My defense for upcoming ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. I think you have a strong enough argument without the "manufacturer did not provide" portion.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by playtoy
I think it is it has to exit outside the passenger compartment.
Passenger compartment goes all the way back to the trunk divider on these cars. If the divider is flipped down to allow access to the "trunk", then the pass. compartment goes back all the way.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Location: The Republic of Texas, just south of the United States...

Thank you all for the great input. I'm going to whittle down the arguement to the fundementals that will provide me with the win in this case and will keep you informed as to the outcome.

For what its worth, I'm a clean cut 40 year old business/graduate degreed education professional who worked at a law school while completing my business degree. Doesn't make me a superlawyer in anyway at all, but I'm not afraid of "the man" either. I think the judge and my peers will see that and be able to easily tell that I'm not street racing and driving like a maniac, romping on the gas at every light or anything like that but actually a respectable and for the most part law abiding citizen (my opinion).
Old 12-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Hey Nedermeyer, I think I've seen your car before parked outside of O'Reilys (however it's spelt) over in Floresville. I'm just going by the descripition of your car in your sig.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Launching!

you know, all you have to do to get the license plate ticket dismissed is show up to court with a picture of it on the front of your car and say you put it back on.

it would be a good idea to just keep a picture like that handy, and just take it to court with you anytime you get that ticket
Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
you know, all you have to do to get the license plate ticket dismissed is show up to court with a picture of it on the front of your car and say you put it back on.

it would be a good idea to just keep a picture like that handy, and just take it to court with you anytime you get that ticket
LOL!!

Good idea but may not work...I had a judge send out a clerk to the parking lot to confirm.Luckily I actually had it on my TA at the time.

Maybe try it but,go to court with a pic but show up in another vehicle??
Old 12-31-2007, 05:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

You gotta alot of ***** ill say that. That cop has already got you twice so I dont imagine a third time is all that difficult, especially if your unsuccessful at trying to make him look bad in front of his superiors. I would drop the attitude and stick with facts for the court room.

Originally Posted by Nedermeyer
I'm a clean cut 40 year old business/graduate degreed education professional
Good, act like an mature adult without the attitude and I think youll come out ok.

Good luck, and keep us posted
Old 12-31-2007, 08:58 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

So did you get a ticket for the front plate or not? It reads to me that you only got a ticket for the exhaust... Am I correct?

If so, you're in the clear of the front plate WARNING that you received...your arguement is all focused on the front plate though...what's your plan to contest the exhaust citation?

Again, just curious....you've got a compelling arguement about the front plate, I just couldn't tell for sure if you got two tickets or just one.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 12-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Hi Matt,

I was issued a citation for both the exhaust and the license plate.

I hope no one thinks I'm going to go in and act like an *** or with an attitude, but rather as a professional and an adult. I have yet to speak with his superior officer but plan to in regard to his condescending and unprofessional attitude towards me. Many, many people in this community know this guy and have mentioned that he's a complete jerk to everyone he encounters. Its one think to do your job, its quite another to be a dick about it to those you serve.

The good thing is that I'm moving after the end of this school year to teach somewhere else so I've only got another 6 months left in this place. The other thing is that I'm going to be installing a stroker motor with a procharger in the fall of 08 and the cam is going to have to be be tamed quite a down a bit anyway which is what makes it sound as radical as it does.

I lived in Lubbock for 10 years and never, ever had any issue whatsoever in regard to these two issues that I was ticketed about. Hell, I had state troopers out in west Texas drive up next to me and give a thumbs up, make nice comments about the car and how it sounded, and how clean I kept it and the mods on it. I move to Floresville and all of sudden I have a trooper who thinks he is the law and suffering from doughnut withdrawel giving me ****.

Right now I've got the license plate mounted on the front windshield on the upper right hand side with clear suction cups, thinking of relocating it to the lower front air dam.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Teching In

My intention to contest the exhaust violation is that the transportation code in Texas specify's a fixed working muffler system, without mention of exactly how loud is too loud, decibel level, and the idea of the officers personal perspective in application of any law without equal application to all other motor vehicles.

If anyone knows of a code that does specify a decibel level or uniform code for the sound level, I would love to see it, where its written, so I can either comply to it or use it in my defense.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:24 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Gotcha, I guess I missed that part of the book

It sounds like a compelling arguement to me! Good luck with it!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice