Neighbors getting angry about my car... what can happen?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I'm tossing around the idea of quieter catback with an electric cutout in the I-pipe. So it would be quiet for the douchebags/old people in the neighborhood and on longer trips, but loud when I want it.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My parents split up, and I am about to go to college, so I'm living with my G-dad in Yuppy Land. I have my car cammin all over the place... They all see me, they all hate me, they all CANT DO ****!!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by daniel6718
lol i didnt read the whole thread but thats exactly why i have never had true duals...nice and sound good but its annoying not being able to hear myself think while driving...catback ***....i kept my stock catback from the rear seat back...i run ory 3 inch into a single 3 inch with a cutout(electric) then to my stock catback...which is still pretty large...but u can stand 10 feet from my car and barely notice its running...then i can open the cutout and make 600+ hp...its very nice...i neve have any complaints and now since ive changed my exhaust to this...i havent had a ticket(knock on wood) before this i had 15 tickets in 9 months...
All of those just on the exhaust???
Old 12-31-2007, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
loud exhaust systems are gay, especially if your **** isn't running at least 9s in the quarter. I'd rather have a quiet car that hauls *** any day.

loud exhausts on slow cars are no better than f-cking ricers with their fartpipes.

this is true............i USED to run true duals on my cammed z28 but it got old real quick. Neighbors hated me wherever i moved to. I even had the cops called on me twice. The last time the cops rang the doorbell at 7am and while i was getting dressed they were looking under my car. They warned me about not having cats and having the exhaust dumped and said if they caught me driving it like that i would get a BIG fine and have to get the car re-inspected. Now i didnt drive like an idiot either. I would not drive after 9pm and if i did come back home real late i would kill the car before i even got to my driveway and just coast in.

I sold my true duals and now run a magnaflow catback. I love how much quieter it is at idle and low rpms.

Brent
Old 12-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Banned

My Viper is quiet. I don't like loud catless Vipers either. They sound like ***.

Besides, WTF does my Viper have to do with this thread other than you just being butt-hurt that you can't afford one? Boo Hoo, you made fun of my Viper.
Same thing your opinion about loud slow cars being gay has to do with a thread the OP made asking about his HOA. I don't think he asked for opinions on his car being gay or not.

Boo hoo I can't afford a viper and you made fun of me

Anyway I'm not gonna get into a pissing match w/the head supermod...go get laid and relax.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:10 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
ya, I understand what you're saying. But in a way, your previous post made it sound like my car was ricerish, bc it doesnt run 9s? And I dont agree. For a DD, its damn fast and sounds good. I dont consider it to be anywhere close to ricerish.
I don't think your car is ricer. I happen to be one of those neighbors who can't stand hearing loud *** NASCAR wannabes pass my house. Any car that sounds like that belongs on a trailer headed to the drag strip, there simply isn't any need for that noise in a residential area.

Now, get out on the open highway or a track, be as loud as you want. That is the beauty of an electric cutout, loud when you 'need' it. Too many younger guys still believe that louder means faster, when it simply isn't true. I love walking cars that are slugs and overly loud with my quiet cars, always have. It is just a ricer mentality to think having your car as loud as possible is cool. I'm not saying keep the car stock, but there is a difference between sounding good and being overly loud.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't think your car is ricer. I happen to be one of those neighbors who can't stand hearing loud *** NASCAR wannabes pass my house. Any car that sounds like that belongs on a trailer headed to the drag strip, there simply isn't any need for that noise in a residential area.

Now, get out on the open highway or a track, be as loud as you want. That is the beauty of an electric cutout, loud when you 'need' it. Too many younger guys still believe that louder means faster, when it simply isn't true. I love walking cars that are slugs and overly loud with my quiet cars, always have. It is just a ricer mentality to think having your car as loud as possible is cool. I'm not saying keep the car stock, but there is a difference between sounding good and being overly loud.
you were calling it ricer bc it was loud and doesnt run 9s. My car isnt as loud as possible. It sounds good for what it is. Im also not going to be living in this residential area for long like stated previously. In SM, I highly doubt that the underage partiers etc will call the cops on my car. Noone cares there.

on a side note.. Ya maybe my car is annoying to some. But do I go outside and yell at there kids for yelling and screaming while playing? It goes both ways.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Launching!

whatever that's what's awesome about having an automotive hobby is freedom of personal expression. if somebody wants their car loud as hell, it's up to them to do that, and they're free to love it. neighbors like you **** me off, because you bitch and moan about the most minor of things and a general pain in the ***. on a level, i agree in that i don't like loud *** cars driving by my house at all times of the night, and that's why i respect people as mentioned in this thread that don't get out and romp on it after 9pm. as far as daytime goes, who gives a rat's ***? are you having a hard time listening to your soap operas or something?

i'm having a hard time believing that the owner of a car enthusiast forum is coming in and criticizing how his members mod their cars and calling them stupid for liking it loud. that's stupid IMHO
Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
whatever that's what's awesome about having an automotive hobby is freedom of personal expression. if somebody wants their car loud as hell, it's up to them to do that, and they're free to love it. neighbors like you **** me off, because you bitch and moan about the most minor of things and a general pain in the ***. on a level, i agree in that i don't like loud *** cars driving by my house at all times of the night, and that's why i respect people as mentioned in this thread that don't get out and romp on it after 9pm. as far as daytime goes, who gives a rat's ***? are you having a hard time listening to your soap operas or something?

i'm having a hard time believing that the owner of a car enthusiast forum is coming in and criticizing how his members mod their cars and calling them stupid for liking it loud. that's stupid IMHO
Old 12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't make your own assumptions. I don't bitch and moan to the HOA about this crap, I only said it irritates me to hear stuff like glass-packed shitbox pickup trucks and crapbox 4.6L Mustangs with no exhaust systems pass my place. Daytime doesn't bother me.

There is a time and place for everything, and you also agree that loud *** cars at night are lame. I don't know about you, but I get home at night pretty often, and I'm sure that these loud *** cars don't have a volume **** unless an electric cutout is installed.

Anyways, this thread has served its purpose. For the most part HOA's suck, and they have more control than you think.