A&M bounces back!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&M bounces back!!

Looks like A&M is hading it to nebraska AT Nebraska, But im almost positive that mmiler was saying that nebraska would hand it to a&m at nebraska. They played like crap last week at tech but j train came out runin this game and had that engin going for 4 more tuchdowns and close to 150 yards on the game, and mcgee added 170 ontop of that.

Now what is going on with ou, they are having trouble performing against the unranked teams.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

way to go...stomping a team they should stomp if they want to be taken seriously. Nebraska is terrible...
Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by big thumper122
way to go...stomping a team they should stomp if they want to be taken seriously. Nebraska is terrible...
Ditto. Nothing amazing with that win...
Old 10-20-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Again.....just as Benji predicted. It's too bad the Ags will lose the rest of their games.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Ditto. Nothing amazing with that win...
the buyout bowl was a success.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:25 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Ben R
Again.....just as Benji predicted. It's too bad the Ags will lose the rest of their games.
How do you feel about your ND predcition? Still think Weis will be back there for 2 more seasons?
Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by alexv6camaro
Looks like A&M is hading it to nebraska AT Nebraska, But im almost positive that mmiler was saying that nebraska would hand it to a&m at nebraska.
They beat a bad team that has quit on their coach. What is impressive about that? A&M will lose their remaining four games (five if they even qualify for a bowl game).
Old 10-20-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
How do you feel about your ND predcition? Still think Weis will be back there for 2 more seasons?
Weis signed a huge contract extension at the end of last year, so yes, he will be back in 2 years. My real prediction was that ND would be a National Championship contender in 2 years, and yes, I still stand by that prediction.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

I agree they won a game they should have but 2 weeks ago when nebraska was still bad i belive alot of yall came onto tamu saying they would lose and im just pointing that out... for the rest of the games i think they will beat teaxas and kansas at home, and the mizzou game will be close. Now with OU who knows what to expect talent wise it should be a very close game, but coaching OU has a&m beat by a long shot...
Old 10-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by alexv6camaro
I agree they won a game they should have but 2 weeks ago when nebraska was still bad i belive alot of yall came onto tamu saying they would lose and im just pointing that out... for the rest of the games i think they will beat teaxas and kansas at home, and the mizzou game will be close. Now with OU who knows what to expect talent wise it should be a very close game, but coaching OU has a&m beat by a long shot...
Dude i wish i was as optomistic as you. I go to the school and to most students they think i'm crazy if i don't think we'll hang 50 points on every opponent. Mizzou will not be close. A&M is a team with talent and OU is a team with alot of talent, the main difference is OU knows how to use that talent. And stoops remembers frans jabs at him in the summer. Kansas is on fire, i won't pencil in an "L" but its hard not to. Texas will always be a close game in my book.

You are right on the fact that everyone was busting A&M's ***** about this game being a loss. NU has quit on their coach but so has A&M minus one player.

-jon
Old 10-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Spazdout
Dude i wish i was as optomistic as you. I go to the school and to most students they think i'm crazy if i don't think we'll hang 50 points on every opponent. Mizzou will not be close. A&M is a team with talent and OU is a team with alot of talent, the main difference is OU knows how to use that talent. And stoops remembers frans jabs at him in the summer. Kansas is on fire, i won't pencil in an "L" but its hard not to. Texas will always be a close game in my book.

You are right on the fact that everyone was busting A&M's ***** about this game being a loss. NU has quit on their coach but so has A&M minus one player.

-jon
Jon, you're one of the few Aggies that gets it. Bottom line is that A&M is very marginal on talent at the 22 starting positions and a lot of those guys will be gone after this year. The new coach coming in isn't going to have an easy time in 2008 no matter who they hire.

If Kansas can go on the road and beat Colorado like they did, and CU has a better team than A&M has, they'll come to Kyle Field and leave with a W too. Mizzou and OU will crush A&M at their houses and Texas should win a hard fought game, giving the Ags a 6-6 record. They'll qualify for a bowl game, but as a fan, do you really want to see them go to a bowl game and pretty much assuradly lose that as well to end up 6-7?

Some of you Aggie fans need to be more honest about the situation and take off the maroon colored glasses. This is a bad football program that is going nowhere over the next few years.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mmiller
Jon, you're one of the few Aggies that gets it. Bottom line is that A&M is very marginal on talent at the 22 starting positions and a lot of those guys will be gone after this year. The new coach coming in isn't going to have an easy time in 2008 no matter who they hire.

If Kansas can go on the road and beat Colorado like they did, and CU has a better team than A&M has, they'll come to Kyle Field and leave with a W too. Mizzou and OU will crush A&M at their houses and Texas should win a hard fought game, giving the Ags a 6-6 record. They'll qualify for a bowl game, but as a fan, do you really want to see them go to a bowl game and pretty much assuradly lose that as well to end up 6-7?

Some of you Aggie fans need to be more honest about the situation and take off the maroon colored glasses. This is a bad football program that is going nowhere over the next few years.
I wouldn't go that far... we are not that bad. I don't claim to be the best, never did, but we def not the worste.

I'm really looking to our game
Old 10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Ginger Hater

i wouldn't go that far matt. All the predictions for the big12 have been off. Texas isn't the top 5 or 10 team they were speculated to be. Colt has been mediocre at best. Tech has been down, but is doing better than everyones speculations especially after the DC mess. Nebraska was supposed to be a team this year, and look at them. No one would have thought out of the 2 teams from kansas that the jayhawks would be undefeated. Mizzou is just running and gunning it. Iowa State and Baylor have met up to everyones expectations though. OSU and A&M were supposed to be these offensive powers this year with people thinking both had legit shots at the big12 chip.

A&M has a decent team. I believe the talent is there, its just not being utilized. you see glimpses of it every once and a while. just a flash in the pan.

A&M has a sorry bowl record under fran, all have been to descent opponents, Tenn and Cal. A&M will get a scrub bowl game, like the Galaxy Furniture.com Bowl. Hopefully against a sorry team that can usher the fran era to a close.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Texas Director

Jon, no doubt Texas was overrated this year. I see them beating Nebraska, probably losing to OSU in Stillwater, probably losing to Tech and I think they'll beat A&M to end up 8-4.

This has been the craziest college football season I've ever seen. Talk about unpredictable. Kansas is definitely the surprise of the Big 12. I hope they win the conference championship.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ben R
Weis signed a huge contract extension at the end of last year, so yes, he will be back in 2 years. My real prediction was that ND would be a National Championship contender in 2 years, and yes, I still stand by that prediction.
not too late to change your mind......USC 38 ND 0. Two 38 point losses in one year. Ouch! No way in hell they even get respectable with Weiss. You can only blame Ty so long and then he will have no excuses.
ND +Weiss = Mediocre
Old 10-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Ginger Hater

Jon, no doubt Texas was overrated this year. I see them beating Nebraska, probably losing to OSU in Stillwater, probably losing to Tech and I think they'll beat A&M to end up 8-4.

This has been the craziest college football season I've ever seen. Talk about unpredictable. Kansas is definitely the surprise of the Big 12. I hope they win the conference championship.
This is going to be funny. But i disagree with your picks.

Nub - W
OSU - Possible Loss, will not pencil in an L, i think texas will win.
Tech - W
A&M - I will not speculate this game, it will depend on who shows up on the field to play that day. Just like two years ago, we were speculated to lose by a huge margin. And we kept it close, a little too close for how we played the rest of the year.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

They beat a bad team that has quit on their coach. What is impressive about that? A&M will lose their remaining four games (five if they even qualify for a bowl game).

Thought you said they were gonna lose this game? huh? What are you gonna say next week when they take it to KU?

That just goes to show what you know about other teams not named TU in making predictions........

Blind hatred does not = Intelligance!!! ***!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Regular

Wow dude, you cant show any respect or courtesy to A&M regardless of whether your talking to a bias A&M fan or not. You honestly cant predict many games in College football this season and talking down calling A&M "marginal" just because their coach is a conservative play caller that made stupid decisions is plain stupid. Until UT plays a meaningful team, AND wins...I wouldn't talk down until UT beats A&M.....this season or not...

Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

Did you really just call Colorado at 4-4 beter than A&M? Congradulations mr. miller you've just earned your dunce cap for the year!!!!
Someone's definitely been eating their share of retard sandwiches!
Old 10-21-2007, 02:30 AM
Launching!

no no no, you guys can't talk ****, you said NB would win and we finally get a moment, so let us have it...it'll be our last this year haha