anyone had rotator cuff surgery?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The doctor mentioned that there is a bone that is interfering with the movement (seems like he said it was part of the collar bone, he is going to cut a portion of that off. he also mentioned that there is heavy arthritis (especially for 24 years old) and he is going to work on that also.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by big thumper122
I'm having mine done Friday, the only thing I'm slightly worried about is the nerve block in my neck. Has anyone ever had this done, and what does that part consist of? I'm terrified of needles, always have been....any horror stories about recoveries?
yeah I have had 6 rotator cuff surgeries so far...I guess I am just stubborn about playing sports. In every surgery I had, they did the block. It wasnt bad, all they do is stick an electrode in your neck to find the right nerve before they dump all the deadner stuff in the wrong place. Kinda makes you twitch a little as they work their way across the nerve bundles. But its really nice because your arm stays dead for a few days afterwards and you dont have to worry about the pain for several days. What doctor are you using? Just curious, the first five I had done by Steven Thompson, and the last one done by Hussein Elkousy, suprisingly the last Doctor was a great guy and very nice. Goodluck with your surgery, and for GODS SAKE dont try to rush it and mess around before you are ready to. Thats why I had 6 surgeries. If I hadnt goofed around so soon after 1 or 2 of my surgeries, I would pb have had 1 or 2 less. Shoot one time, I was picking up humvee tires/rims/beedlocks and loading them in and out of my truck and they easily weight 125 lbs/tire. That pb wasnt smart.

Oh yeah no cast either.

Remington
Old 11-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 95zpro
The big thing is don't rush the recovery or you will be back in the same boat;I saw plenty of people going thru the same procedure when my wife was getting rehab on her knee because they rushed the recovery ! That's all there was at Christus St.John's;knee surgery or rotator cuff surgery.
Are you talking about the Christus stJohns off of 528 and winding way(across from autozone)??? If so, Rusty is a badass. Very cool guy, and yeah I had some rotator cuff rehab there, several times. Meeting and getting to know Rusty actually made me want to become a Physical Therapist, still in school though.

Remington
Old 11-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

Joe M. Todd in Fort Worth is doing it...he seems like a good guy, he's a t.u. graduate, thats about the only bad thing I have to say about him.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by big thumper122
Joe M. Todd in Fort Worth is doing it...he seems like a good guy, he's a t.u. graduate, thats about the only bad thing I have to say about him.
well TU grads from the medical branch isnt a bad thing atleast...

Remington

Quick Reply: anyone had rotator cuff surgery?