im at a loss on what to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default im at a loss on what to do

ok so i have a 96 z28 that i daily drive. i want to cam it. it has 103k on the clock. originally i didn't want to cam it before i punched it out to a 355. now that i think about it i just think i want to put a cam in it and get it tunned. what would you do. obviously being in college puts me on a budget. can anyone share there experiences. i wouldn't want more than about 375hp.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

leave it like it is and get a different car when you can afford it, thank me later
Old 01-05-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

what do you mean by that. i have a jeep on 35's that i built from the ground up. when you say get a diffrent car?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by speedracer2536
what do you mean by that. i have a jeep on 35's that i built from the ground up. when you say get a diffrent car?
hes just mad cause his cobra is slow
Old 01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait until you have the money to really mod it. Plus I don't believe ur gonna get 375 with just a cam and bolt on's you'll need to port the heads too.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

ok i should rephrase that. that is my overall goal even with building a 355. or would a good recommendation be getting the suspension of the car done and body work and what not to make the car look good and then do the motor.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Wait until you have the money to really mod it. Plus I don't believe ur gonna get 375 with just a cam and bolt on's you'll need to port the heads too.
Yep.. Especially on an LT1
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
leave it like it is and get a different car when you can afford it, thank me later
Why dont you and your mustang get off ls1tech and we will thank you now!!!!.Has anyone told you that you are a "Dick". Did your mother ever tell you "if you don't have anything nice don't say ****"? I do not think this is the answer this guy was looking for.

Yes you can get 375 fwhp with a cam and bolt-ons I recomend you call G-force motorsports in pearland.Talk to mikey he can hook you up with a cam install and a tune that should get you close to your mark.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by U LUZ
Why dont you and your mustang get off ls1tech and we will thank you now!!!!.Has anyone told you that you are a "Dick". Did your mother ever tell you "if you don't have anything nice don't say ****"? I do not think this is the answer this guy was looking for.

Yes you can get 375 fwhp with a cam and bolt-ons I recomend you call G-force motorsports in pearland.Talk to mikey he can hook you up with a cam install and a tune that should get you close to your mark.
he stated that he barely had any money....so wasting the money he has on modding his daily driver doesn't sound like a good idea when his daily driver is a 100k+ mile lt1.

"damn if i had that money on me i would be all over it. this is gonna be about a year long build. my funds are seriously drained with the purchase of an engagement ring."

"if i stayed with a stock crank. what would be a good choice for a cam. I think that i can do a little bit of port work on the stock heads."

doesn't sound like a good idea...

ULUZ...keep writing checks cause you don't know ****
Old 01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

he stated that he barely had any money....so wasting the money he has on modding his daily driver doesn't sound like a good idea when his daily driver is a 100k+ mile lt1.

"damn if i had that money on me i would be all over it. this is gonna be about a year long build. my funds are seriously drained with the purchase of an engagement ring."

"if i stayed with a stock crank. what would be a good choice for a cam. I think that i can do a little bit of port work on the stock heads."

doesn't sound like a good idea...

people on this site are dumb

you're*

like I said...this site is full of morons, have fun paying your fines for you stupidity

if it helps you sleep better at night than whatever

they are, remember....there are idiots on this forum....unless you don't have hooker headers

to say "he didn't care about the dogs"

is wrong

I bet he loved dogs more than most people on this forum

loved dogs???

HOW OLD ARE YOU???!!!!

I wish i lived in houston!! Someone needs to slap some brains into you!!

But then again I guess im not the only guy that thinks you are a dick.Is this all you do is stir up **** with everyone?

And about the check I can't cash?? ask anyone.I can cash any check you can write my friend. You sir are the idiot!!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by U LUZ

And about the check I can't cash?? ask anyone.I can cash any check you can write my friend. You sir are the idiot!!
what are you talking about?

you're trying too hard and it's not working
Old 01-05-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

what are you talking about?

you're trying too hard and it's not working

I don't know im a ******* idiot.......................
Old 01-05-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing the OP got his answer already cuz this is just gettin ridiculous