Cowboys

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008 | 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mmiller
This has got to be one of the lamest examples of Cowboys vs. Texans I've ever heard. Surely you're joking, right? The Texans have one of the worst records, if not the worst record in the NFL over the last six years of any team, and for a TEXANS fan to talk smack to about the Cowboys? Please.

Yes, the Texans are getting better, but you've go to admit that up to this point they've been a big let-down. This team should have made the playoffs by now. Think of how many embarrassing, humiliating and frustrating losses they've had over the years. To compare the Texans to the Cowboys, when the Texans have accomplished exactly ZERO over their existance is just plain laughable.
Wade Phillips, Houston Texans and me are all tied for NFL playoff wins-0
Old 01-14-2008 | 06:27 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Hey lets compare a team thats been around for 6 years to a team thats been around for decades...
My point exactly deerhunterz. To try and compare the two isn't fair or relevant. Some Texans fans for whatever reason can't get over whatever it is in their britches about the Cowboys. Hey, both teams are from Texas and if the Texans were to make the playoffs I'd be pulling for them. Hopefully next year they'll make it, and also next year hopefully Dallas can make it to another Super Bowl.
Old 01-14-2008 | 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

"GETCHA POPCORN READY COWGIRLS"
Old 01-14-2008 | 06:34 PM
On The Tree

This has got to be one of the lamest examples of Cowboys vs. Texans I've ever heard. Surely you're joking, right? The Texans have one of the worst records, if not the worst record in the NFL over the last six years of any team, and for a TEXANS fan to talk smack to about the Cowboys? Please.

Yes, the Texans are getting better, but you've go to admit that up to this point they've been a big let-down. This team should have made the playoffs by now. Think of how many embarrassing, humiliating and frustrating losses they've had over the years. To compare the Texans to the Cowboys, when the Texans have accomplished exactly ZERO over their existance is just plain laughable.

I would rather be a bad team not expected to win then a good team expected by everyone to go to the SuperBowl and lose. The Texans might have "accomplished zero in their existence" but guess what they have the same number of playoff wins as the Cryboyzzz in this time frame and that would be...can you guess, thats right the big goose egg "0". You might think it is the "lamest examples", but the number in the win column in the playoffs is still the same "0". And I don't care if the Texans have never made the playoffs so far, zero is zero in wins, in the playoffs.

Last edited by ProStreet_632; 01-14-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2008 | 06:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
I would rather be a bad team not expected to win then a good team expected by everyone to go to the SuperBowl and lose. The Texans might have "accomplished zero in their existence" but guess what they have the same number of playoff wins as the Cryboyzzz in this time frame and that would be...can you guess, thats right the big goose egg "0". You might think it is the "lamest examples", but the number in the win column in the playoffs is still the same "0". And I don't care if the Texans have never made the playoffs so far, zero is zero in the wins, in the playoffs.
Speak the truth, Brutha!!!!
Old 01-14-2008 | 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would rather be a bad team not expected to win then a good team expected by everyone to go to the SuperBowl and lose. The Texans might have "accomplished zero in their existence" but guess what they have the same number of playoff wins as the Cryboyzzz in this time frame and that would be...can you guess, thats right the big goose egg "0". You might think it is the "lamest examples", but the number in the win column in the playoffs is still the same "0". And I don't care if the Texans have never made the playoffs so far, zero is zero in wins, in the playoffs.
Excellent ProStreet.. +2
Old 01-14-2008 | 08:35 PM
Texas Director

So, let me get this straight. You'd rather your team suck and not be expected to win and not go to the playoffs than to have a good team and get in the post season tournament with a serious shot to go to the Super Bowl, only to lose? At least Dallas had the opportunity to go. Yeah they lost, but you can't go to the Super Bowl if you don't make the post season.

And you say you don't care if the Texans have never made the playoffs? Wow, you've got to be the worst example of a "fan" I think I've ever encountered. I suppose you've been conditioned to feel this way by the Texans play year after year, huh? You should just turn in your fan card right now. Unbelievable that you feel this way.

You can be selective if you want to on times, but history is history, and the Cowboys have played in many, many playoff games and have gone to EIGHT Super Bowls and have won FIVE. No team in NFL history can top that! That obviously bothers you that the Cowboys are one of the best teams in NFL history. Sounds like you hate the Cowboys more than you like your team and that's pretty pathetic. I'd love to hear your team's accomplishments...
Old 01-14-2008 | 11:44 PM
Teching In

So, let me get this straight. You'd rather your team suck and not be expected to win and not go to the playoffs than to have a good team and get in the post season tournament with a serious shot to go to the Super Bowl, only to lose? At least Dallas had the opportunity to go. Yeah they lost, but you can't go to the Super Bowl if you don't make the post season.

And you say you don't care if the Texans have never made the playoffs? Wow, you've got to be the worst example of a "fan" I think I've ever encountered. I suppose you've been conditioned to feel this way by the Texans play year after year, huh? You should just turn in your fan card right now. Unbelievable that you feel this way.

You can be selective if you want to on times, but history is history, and the Cowboys have played in many, many playoff games and have gone to EIGHT Super Bowls and have won FIVE. No team in NFL history can top that! That obviously bothers you that the Cowboys are one of the best teams in NFL history. Sounds like you hate the Cowboys more than you like your team and that's pretty pathetic. I'd love to hear your team's accomplishments...

I don't think it's the Cowboys so much as their fans. Most are either living in the past or making excuses. My dislike comes from Jerry Jones. Most people say if he was your owner, you'd love him. I just don't like the way he operates. I am a Texan Fan. My chief complaint about Houston Sports (except for the Rockets) is that they always go after "nice" guys. Our teams lack attitude. Jerrah doesn't seem to care much about character and I think the jury is still out on whether that plays as much as people think. The Texans and Astros have a roster full of "nice guys" and haven't done squat. I'd trade any or all of the O line for a Mark Tuinei or Nate Newton (type player. One guy is dead and I think the other one is doing time) Those guys were just mean, bad ****'s. Hopefully now that Charlie Disasterly is out of the picture, we can move forward. Sorry, I am rambling. In closing Astros will go farther now that they aren't full of "nice" guys and the Cowboys suck........
Old 01-15-2008 | 12:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

that makes no sense!! so your basically saying you want your team to suck? all this homo this, and jerry this!! romo is a young QB!! he still has a $hit load to learn. you can see during the game, instead of throwing the ball out of bounds, he tried to make something happen late in the game. i dont know why people rag on jerry jones!! that guy wants to win. like mark cuban!! i think that dude is a kick a$$ owner!! he stands up for his players, and he looks like he has fun being an owner. as far as all these excuses go? what excuses, they got beat fair and square at home. tough to beat a team 3 times especially in the same division. the boys this year gave alot of excitement!! something that we obviously havent had for awhile!! the way they were lighting it up all year, of course you would think that team would go far? but hey they lost!! hopefully, romo and that team get more experience and what its gonna take to win and get to the big game!! all this romo choked and blah blah blah, bro the eagles won the nfc east 4 years straight and didnt win the big one!! mcnabb friggin threw up in the superbowl..LOL!! look how many times peyton got beat in the playoffs till he finally won it, and beat the team thats owned him!!

but hey gotta root for L.T.!! nobody in the playoffs deserves it more than that dude!!
Old 01-15-2008 | 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

*choked*
Old 01-15-2008 | 07:41 AM
TECH Regular

All I hear from you is NFL History.... yea, thats great. Awesome, HISTORY, also known as the PAST. We can speak all day about how great a team WAS, and I will give you that the Cowboys have had some great teams in the PAST. Yes, the Cowboys used to have some great teams, but lets not dwell on the past, lets look at the current (you probably wont want to do that though, its not a good one for the Cowboys). Dynasties are usually measured in decades... so lets look at the last decade. In the last decade, the Cowboys have accomplished the same thing that the Oilers/Texans have -0- (I can already see the "At least the Cowboys made the playoffs" argument, but it really doesnt count if you dont WIN one, does it? I mean, who plays football to just make it to the playoffs and not the Super Bowl?).

So please, please keep telling us inferior Texans fans how great the Cowboys USED to be (I know, they played pretty good this year).

BTW-the Steelers and 49ers also have 5 rings.....

Last edited by DSIM; 01-15-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-15-2008 | 07:58 AM
On The Tree

I guess you can't really read between the lines can you. I never said that I didn't want the Texans to win, I stated they haven't won yet so far. If your not expected to win, it is easier to win, when you are expected to win all the pressure is on you to and it makes it more difficult. As far as being a fan, im a big fan of alot of sports, im just not a fan of the "Cryboyzzz", thats my opinion, if you don't like it to f---in bad. And what is it you told me yesterday in a PM when I asked you why you changed the title of my thread, "go find something constructive to do today, or something like that" well why don't you do the same, you are nothing but a power trip looking to pull the cord on here. And I still think going in and changing my title was a bunch of crap because you didn't like it. Your the one that needs to grow up not me.
Old 01-15-2008 | 08:20 AM
Texas Director

I would rather be a bad team...
Your words, not mine bud.^

If you want your team to be bad that would mean that you want them to lose, right? Like I told you in my PM yesterday, your obvious intent of starting this thread was to incite an argument, which is all you're doing with your Cowboys bashing comments. And yeah, I damn sure did change the thread title because it was inflammatory. Deal with it pal. You don't rule the roost on here.

Do you ever think about saying anything complimentary, or are you such a classless smartass that that's just not in you? You couldn't hold an unbiased, intelligent conversation about anything related to the Cowboys if you tried due to your envy of them, lol. Now, why don't you go along and play somewhere else where someone gives a damn about your sophmoric, knuckle dragging opinions?
Old 01-15-2008 | 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Your words, not mine bud.^

If you want your team to be bad that would mean that you want them to lose, right? Like I told you in my PM yesterday, your obvious intent of starting this thread was to incite an argument, which is all you're doing with your Cowboys bashing comments. And yeah, I damn sure did change the thread title because it was inflammatory. Deal with it pal. You don't rule the roost on here.

Do you ever think about saying anything complimentary, or are you such a classless smartass that that's just not in you? You couldn't hold an unbiased, intelligent conversation about anything related to the Cowboys if you tried due to your envy of them, lol. Now, why don't you go along and play somewhere else where someone gives a damn about your sophmoric, knuckle dragging opinions?

I have a few words for you, but since im a classless smartass I will keep them to my self. I dont see how the title of "Cryboyzzz" was inflammatory, oh wait because you said so, I forget you are the King of Kings on here. Dude, moderator or not you have some problems
Old 01-15-2008 | 08:54 AM
Texas Director

Yeah, you're right I do have problems. Problems with you and a few others who can't keep things at an adult level and want to do nothing on here but stir up crap on here. It's my job as a mod on here to monitor and deal with people like you and to try and keep things above board. Honestly I'd rather not have to deal with issues like this. You have two choices. 1) you can act like a mature person and post something intelligent and constructive or 2) you can choose to not post on here at all. Your choice man.
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

Im thinking this thread has run its course......