FS: 1978 Datsun 280z

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: 1978 Datsun 280z

I bought this car for a daily driver and to fix it up while my 96z was down for the LS1 conversion, I have everything I need to complete my conversion and I was going to keep this car but it turns out I may need the money. Registered and Inspected, title should be in anytime soon. The car is green, its a 5spd and the clutch is good. Just installed a new starter on it but that wasnt why it wouldnt start, it needs a new ignition switch, for now you have to turn the key all the way on and ground a wire to start it, and it starts up really good. Its like a $10 part that I havent had time to fix. The seats have new covers on them, the car needs carpet, it has a new dash cover on it and all gauges work except the coolant temp gauge, i think it needs a new sensor. Car doesnt get hot and has never overheated on me. The car probably needs a tune up but it runs and drives as is and the a/c still works and blows cold. This car would be great for a LS1 or LT1 conversion. It has some rust, and all lights work and switches. The only other thing is the car smokes a litte because it needs some new valve seals, this is not a very hard fix at all and can be done with the head still in the car. The windshield has a crack on the driverside from top to bottom but isnt that bad at all. Im really just trying to get what I paid for it, the car is good for what it is and will need a little work but will get you where you need to go and so far has been reliable for me.

Asking $900.00 Firm (What I paid for it)

I have some better pictures of it currently, but here are some pics of it when I bought it.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

also has a working radio not pictured
Old 10-04-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

title in hand, come take this.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

sold.