Who will replace Coach Fran??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gipraw
Les will crawl to Ann Arbor naked with a roman candle sticking out of his butt if they offer him the job. Michgan has always been his dream job. His wife hates LA.

I think TT is the front runner, but I have been hearing two other names that are flying under the media's radar.

Mike Price

Butch Davis
Yea, I would crawl to Michigan with fireworks shooting out of my *** too because its soooooo great up there...
Old 11-07-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ncnumber8
Yea, I would crawl to Michigan with fireworks shooting out of my *** too because its soooooo great up there...
It is to him. That was the first place he coached and has always been his dream job. I hope he doesn't leave, but realistically, I can see him gone after this year. If Carr beats OSU and wins the Rose Bowl, I can see him staying though. That is a BIG if though...
Old 11-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
It is to him. That was the first place he coached and has always been his dream job. I hope he doesn't leave, but realistically, I can see him gone after this year. If Carr beats OSU and wins the Rose Bowl, I can see him staying though. That is a BIG if though...

Frans dream job was A&M, and you can see where that landed him.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Spurrier All the way Tommy is at Auburn which a good program too, And Spurrier hates Bob Stoooooops, so the OU vs A&M games can actually be competitive, and Mack Brown although he is a recruting genious, coaching is not his forte. Spurrier, will defenetly make all of these "big name" coaches quiver. Maybe Spurrier can instill some Texas pride on the new recruits, what's with thi crap of some of our best talent going to OU too play. I dont wanna see that, I wanna see the likes of Andrian Peterson play at UT or A&M not OU.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Spurrier doesn't like Mack Brown either.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ncnumber8
112,000 year in year out at the big house, tradition, top ten program almost ever year and the list goes on. My opinion is it's probably the number 1 job in college, no doubt top 5. It's also his Alma Mater, not much that can top that.

ATM might have to wait and see were everyone falls into place after the season, maybe mid late January before they have a coach.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Spurrier All the way Tommy is at Auburn which a good program too, And Spurrier hates Bob Stoooooops, so the OU vs A&M games can actually be competitive, and Mack Brown although he is a recruting genious, coaching is not his forte. Spurrier, will defenetly make all of these "big name" coaches quiver. Maybe Spurrier can instill some Texas pride on the new recruits, what's with thi crap of some of our best talent going to OU too play. I dont wanna see that, I wanna see the likes of Andrian Peterson play at UT or A&M not OU.
Spurrier all the way?? There is NO WAY Spurrier will leave Columbia, SC for hicktown College Station. Not happening. BTW, Spurrier and Stoops are buddies, he doesn't hate Stoops. If anything the both love to disparage Mack Brown together. It's all a moot point because Spurrier is not leaving So. Carlolina.

Here's something to think about regarding the A&M coaching search. Nebraska, LSU (if Les Miles leaves for Michigan), Arkansas, Mississippi, and UCLA could all be looking for head coaches after this season. If all of those jobs come open it could hinder the chances of A&M landing a big name since IMO all of those jobs (with the exception of Ole Miss) are going to be more attractive to a big name coach than the A&M job, which will dilute their candidates. Just something to consider. I know $Bill wants to make a big splash, but he should also consider some young up and comers like Chris Peterson, Bill Muschamp, Bo Pellini, etc. while he's hitting up the "names" as well.

I talked to a buddy of mine today who is a HUGE LSU fan who lives in Baton Rouge and is a LSU season ticket holder, and he told me that if Miles does leave for the Michigan job he's hearing Tuberville's name mentioned as a possible replacement. If this plays out I wonder if Tuberville uses A&M in order to get a monster deal with LSU or a big raise to stay at Auburn. Things are going to get real interesting in the coming weeks.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldn't be suprised to see TT go to Arkansas instead of TAMU, either. That would leave TAMU super screwed, as I don't see Spurrier coming to College Station. I've been reading that if TT does in fact leave Auburn, they will either promote Muschamp or go after Petrino and keep Muschamp where he's at. Double bad news for the Aggies.

It's likely that Peterson will take the UCLA job as well.

Butch Davis maybe??
Old 11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Texas Director

TT doesn't worry me at A&M. Things obviously aren't going well in Atlanta and Chapel Hill for Petrino and Davis, but they've only been there one year and I don't see them leaving after only one year. Petrino would be scary at A&M though.

What is going to be a big uphill battle for the new Aggie coach is trying to recruit against Texas, OU and LSU. As long as those three programs are doing well A&M is going to really struggle to pull in top notch talent from Texas. That is why the Ags haven't done well over the last ten years or so, Mack, Stoops, and to some degee LSU, have kicked their *** in recruiting.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

could you imagine if Butch Davis was the only pic left for aTm.

2008 season is a big ? for the ags. It will be interesting to watch.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

What is going to be a big uphill battle for the new Aggie coach is trying to recruit against Texas, OU and LSU. As long as those three programs are doing well A&M is going to really struggle to pull in top notch talent from Texas. That is why the Ags haven't done well over the last ten years or so, Mack, Stoops, and to some degee LSU, have kicked their *** in recruiting.
Are you joking... A&M may not get all 5 star recruits but they sure as hell got a solid group of 4 star players... Alot of people are straying away from texas... and looking to other schools... If tt comes to a&m players are going to come they know is reputation and they know that a&m has a good talent. I think if he comes and has a good first year a&m will jump over texas in the recruting, and once again bring in alot of 5 star recurits....
Old 11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Interesting article here:

http://www.big12teams.com/aggiestemp/coach_search.html
Old 11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Ben R
There were some good things mentioned in that article and some unrealistic things too, but it's a homer article written by an Aggie, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. I laughed out loud at him mentioning Rodriguez, Gruden and Cowher.

Several of the young, up and comers could turn out to be really good HC's in the future and I'm sure $Bill will be hitting them up as he should. However, there are several big-time programs that will be looking for head coaches so the competition is going to be fierce and the timing of getting on these guys early will determine a lot.

This is the biggest hire that $Bill will make so far at A&M and it will either make or break him at Aggieland. If he hires the wrong guy and it doesn't work out in 3-5 years, he'll go down with the coach, and if he hires the right guy he'll be a hero. This is going to be good!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned

Who knows who they get, but I guarantee you Spurrier would listen to an offer of 3.5-4 million. Hell the guy doesn't have to work another day in his life but it's an ego thing with these big time college coaches. I would not be at all surprised if Spurrier landed in CS.