Another Discount Tire Mishap..

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joeformula
Did they drop one of your TT2's?!
Yep.. Stil have the bend in the lip too.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Yep.. Stil have the bend in the lip too.
why didnt you have them pay for it? if we screw something up we never argue we just take care of the customer
Old 12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
why didnt you have them pay for it? if we screw something up we never argue we just take care of the customer
The bend can't really be seen but if you run your hand along the lip you can feel it. When I brought it up they said it was like that when I brought it in and they didn't drop the wheel even though I saw the kid do it.

Yours may not argue but they did
Old 12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
The bend can't really be seen but if you run your hand along the lip you can feel it. When I brought it up they said it was like that when I brought it in and they didn't drop the wheel even though I saw the kid do it.

Yours may not argue but they did
I made the mistake of dropping my brand new TTM's off at my local discount tire since I bought my tires there. I work at a different tire shop down the street, but didn't want to mount the tires myself since we didn't have any of the little plastic covers to keep the machine from scratching the wheel at the time. When I got back there was a very noticeable bend in the lip of one of the rear rims. When I brought it up, the manager kept telling me how it wasn't possible to bend an aluminum wheel, and that I brought it in that way. The wheels were still in the box when I dropped them off. The technician that actually did the work kept telling me that "I must have hit a curb or something." Needless to say, this pissed me off pretty bad. I had to get on the phone with the vice president of the district (or something along those lines) before they would replace the wheel. They also tore the bead on the tire while dismounting it and had to have the tire replaced as well. I will NEVER ever go back to the discount tire in Denton. The manager, Rich Richards, tried everything he could think of to pass the blame. He flat out called me a liar, but continued to change his story every few seconds. I know that at my shop, this **** would NEVER fly. We have replaced things we KNOW we couldn't have done just to keep the customer happy.

Some of the chrome on the replacement wheel they got me is bubbling and I took it to a different discount tire and they are taking care of it without any hassle so far. I guess you just have to pick which ones you go to.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I work at discount in Katy but dont get there till the afternoons alot of the guys there dont care about the cars im a proud LS1 owner so if anyone needs work to there F-body just ask for Matt and i will take care of it
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by matt510
I work at discount in Katy but dont get there till the afternoons alot of the guys there dont care about the cars im a proud LS1 owner so if anyone needs work to there F-body just ask for Matt and i will take care of it
Matt, I apologize for any of these guys if they were saying that ALL discount people dont care about people's cars. There is always a good egg like you that do care and understand our love for cars and are tedious of how we as a whole want our cars treated.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear that man, but discount tire in NRH has always been real good to my cars. I will NEVER go to NTB again. I got owned hard by NTB.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1970judge
Sorry to hear that man, but discount tire in NRH has always been real good to my cars. I will NEVER go to NTB again. I got owned hard by NTB.
How? I work at NTB.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, on my thirdgen, i had a flat so i went and bought all 4 new tires. The others were dry rotted so why not. Well i got 4 245's this dude wanted to sell me like top of the line **** i didnt want. I understand just trying to make a sale, but when i say no it means no, not ask me 70 more times. Big deal, so i finally get my 400$ tires..and i assure you they were not worth 400$. I have gotten better quality from discount tire, for a way better price then 400$. Again, big deal, i needed the tires. I start to drive off and exiting i make a right i hear a big thud. I make a left THUD, right thud, left thud, So on so forth til i got home. Mind you i asked for weight on the inside of my wheel. I got home jacked the car up they put weights on the lip, and it just started taking chunks out of my steering linkages. everytime i turned. I then noticed i had a 225 tire. I had the receipt that said 4x245 tires. I paid for 4 but got 3 and i 225. No big deal take it back show them my ticket, get it fixed? NOPE....the manager did nothing about it. I had ALL documentation to prove i bought 4 245's and ALL 4 tires still had every bit of tread on them and he said too bad. I do not mean to talk down to you or your shops but i prefer discount tire, thats all.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt510
Which one? Katy Mills or Mason?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Katy Mills
Old 12-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1970judge
Well, on my thirdgen, i had a flat so i went and bought all 4 new tires. The others were dry rotted so why not. Well i got 4 245's this dude wanted to sell me like top of the line **** i didnt want. I understand just trying to make a sale, but when i say no it means no, not ask me 70 more times. Big deal, so i finally get my 400$ tires..and i assure you they were not worth 400$. I have gotten better quality from discount tire, for a way better price then 400$. Again, big deal, i needed the tires. I start to drive off and exiting i make a right i hear a big thud. I make a left THUD, right thud, left thud, So on so forth til i got home. Mind you i asked for weight on the inside of my wheel. I got home jacked the car up they put weights on the lip, and it just started taking chunks out of my steering linkages. everytime i turned. I then noticed i had a 225 tire. I had the receipt that said 4x245 tires. I paid for 4 but got 3 and i 225. No big deal take it back show them my ticket, get it fixed? NOPE....the manager did nothing about it. I had ALL documentation to prove i bought 4 245's and ALL 4 tires still had every bit of tread on them and he said too bad. I do not mean to talk down to you or your shops but i prefer discount tire, thats all.
Thats pretty brutal man. I would be pissed too. I'm 100% positive our manager would have taken care of that without even thinking about it. Our "service manager" would probably be a different story. I'm not sure he knows what steering linkage is. Discount is definitely cheaper for tires, I just bought 4 rims and tires and it was cheaper to get the tires from discount than from NTB with my discount. As far as stupid **** happening and getting **** fixed, that depends more on the management/people doing the work than the name on the sign outside. However, if you make enough phone calls and get on enough people's nerves, any major company will eventually give you what you want. That is why discount is replacing my right rear wheel AGAIN.

Quick Reply: Another Discount Tire Mishap..