Deer season!!!!! 56K instant death

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by regorih383
you guys are pigs! shame on you for killing those poor animals! How in the hell is Santa suppose to fly his sled when you kill all of his power.......
Word on the street is that he's supposed to swap the deer for an LSX sometime early next month.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
We use 4 bay dogs (black mouth currs) and 1 catch dog (put bull).. Also a big *** knife to stab the hog, lol. It's no fun shooting 'em when you can chase 'em!
heh, until one of those bastards gets pissed at you and ***** you up with those tusks......

......if i'm going hunting for those, i'll bring a gun, tyvm.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
heh, until one of those bastards gets pissed at you and ***** you up with those tusks......

......if i'm going hunting for those, i'll bring a gun, tyvm.
About a month ago the dogs bayed up a whole pack. Atleast a good 20 hogs or so ranging in all sizes. I don't worry about the hogs trying to get me, the dog's have my back . Only thing you have to watch out for is rattle snakes. When we go hunting, we go at night so you can't see those bastards too easily . Already stepped on two.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FatZ28
What did you use to shoot that deer in the head? Is that the exit or entrance wound?

Browning .270 A-Bolt with a 3-9x50 mil Leupold Scope... same rifle in the first pic. As for entry or exit..... think of it as both. I kind of unzipped her head.

HERE is another pic..... kind of graphic. I also have video of the shot.......
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

So why a head shot. Was she really close? The stuff I have been reading has been saying that head shots are bad because you could knock their bottom jaw off and they could starve to death.

I am just getting into deer hunting. My first deer hunt will be in 3 weeks. So excuse my ignorance in advance.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Teching In

I wish I knew how to hunt I allways thought it was awesone
Old 11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Teching In

My uncle owns the 777 Ranch outsite of Hondo, TX

Here are a few pictures from the Whitetail breeding pen. These pics were taken last year. There are some REALLY nice deer in there.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Humanoid
So why a head shot. Was she really close? The stuff I have been reading has been saying that head shots are bad because you could knock their bottom jaw off and they could starve to death.

I am just getting into deer hunting. My first deer hunt will be in 3 weeks. So excuse my ignorance in advance.
She was angled a little bit at me and I didnt have a clean shot at her front shoulders. I guess you need to see the video to understand why I took the shot I did. I have also plinked a deer in the neck (killing it instantly) for the same reason. If I would have shot her in the heart, it would have gone thru and hit her stomach.... and I dont want that.

As for the broken jaw, if you shoot a deer in the face when they are looking right at you.... it is going to die. If they are turned to the side then yes, worry about shooting their mouth off.

Black02- you want to see a monster penned buck?

Last edited by DSIM; 11-27-2007 at 02:55 PM.