Salvage Title GTO in San Antonio...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007 | 07:30 PM
Banned

Default Salvage Title GTO in San Antonio...

Its at a dealership in SA, looking into buying it for a project car. What exactly does a salvage title mean? What should I look for in a car like that?
Old 10-30-2007 | 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldnt buy a salvaged gto, go to HP salvage out there on 1604 and rigsby next to east central high school and that guy has a lot of salvaged cars you can use as a project car.
Old 10-30-2007 | 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

If you mean its a little car lot then i can understand but if i remeber right large car dealerships such as a chevrolet or ford dealership can not sale salvage title vehicles.

I reccomend bringing in someone to inspect the car if you dont feal you know what to look for. Try to have the dealership put the car on a lift for you to check the frame.
Old 10-30-2007 | 07:57 PM
Banned

they told me I can have a shop of my choice check it out, problem is i'm up in fort worth. I'm going to see if i can find someone down there to check it out.
Old 10-30-2007 | 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by big thumper122
they told me I can have a shop of my choice check it out, problem is i'm up in fort worth. I'm going to see if i can find someone down there to check it out.
Post a new thread here in the texas section and see if any body knows of a reputable shop in that area. There is nothing wrong with buying salvage title cars you just have to know the history of the car. My father and i go to salvage yards that sale the insurance cars and i see wrecked gtos all the time. The case is usually they are wrecked very bad or have a few minor things to fix.

Quick Reply: Salvage Title GTO in San Antonio...