'05+ 'Stang GT Fog Lights On '05+ V6 'Stang

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05+ 'Stang GT Fog Lights On '05+ V6 'Stang

Like the title says.. My g/f has an '05 v6 mustang and she wants some fog lights.. She was being cheap at the time and didn't buy a GT model cause of the "gas mileage" lol.. Anyways, I was wondering if a GT grille and fog lights off a '05-'07 model would fit onto her car. I'm pretty sure they would, just wanna make sure before I buy everything needed. Help me out guys. Thanks, Ryan.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:03 AM
TECH Resident

isnt this a ?? for a mustang forum??

and to answer the question you probably can, seeing as the cars body is nearly identical, kinda like a firebird and a trans am.. you would of course have to wire the fog lights in, but that should be too hard.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
isnt this a ?? for a mustang forum??

and to answer the question you probably can, seeing as the cars body is nearly identical, kinda like a firebird and a trans am.. you would of course have to wire the fog lights in, but that should be too hard.
Yeah it's a question that should be on a mustang forum, but I see alot of mustang people on here. I was just trying to get some info. on my girlfriend's fog lights.. I'm not about to go and register at some mustang forum just for that you know lol. Thanks for the help man.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

The GT grill will not fit in a V6 bumper. There are other grill's with foglights in them however that are made for the V6 bumper. Just google '05 v6 mustang foglights you'll find some.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Sarge_13, I figured you would be the best person to help me out with this little decision since you have a V6 stang yourself. I was looking at getting something like this http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-v...ogs-black.html.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
Sarge_13, I figured you would be the best person to help me out with this little decision since you have a V6 stang yourself. I was looking at getting something like this http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-v...ogs-black.html.
That's probably one of the best made ones out there. The lights don't really do much but neither do the stock GT fogs. Does look better though. Stay away from the eBay ones because 99 out of 100 times they will need major modification (shaving off of the plastic) or will break during installation.
also, I have never had a problem ordering from americanmuscle.com. quick delivery all that good stuff.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
That's probably one of the best made ones out there. The lights don't really do much but neither do the stock GT fogs. Does look better though. Stay away from the eBay ones because 99 out of 100 times they will need major modification (shaving off of the plastic) or will break during installation.
also, I have never had a problem ordering from americanmuscle.com. quick delivery all that good stuff.
Haha, Na I don't plan on putting ebay **** on my girlfriend's 'stang anytime soon lol. I might just end up ordering the fog light kit from americanmuscle for her birthday!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
Haha, Na I don't plan on putting ebay **** on my girlfriend's 'stang anytime soon lol. I might just end up ordering the fog light kit from americanmuscle for her birthday!
Its not that hard of an install either as I have put in a few billet grilles and foglight grilles for the new Mustangs its just screw snap type operation real easy. Just make sure you wire them correctly