Any Best Buy, Circuit City, Frys, Conns, etc. employees in here? (LCD flat panel TV)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:17 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tru dat playa. I'll be doing so this weekend. Too bad there are no employees here that could hook me up.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go with a projection tv 1080p, best picture, and cheaper too...got my mitsubishi 52" for $1000 otd
Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Tru dat playa. I'll be doing so this weekend. Too bad there are no employees here that could hook me up.
g pwith the new model samsung DLP like i showed you. Check out the latest in Dlp technology CLICK HERE
Old 11-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Texas Director

Drag, just look at the Sunday ads for Best Buy and Circuit City. Fry's usually has an ad every day on the back of the Chronicle sports page. This is going to be your best deal and is what everyone else does when they are ready to buy something like this. Begging for employee hook ups all the time is embarrassing dont cha think?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

you know all stores will come down on the price..you just have to have the skills to do it!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think samsung has a 61" with a 12" depth and a 56" with like a 10" depth.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
9 Second Club NA

kevin's_00ss, haha, never. No way I would wear a special type of glasses to watch my TV.

mmiller, I'll probably end up doing that. The thing is, should I wait till the day after Thanksgiving. I hate to purchase now, then something better come along that Friday. I know there's bound to be something that'll tickle my fancy, but if not and I miss out on the current sales, I'm gonna be pissed. Begging for discounts? Not here. Embarrassing, nah. I'm not ashamed. Who doesn't want to save a few bucks, whether you're poor, middle class, or rich (rhetorical question).

joshtownsend, I didn't realize you could "bargain" with retail stores.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTEjoshtownsend, I didn't realize you could "bargain" with retail stores.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely...life is just one big flea market anyways... They are there to make money.. Fry’s is esp. good for bargaining.... Don't let the.. ”I’m better than other stores” mentality fool you...They don’t sell, They don’t stay in business!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:39 PM
9 Second Club NA

What? You can't be serious. I've never know anyone to walk into a retail store, while talking to a sales person and say, "Nah, I'm not really interested, it's a bit out of my range, but if it were let's say, $100 cheaper, I could go for it." Then the sales person well, I can't really get you that price, but how about $75 off? Or walk into the store, find what I'm looking for, ask a sales associate, would you take $1500 ($1650 posted price)?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mmiller
Drag, just look at the Sunday ads for Best Buy and Circuit City. Fry's usually has an ad every day on the back of the Chronicle sports page. This is going to be your best deal and is what everyone else does when they are ready to buy something like this. Begging for employee hook ups all the time is embarrassing dont cha think?
Plus dont you think they will wear out their "frequent buying employee discount" on their immediate families and friends before they would do that for somebody they dont really know?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
What? You can't be serious. I've never know anyone to walk into a retail store, while talking to a sales person and say, "Nah, I'm not really interested, it's a bit out of my range, but if it were let's say, $100 cheaper, I could go for it." Then the sales person well, I can't really get you that price, but how about $75 off? Or walk into the store, find what I'm looking for, ask a sales associate, would you take $1500 ($1650 posted price)?
You need to hang around me then. It’s a standard thing!!! If I was not busy this weekend, I’ll come over and show you how it’s done...I can't tell you I paid the list price for something in a retail store...Best buy, Lowes Fry’s, Gallery furniture.. ect… The key it to be firm and be willing to walk away with them know that you have the money to spend right then and there…Very rarely will they let you go or say no in the end…But if they do, just ask for a manager!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Texas Director

Drag, try going early (like 5AM) on the Friday after Thanksgiving to get the best deals. IMO that will be your best chance to get the best deal out there.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 AM
9 Second Club NA

Yes sir, I do that every year. You'd be amazed how many shoppers are out at that time, lol. I don't want to spend more than a couple of days shopping for presents because it's just too chaotic out there. I know Thursday, I'll be checking out all those Chronical ads.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Launching!

........reminds me of one year I thought I would get to Fry's at 5 in the morning to find about a whole square city block of people already beat us there to there! (day after Thanksgiving).