truck isnt an accurate indication of what the truck is actually worth. Everyone tries to get the max for their car/truck when they sell. So I cant blame them, but in some instances, it turns away potential buyers.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Obviously your friend got a good deal. I am still interested to know what I should be asking. This is not the only place I have the truck listed. I find it hard to believe that my asking price is running people off. After all people are not usually afraid to make offers on this site. No one on this site has a problem low balling.
well your truck isnt anything special, thats probably why no one has made you a low ball offer yet, they can find the same truck on ebay/at a car lot/autotrader etc. But if someone was looking for a truck. The price would turn them away. For instance, if I saw your truck for 19k, and I had been lookign at other trucks just like yours where the buyer is asking 16k.. I wouldnt even waste my time by making you an offer.

Personally. I think you're truck "could" sell in the 15-16k range given the right buyer.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Launching!

KBB sucks donkey *****.

Check out ebay completed listings... 2004 excab fx4s arent selling for anywhere near 19k, I know ebay is well... ebay, but it gives you a quick idea of what your truck will sell for.
http://motors.search-completed.ebay....is=200&guest=1
Ok, just to let you and the other guy know, this post that you just posted is how to properly help someone. I will look into the ebay stuff, but people on ebay are typically looking for steals. If the used car market is so bad I would have to price it that low to sell then I would rather keep it. In the mean time I will leave it like it is and get my money back from cars.com if it doesn't sell in three months.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Launching!

well your truck isnt anything special, thats probably why no one has made you a low ball offer yet, they can find the same truck on ebay/at a car lot/autotrader etc. But if someone was looking for a truck. The price would turn them away. For instance, if I saw your truck for 19k, and I had been lookign at other trucks just like yours where the buyer is asking 16k.. I wouldnt even waste my time by making you an offer.

Personally. I think you're truck "could" sell in the 15-16k range given the right buyer.
I am suprised then that all of the dealers that have trucks like this are priced at 20K. Ebay is the only place I have seen them priced that low.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Ok, just to let you and the other guy know, this post that you just posted is how to properly help someone. I will look into the ebay stuff, but people on ebay are typically looking for steals. If the used car market is so bad I would have to price it that low to sell then I would rather keep it. In the mean time I will leave it like it is and get my money back from cars.com if it doesn't sell in three months.
steals can be made on ebay, but IMO, ebay helps a buyer find a closer "match" to the car/truck that they actually want. So in some instances, it might sell for more on ebay then what the truck would sell for in a local market.
but thats all opinion.
goodluck to you. Hopefully you find a buyer soon.

Patrick.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

I am suprised then that all of the dealers that have trucks like this are priced at 20K. Ebay is the only place I have seen them priced that low.
they also sell at a "retail" price, not a "private party" price. My roommate got his truck for a dealer. The dealer must have wanted to sell it instead of have it overpriced and keep it in his inventory for a few months.