How much does an A4 to M6 tranny swap usually cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capn smokey
M6 all the way, better mileage tighter gears and more fun. Go watch a stock m6 car race a stock a4 car and then tell me the a4 is better. From the punch there is no competition, just learn how to drive and launching is no problem.
Yes a stock m6 and a stock A4 who does not know that u can stall your car u to its powerband with a m6 u can not do this with a stock converter a4 but u put a stall there and a m6 is no competition and the more up grades u do the more clucthes u r going to be replacing one stall vert and that is it
Old 10-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by joe salazar
Dude i also have a R/T charger and it is the slowest thing i have ever owned the only reason why i bought it is because they look badass. But anyway to many problem with 6spd when in high horsepower if u dont have the money to put into it
who cares if your R/T is slow? I really don't. It's a sedan. oh and I now have an srt8
Old 10-20-2007, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

I bought the wife an auto, after we left the dealership she said, we shoulda bought a standard. I just shook my head, either way next tax return this thing is getting modded.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chargerR/T
I'm gonna go ahead and say stick with a 6spd. I think you will get bored with an a4 pretty quickly.
reall i would think you would get tired of a manual pretty quick stop and go traffic haveing to shift all the time...
Old 10-21-2007, 12:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kevin's_00ss
reall i would think you would get tired of a manual pretty quick stop and go traffic haveing to shift all the time...
driving an m6 is a not big deal to me at all. Drive it for a little while and you get used to it. I can drive an m6 all day in bumper to bumper traffic without even thinking about it/bitching about it. Im sure most m6 drivers feel the same. an m6 is fun to drive. I've owned 2 a4 fbodys and they were boring as hell. i hated hearing them shift.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Ya I have a t6 and love it i forget that im the one shifting. Im just so use to it.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
driving an m6 is a not big deal to me at all. Drive it for a little while and you get used to it. I can drive an m6 all day in bumper to bumper traffic without even thinking about it/bitching about it. Im sure most m6 drivers feel the same. an m6 is fun to drive. I've owned 2 a4 fbodys and they were boring as hell. i hated hearing them shift.
by that being said bro, just relax and an m6 within your range will pop up. You'll get what you are lookin for