Neighbors getting angry about my car... what can happen?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
loud exhaust systems are gay, especially if your **** isn't running at least 9s in the quarter. I'd rather have a quiet car that hauls *** any day.

loud exhausts on slow cars are no better than f-cking ricers with their fartpipes.
too each his own. My car is "loud" compared to the 'everday' cars in my neighbordhood. It is not overly loud and fits the car perfect IMO. I guess all cars on here with Long tube headers/true duals are gay? I guess they're all ricers?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

I talked to my dad (he used to be the hoa president) and he said they can't do **** but call the cops and the cops couldn't do **** unless they saw him driving. All in all, I like the **** em idea. Oh and P, spirited driver? thats hilarious. I think I can agree with that..
Old 12-30-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

charger, your dad must have never written in a bylaw regarding loud cars. my neighborhood association called an "emergency meeting" about 2 weeks after i went true duals, bullets dumped, and kooks LT's on my big cammed 408(it was then canceled). needless to say, i was a bit worried as my bylaws say i can be fined by the day(i guess it only applies if its driven that day), but theres also laws saying there cant be any non working vehicles in the neighborhood for more than 7 days.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slmdLS1
charger, your dad must have never written in a bylaw regarding loud cars. my neighborhood association called an "emergency meeting" about 2 weeks after i went true duals, bullets dumped, and kooks LT's on my big cammed 408(it was then canceled). needless to say, i was a bit worried as my bylaws say i can be fined by the day(i guess it only applies if its driven that day), but theres also laws saying there cant be any non working vehicles in the neighborhood for more than 7 days.
I have never heard of any bylaw regarding loud cars, but who knows. This is the first we have ever had neighbors actually pissed at us. My old Charger had cutouts and was much louder and no one really complained. I guess we'll see what happens...
Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Launching!

slmdLS1... Your car is ****'n sweet! I like the way it sits. How low is the exhaust from the ground?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
the exhaust tone on the vipers is gay too...but you know what they say about opinions....
My Viper is quiet. I don't like loud catless Vipers either. They sound like ***.

Besides, WTF does my Viper have to do with this thread other than you just being butt-hurt that you can't afford one? Boo Hoo, you made fun of my Viper.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i didnt read the whole thread but thats exactly why i have never had true duals...nice and sound good but its annoying not being able to hear myself think while driving...catback ***....i kept my stock catback from the rear seat back...i run ory 3 inch into a single 3 inch with a cutout(electric) then to my stock catback...which is still pretty large...but u can stand 10 feet from my car and barely notice its running...then i can open the cutout and make 600+ hp...its very nice...i neve have any complaints and now since ive changed my exhaust to this...i havent had a ticket(knock on wood) before this i had 15 tickets in 9 months...
Old 12-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Launching!

My Viper is quiet. I don't like loud catless Vipers either. They sound like ***.

Besides, WTF does my Viper have to do with this thread other than you just being butt-hurt that you can't afford one? Boo Hoo, you made fun of my Viper.
Never heard a Viper.. Although I did pass one up whenever I had my Z71. I was revving it up at the driver, just cause I wanted to see how fast those things pull.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Home Owners Associations are gay. I could never live in a place that has one. I'll be damned if I have to ask someone if I can paint my house a certain color, if I can put up a fence, or any other bullshit like that.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
Never heard a Viper.. Although I did pass one up whenever I had my Z71. I was revving it up at the driver, just cause I wanted to see how fast those things pull.
Vipers with offroad exhaust and no crossover pipe sound like two V6 ricers with fartcans. Pretty awful sound. If you leave the cats in place and use a quality set of mufflers, they sound deeper and very exotic.

Donohue, if a car is loud as hell (dumped, no cats, only bullet mufflres) and is SLOW, then yes that car is gay. No need for NASCAR sound if your car can't back up the bark. Louder than stock is okay, such as aftermarket catbacks etc... I'm talking about the jokers in 13-second f-bodies rolling around with no cats and cutouts wide open. SLOW and LOUD. Just like a ricer, no?
Old 12-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by playtoy
Home Owners Associations are gay. I could never live in a place that has one. I'll be damned if I have to ask someone if I can paint my house a certain color, if I can put up a fence, or any other bullshit like that.
My Dad's friend just recently moved into a house that has an HOA, or whatever. He said they are very strict about the stuff you have on your property. He gave my Dad a $2,400 car trailer which is brand new with less then 1,000 miles on it, an oversea storage container, and one of those portable car ports because the HOA wouldn't let him have that on his property. HOA told him the carport has to match the house or be built onto it. Some **** like that.

Last edited by GunshotZ28; 12-31-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Donohue, if a car is loud as hell (dumped, no cats, only bullet mufflres) and is SLOW, then yes that car is gay. No need for NASCAR sound if your car can't back up the bark. Louder than stock is okay, such as aftermarket catbacks etc... I'm talking about the jokers in 13-second f-bodies rolling around with no cats and cutouts wide open. SLOW and LOUD. Just like a ricer, no?
ya, I understand what you're saying. But in a way, your previous post made it sound like my car was ricerish, bc it doesnt run 9s? And I dont agree. For a DD, its damn fast and sounds good. I dont consider it to be anywhere close to ricerish.

Last edited by Donohue96M6Z28; 12-31-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Gotta set that **** up like carbon monoxide, silent killer, dont know whats up till its over
Old 12-31-2007, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

I feel your pain, man. Nobody bothered me before with just LT's and open plate Borla. (I don't have the plates.) Now the car is H/C, and it's just plain loud. Ended up having to put a McCord powerplate in place of the Borla plates and close it and run it through the muffler. Even then, it's still pretty loud, but has kept me outta trouble so far. *Fingers crossed*
Old 12-31-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they're not all bad, the idea behind them is good, it's just the implementation in most cases that sucks *****.

i mean, why wouldn't you want some rules in place that help keep the neighborhood looking good? if you didn't, the area starts getting run-down over time and starts looking ugly, and the area loses real estate value.

that said, it does suck that some uppity POS can cause tons of problems for anyone who doesn't fit their particular image of how things should be. it's like, just because they're an old, boring busybody who drives a stock Nissan Maxima or something, they have to ruin it for anyone else who shows a little individuality and likes something different. granted, if someone was running around with open cutouts or revving their car a lot through the neighborhood, they might have a legitimate complaint.....

as for the noise complaints, i think that in most places, there are only restrictions on noise levels between certain hours of the day, like between 10pm and 6am on weekdays, or some such. like someone could get in trouble if they get up and start mowing the lawn at 5am, or if they roll through the neighborhood bumping their four 15" subs at max volume at midnight, but at other times, the law won't get involved (unless it's extremely excessive, obviously).

but the shittiest part about it is that very few of those ******** in the HOA have the ***** to actually come to you in person if they have a problem with something that you do....instead, they just go talk about you behind your back at their HOA meetings or call the cops to try to get you in as much trouble as possible, to "teach you a lesson", because how dare you even consider driving anything other than a quiet, normal, pussified car?
Old 12-31-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
slmdLS1... Your car is ****'n sweet! I like the way it sits. How low is the exhaust from the ground?
these were the old grots, the kooks tuck up just a hair better...
Old 12-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
the idea behind them is good, it's just the implementation in most cases that sucks *****.
I can agree with that, but I work hard for what I have. I'm not going to let a gourp of ****** tell me what I can and cant do with my house. As previously stated one man had to get rid of a car trailer just because he moved into a house and someone told him that was bringing down the value of his property. Give me a break. Maybe if the trailer was parked on the grass in the front yard. This is the reason that I live in the country and not closer to Houston.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:52 AM
Launching!

As previously stated one man had to get rid of a car trailer just because he moved into a house and someone told him that was bringing down the value of his property. Give me a break. Maybe if the trailer was parked on the grass in the front yard. This is the reason that I live in the country and not closer to Houston.

Well my Dad's friend also has a bike trailer for his Harley's, and another trailer for his 4wheelers. I guess they didn't like the fact he had to much trailers, lol. I guess the only reason he gave the car trailer to my Dad was because he knew I was into racing and didn't have a trailer to take my car to the tracks on. This guy is LOADED and the fact that he gave us the trailer doesn't bother him. He bought it just to bring his wife's mustang gt down from Alabama. He didn't want her to make the drive alone so instead pulled it back with his F350.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slmdLS1
these were the old grots, the kooks tuck up just a hair better...
Damn that's pretty low. I can tell from the pics. you have had a couple of incounters with some speed bumbs or something low lol. Don't worry.. I have the same problem. I couldn't make it up my ex girlfriend's driveway so I had to leave it on the side of the road .
Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood, and pretty much all of my cars have had exhaust. For some reason my car cracks so freaking loud when it first starts up, it almost sounds like I revved it on purpose. My neighbors give me strange looks, but IMO f them. I own just like they do and if they have a problem they need to come talk to me.