Where to buy a hand gun in Wichita Falls

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy a hand gun in Wichita Falls

I'm lookin for some home security here. I will possibly be getting a concealed hand gun permit depending on a few things and how long i'm stationed here. Any recomendations and brands, types models to look at? With the string of home invasions around here i'm a little worried plus i have some high school bullshit going on right now. Looks like i made friends with the wrong people and one guy that has the wrong idea about me knows some people around here. So you know i have to take care of myself.
If someone could point me in the right direction it would be great may get a shot gun also. Pretty sad right now around here.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't buy them in Witchita Fall...

Drive 140 miles south and at I35W and 820 there is a gun shop called "Cheaper Than Dirt"....we got a good price on a 92FS Beretta 9MM that we couldn't get cheaper than $500 new anywhere else!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Launching!

for home defense i would go .40 or .45
9mm is cheaper to shoot, but a 45 is PROVEN power.

can also go the revolver route and go .38 or .44 for more power

shotgun is hands down the most damage you can buy. a pistol isnt even in the same realm as a shotgun in 'nighttime point and blast the living crap out of everything in your vacinity' range.

i'm not a fan of 9mm, its cheaper, but 45 for me is so much more fun to shoot, you'll have less magazine cap, but there are some high cap mags now for 45 that get close to 9mm load range.

HK, Sig, Colt, Kimber, Glock, Smith and Wesson are all great brands, HK and Kimber are specialty weapons and thus come with a price tag.

'copies' like para-oradance have mixed reviews and are cheaper than getting a 1911 in a colt.

glocks are workhorses but the 'no safety' issue and the grip angle deter some people.

revolvers are obviously more reliable than a semiauto, but ive never had any problems with semis myself.

ive had/shot alot, but most time on a sig 226, beretta 92, and colt govt. 1911
my favorite gun ive ever shot was my 1911. loved the 'non floating' trigger on the 1911, weight balance, ease of use, slim-ness, ect.
beretta felt bulky and hard to operate safety/****/decock
sig was pretty nice, wide on the bottom, narrow up top, ergonomics felt a bit weird.
glock was fun to shoot, but grip angle takes some getting used to, its super easy to use too and trigger feels great for me.

not to much experience on shotguns, sorry.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
for home defense i would go .40 or .45
9mm is cheaper to shoot, but a 45 is PROVEN power.

can also go the revolver route and go .38 or .44 for more power

shotgun is hands down the most damage you can buy. a pistol isnt even in the same realm as a shotgun in 'nighttime point and blast the living crap out of everything in your vacinity' range.

i'm not a fan of 9mm, its cheaper, but 45 for me is so much more fun to shoot, you'll have less magazine cap, but there are some high cap mags now for 45 that get close to 9mm load range.

HK, Sig, Colt, Kimber, Glock, Smith and Wesson are all great brands, HK and Kimber are specialty weapons and thus come with a price tag.

'copies' like para-oradance have mixed reviews and are cheaper than getting a 1911 in a colt.

glocks are workhorses but the 'no safety' issue and the grip angle deter some people.

revolvers are obviously more reliable than a semiauto, but ive never had any problems with semis myself.

ive had/shot alot, but most time on a sig 226, beretta 92, and colt govt. 1911
my favorite gun ive ever shot was my 1911. loved the 'non floating' trigger on the 1911, weight balance, ease of use, slim-ness, ect.
beretta felt bulky and hard to operate safety/****/decock
sig was pretty nice, wide on the bottom, narrow up top, ergonomics felt a bit weird.
glock was fun to shoot, but grip angle takes some getting used to, its super easy to use too and trigger feels great for me.

not to much experience on shotguns, sorry.

Well depends on how big a hole you wanna shoot in somebodys ***.You just want a gun to keep in the house I would go with a .45 or .40. I got a Smtih and Wesson semi auto .45 that I just love lots o stopping power. A 9 mm does not have lots o stopping power thats why police carry .40 now. Shoot a crack head with 9 he will keep coming towards you shoot him with a .45 drop like a rock.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Launching!

i wouldnt go as far as saying that a 9 wont drop someone.

getting shot by that amount of mass going that many FPS is going to cause a SERIOUS amount of damage, its just a proven fact that a 45 will do a little bit more...

45 is also less likely to penetrate walls/other buildings like the 9 will, so it may be a little 'safer' at home
Old 09-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

i might be selling mine springfield xd 9

Old 09-15-2007, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Dex, just go see Dee at Defoors jewelry and loan at the corner of 8th and Ohio. Great folks and a large selection of any handguns and long guns.

Quick Reply: Where to buy a hand gun in Wichita Falls