Street racing claims another life.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess next law is gonna be if your next to a person with a gun and he accidently shoots himself you'll get charged with murder for being next to him.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
I guess next law is gonna be if your next to a person with a gun and he accidently shoots himself you'll get charged with murder for being next to him.
No ****..
Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first off I have to say that no matter who is to blame,prayers go out to the family of the kid who passed.They are going to need alot of strength to pull through this and of course,they will never be over it.

Second I just have to say that I find it soo strange how some people get VERY touchy about when you try to push your religeous beliefs on them and yet at the same time,they seem OK with pushing thier risk taking "beliefs" on other people by risking our lives and the lives of our families...

BTW...what do you guys think about the "Street Racing & Kill Stories" section of this board?

As much as everyone says to "take it to the track",I find it strange that the people in charge of this site would allow a section dedicated to "Street Racing & Kill Stories".

So obviously I don't like it and think it's a blemish on an otherwise awesome site.Of course thats just my opinion.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MJK
BTW...what do you guys think about the "Street Racing & Kill Stories" section of this board?

As much as everyone says to "take it to the track",I find it strange that the people in charge of this site would allow a section dedicated to "Street Racing & Kill Stories".

So obviously I don't like it and think it's a blemish on an otherwise awesome site.Of course thats just my opinion.
Care to explain your sig pic? Maybe I just read into it.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:09 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
Care to explain your sig pic? Maybe I just read into it.

It's what we are called...Not what we do...Almost all the cars in our team are streetable.But I can see how you got confused.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MJK
It's what we are called...Not what we do...Almost all the cars in our team are streetable.But I can see how you got confused.
I see!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

wow that sucks...did anyone on here know them?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Young guys with "fast" cars are going to do whatever they want to.You can talk to them all you want but in the end they make the decision to drive fast and careless.
Bottom line is at that age no kid needs a fast car.I had one at 16 and I know how I acted.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Young guys with "fast" cars are going to do whatever they want to.You can talk to them all you want but in the end they make the decision to drive fast and careless.
Absolutely. No matter how much my mom begged me to be responsible, I had fast cars and I abused them. Wrecked em, and blew one up. Thank GOD I'm still alive. Second, my good friend Matt, who I posted about in Oct. had a Yamaha R6 and he passed away riding with friends 10/13.. His mom offered to pay off his bike and give him 5,000 but money wouldn't pull him away from what he really wanted to do. She even went as far as to say that the bike would kill him one day. Unfortunately she was right. God Bless him. BUT he died doing what he truly enjoyed......

[/quote]Bottom line is at that age no kid needs a fast car.I had one at 16 and I know how I acted.[/quote]

I very much disagree that no kid needs a fast car. Like Powered by Satan said, as long as the kid acquires general experience driving, and perhaps some aggressive driving exp, the kid will learn the car and adapt to it, thereby learning to respect it's power. I learned the hard way.. Could've ended up differently but that's just the way things go. I acted a fool too but I was always a good driver.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS_Juan
I'm just saying that if not many people are street racing and causing accidents, then not too many people are going to go to jail. The whole argument was that streetracing wasn't as big of an epidemic as being reported. What if you were racing and the other guy killed an innocent bystander? Should you be held accountable as well? Slap on the wrist? Probation? If you know that when you race, if something goes wrong you could go to jail, it should make you think. Sure, doing it on a back road poses less of a risk, but it is still your choice and you have to live with the consequences. As far as a gross misuse of power, might be a bit of stretch bud.

My mistake I guess I misread what you were saying, and of course if someone hits an innocent bystander they should be held accountable. What I was saying was trying to pin the other persons death on the kid that survived isn't right. They both knew what they were doing and they both knew the consequences. Im not saying it isn't a tragic situation because it is but..the bottom line is if a racer kills another racer in a street race the survivor shouldn't be held accountable for the other persons death. I agree 100% percent something should be done with regards to the street racing but trying to put the other kids death on the survivor flat out wrong.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:08 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
WTF? I didnt contradict anything. Since Ive MAYBE "raced" twice in my life (i'd say a good 3-4 yrs ago) im a street racer? um no. If thats the case. I guess if I was an alcoholic 10 yrs ago but havent drank since. Im still an alcholic? Even when I did "race" those couple times, I honestly dont know if I would even consider them races. it would be like a 40-75ish run. So pretty much nothing. I didnt consider my self a street racer then either.

And to be honest. Yes I do think those kids were probably going faster then 80. Most people I know that "street race" race to well over 100, you dont really see many people racing to 80 then stopping.
not to be an *** but once an alcoholic always an alcoholic. even if it is 40 years later... your still an alcoholic. way offf topic i know. I just throw that in there.

On topic... Street Racing should be a crime, but should it be a felony? No. should someone be held criminaly responcible for someone else's actions? No.

There was a Supreme Court ruling a few years ago about two people racing. One guy died and the other charged with murder. The United States Supreme Court ruled that both parties engaged in a dangerous act. The death was only that persons fault.

This Texas law goes against the US Supreme Court. The law is illegal. and no that is not false statement. Many states pass laws that go against supreme court rulings. (they are illegal and usually overthrown by a good lawyer)
Old 12-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HTX
not to be an *** but once an alcoholic always an alcoholic. even if it is 40 years later... your still an alcoholic. way offf topic i know. I just throw that in there.

On topic... Street Racing should be a crime, but should it be a felony? No. should someone be held criminaly responcible for someone else's actions? No.

There was a Supreme Court ruling a few years ago about two people racing. One guy died and the other charged with murder. The United States Supreme Court ruled that both parties engaged in a dangerous act. The death was only that persons fault.

This Texas law goes against the US Supreme Court. The law is illegal. and no that is not false statement. Many states pass laws that go against supreme court rulings. (they are illegal and usually overthrown by a good lawyer)

I can kind of understand where you are coming from, but the other guy said he was a street racer bc he did it like twice. That would be the equivelant of being labeled an alcoholic after only two drinks. Not exactly what would happen, and if so, I'm going to guess that every person on here is a street racer by that logic...