Road Rage Incident in SA

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't bring a bat to a gun fight

Here in TX you can carry a loaded weapon at all times in your vehicle, as long as it is concealed from plain view. You may use this weapon to protect yourself from harmful threat, and do not need a CHL to use it.

So, those of you that have severe road rage better think twice before playing Mr. Toughguy at an intersection.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Don't bring a bat to a gun fight

Here in TX you can carry a loaded weapon at all times in your vehicle, as long as it is concealed from plain view. You may use this weapon to protect yourself from harmful threat, and do not need a CHL to use it.

So, those of you that have severe road rage better think twice before playing Mr. Toughguy at an intersection.
Thanks thats what I wanted to know. Mine is always locked in the glove box never taken out hopefully never.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phantomLT1
Thanks thats what I wanted to know. Mine is always locked in the glove box never taken out hopefully never.
Isn't your insurance in there? Would still be kinda nerve racking to open your glove compartment with a cop staring at your loaded handgun.. Underneath the back seats is a much better hiding place
Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
Isn't your insurance in there? Would still be kinda nerve racking to open your glove compartment with a cop staring at your loaded handgun.. Underneath the back seats is a much better hiding place
Nope insurance card is in the wallet
Old 01-02-2008, 10:50 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

If you get pulled over, it is always best to inform the officer that you have a weapon onboard. Sometimes they ask, sometimes they don't, but all of them appreciate it if you tell them right away.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

so did the camaro get hit with the bat? that alone will get your *** shot in texas
Old 01-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Launching!

so to have a CHL you have to be 21 (still waiting for that as much as buying beer) but does the new law allow people under the age of 21 to carry a loaded handgun inside a car? as long as it's hidden?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
so to have a CHL you have to be 21 (still waiting for that as much as buying beer) but does the new law allow people under the age of 21 to carry a loaded handgun inside a car? as long as it's hidden?
I'm guessing if you can't legally purchase a handgun, you probably still can't posses one
Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

And just to be sure, no weapon license of any kind is needed for a big ole shotgun in the cabin correct?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kw's01z28
so did the camaro get hit with the bat? that alone will get your *** shot in texas
The guy probably refrained from using the gun first, but when or if his car got hit with the bat first, it probably was like "oh hell no! bam bam bam!". Or he might have waited while the guy was bashing the fender, hood until he finallygot around to the driver side window and then let him have it. I dont know how many shots he got off but I would have emptied the clip to make sure he did not come back and sue me or something for not retorting with a bat as well.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
I'm guessing if you can't legally purchase a handgun, you probably still can't posses one
That's what I was thinking, it's like credit, you cant get it unless you already have it and you cant have it because you cant get it.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
That's what I was thinking, it's like credit, you cant get it unless you already have it and you cant have it because you cant get it.
haha. don't you hate that ****? that's why i'm glad my parents had really good credit so they could co-sign for my car loan.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by phantomLT1
I think according to the new law even if he did not have a CHL and proved he was threatened in his vehicle that he still could have shot his A** correct me if I am wrong. I am glad this happened maybe people will think twice before getting out of their car and acting like an A**.

I was about to say the same.. I think from the new law you do not have to have a CHL to carry your gun in the car.... ONLY The car though.
**** who would of not done the same thing..
Old 01-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Whoa that is close to where I live, I don't think I've seen that Camaro though.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
haha. don't you hate that ****? that's why i'm glad my parents had really good credit so they could co-sign for my car loan.
LMAO
Old 01-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Teching In

He tried to pull a Shan Penn/johny Drama road rage and got killed kinda sad, IMO I would of shot the guy, but I would of not STK, I would of just pulled the trigger on his arm or leg.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
He tried to pull a Shan Penn/johny Drama road rage and got killed kinda sad, IMO I would of shot the guy, but I would of not STK, I would of just pulled the trigger on his arm or leg.
Always shoot to kill. If you don't kill them they can come back and sue you or worse kill you. If you take your weapon out it's to use not to wound.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97ssmokem
Always shoot to kill. If you don't kill them they can come back and sue you or worse kill you. If you take your weapon out it's to use not to wound.
True but I would rather loose my money than sleep if the last thing I see before I STK is his eyes, plus when one STK's there is a certain mailintent feeling that you get. And when you look back on it, you could be haunted for life if you dont how to handle it. And if you are a beleiver, well that's pretty much a 1st class ticket to hell, since you maliciously wanted to kill the guy. I would only STK if I was faced with another gun, a dead or alive situation, or a family/friend getting hurt. It's not like the guy with the bat was gonna kill the guy. The Camaro guy could just drove away and rammed his car. But what ever, I say that now but faced with his situation at that moment, who knows I would probably react the same way. Still I stand by shoot to disable.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:57 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

you are not taught to shoot to injure in your CHL courses, for the reasons above. Some jackass that you merely injure could sue you and take everything you have in a civil suit, or could come back and kill you and your family while you are sleeping. Some jackass that jumps out of his car with a bat has already proven he isn't stable and makes logical decisions.

Now, you are also taught that you can use the gun to end the harassment. If he sees the gun and doesn't turn around and get out of there, then shoot him.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane