RIP Matt

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hopefully i can get out of both my labs on wednesday... longshot, but we will see!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very, very sad to hear this news...

I don't believe I've ever met Matt but it sounds like he's loved by so many people. I just got back from a 1200 mile Arkansas/Missouri ride with a few close friends. I know how dangerous motorcycling can be since I've been riding on the streets for 27 years with a few close calls myself.

My thoughts and prayers are with all his family and friends...

Rest in Peace Matt...
Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is sad. this happened to my best friend in the world in february. He was driving home in his DOPE 91 Z28 when he lost it on a really MELLOW but strange corner... hit a tree and was killed on impact...
I grew up with him from the time I was like, 8 months old, until his passing... Its never easy. I think about him all the time, his mom was like my second mom too.... stayed the night at his house more than mine, rode bikes and watched bmx videos all the time. He was my best friend.. For me it hasnt gotten much easier, but for some reason, you learn to love better, you are kinder, stronger. And for me, it has given me more focus than I have ever had. He is with me all the time.
RIP Chad Peterson

Grieve now, but be there to celebrate his life and give support to his family and other friends. It really was a bit of closure for me, and I hope it does the same for yourselves. Remember him for the person he was, and pass it along to your kids and their kids... dont let him fade.. thats the best thing you can do for him.
sorry for the loss guys...
brad
Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

We will be doing it big for him Wednesdays. Surrounded by all of his friends, just the way he would want it to be.

Thanks for the info as well. I should be out there for his service on Wednesday.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brad Hutchcraft
This is sad. this happened to my best friend in the world in february. He was driving home in his DOPE 91 Z28 when he lost it on a really MELLOW but strange corner... hit a tree and was killed on impact...
I grew up with him from the time I was like, 8 months old, until his passing... Its never easy. I think about him all the time, his mom was like my second mom too.... stayed the night at his house more than mine, rode bikes and watched bmx videos all the time. He was my best friend.. For me it hasnt gotten much easier, but for some reason, you learn to love better, you are kinder, stronger. And for me, it has given me more focus than I have ever had. He is with me all the time.
RIP Chad Peterson

Grieve now, but be there to celebrate his life and give support to his family and other friends. It really was a bit of closure for me, and I hope it does the same for yourselves. Remember him for the person he was, and pass it along to your kids and their kids... dont let him fade.. thats the best thing you can do for him.
sorry for the loss guys...
brad
Thanks a bunch for that Brad and I'm VERY sorry to hear about your loss too. For me so far, I think I've woken up a little in that I now know that my real-life superman is gone. I realize now how delicate life is and how it can be glorious one day and gone the next. I am in the process of making peace with the ones I love because I now realize I have no idea when my time will be.

I just got home and me and his close friends are going to meet up and go to the crash site together. It's going to be really hard to swallow. I'm a little numb today actually being that I've been pretty much crying since Sat night and I didn't get more than 3.5 hours of sleep last night and I worked all day.

Man I hope all that made sense cuz I feel a little delirious.

PS: To all of Matt's friends - I really hope you can make it Wednesday because I guarantee you - he would be there for you

GOD BLESS YOU MATT - RIP

Last edited by 6THZ28; 10-15-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
Thanks a bunch for that Brad and I'm VERY sorry to hear about your loss too. For me so far, I think I've woken up a little in that I now know that my real-life superman is gone. I realize now how delicate life is and how it can be glorious one day and gone the next. I am in the process of making peace with the ones I love because I now realize I have no idea when my time will be.

I just got home and me and his close friends are going to meet up and go to the crash site together. It's going to be really hard to swallow. I'm a little numb today actually being that I've been pretty much crying since Sat night and I didn't get more than 3.5 hours of sleep last night and I worked all day.

Man I hope all that made sense cuz I feel a little delirious.

PS: To all of Matt's friends - I really hope you can make it Wednesday because I guarantee you - he would be there for you

GOD BLESS YOU MATT - RIP
I know what you mean man, the past few days have kinda been a daze for me, ive never really felt a heart break like this and it hurts. I really wish i could make it out there with you guys 2nite but it doesnt look like ima be able too. You guys be safe going out, see you tomorrow.

R.I.P. always Matt, love you man.

-Randy
Old 10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

I wish his loved ones the best.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigBronco
We will be doing it big for him Wednesdays. Surrounded by all of his friends, just the way he would want it to be.

Thanks for the info as well. I should be out there for his service on Wednesday.
Youre damn right, could not have said it better.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

I just got back home from the site. We all met at Matt's apartment and left from there. Surprisingly, there were about 25 people that showed up, most of which I'd never met before. We stood out in the cold rain and looked at the skid marks while David (the guy riding with Matt Saturday) recalled what had happened.

I am still very numb and have been since Saturday night. I'm in fact so numb, I wasn't able to show any emotion. I think that's mainly because I was around so many new faces, many of whom became Matt's friend since he got his bike back in June of last year.

I personally thank everyone that came out tonight and braved the weather for Matt and I know Josh very much appreciated it as well. You guys were there because regardless how long you knew him he impacted you on a personal level.

Thank you all so much.

I will make sure he will never be forgotten.

MATT, I LOVE YOU MAN - RIP
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Regular

There will be a farewell toast immediately following the burial ceremony on Wednesday. We will provide Heineken's to anyone who wants to participate.

All information is posted on pg 2 and as well on my new post at: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post7953853

This is everyone's last chance to have a beer with Matt so I encourage anyone and everyone who cared about him to please participate in his final toast.

Please reply if you will be participating so that we can get an idea how many beers we need to buy.

God Bless us all through Matt's passing.

Matt, this one's for you man - I LOVE YOU SO DAMN MUCH - God Bless - RIP
Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

It was good to see everyone out there. I was the guy a dress attire with no shoes. Only for Matt would 30 people stand in the middle of the freezin rain tellin stories.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if anyone needs a ride to the funeral (remember - NO BIKES) I'm taking the Tahoe, so just let me know. I can fit at least 3 more people in the back. I'll be coming in from the NW side (through B/CS area)
Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be on the est end in an avalanche as well, feel free to PM me.

I know I've got 2 riders, have room for 1-2 more.