my debit card may have been compromised

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bank of america sucks dick. ridiculous fees and when you deposit cash they say its "instant", instant my ***. You get a negative balance, deposit the cash a couple hours later, the fund shouldnt clear before the cash deposit because its "instant" but somehow the funds magically clear once you deposit the cash and they say, oh the funds cleared before your cash did. Total Bullshit.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

I don't know if it's good or bad that no one has mentioned my bank...
Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 AM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike96z
oh the funds cleared before your cash did. Total Bullshit.
That's pretty strange, every bank I have ever banked with just does all the transactions at the end of the day, all the deposits get tallied first, then the withdrawals get subtracted, so as long as you make a deposit to cover your transaction that business day, you are in the clear. Sounds to me like BoA is playing the fees game. I've noticed some of the snail spam mail CC apps. I've been getting they have a low APR to get you in & if you are a day late on just one payment it shoots up to like 29% APR or some crazy ****. I guess there are a lot of people that don't read the fine print before getting these cards.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Ive got Chase for personal and no complaints, they even let some stuff go through when they shouldnt! But ive got Compass for my business and hate them with a passion! They love putting 11 day holds on checks I deposit, then they say "I'll see if I can clear it earlier" and nothing ever happens. POS

I was North Carolina for business about 6 mos ago and the Motel 6 I stayed at, the night clerk copied my CC number and while I was sleeping he was on Ebay and Western Union trying to send himself money. USBank stopped it and froze the card. I called the cops the next day and seemed this worthless PoS had done it a few times. Needless to say I DO NOT stay at 'HO'tel 6 ne more!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323712,00.html
Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kw's01z28
ha it would be cool if they fucked it by putting more money into your checking account
well, until they catch it and you have spent it all, then you owe them all the money you spent... LOL
they did this to me compass as a matter of a fact...
One day I look into the account and there is about 2 thousand more dollars then was deposited...
LOL

They had some kind of mix up.. I didnt touch it, which was good since 2 days later they called me explaining what they did..
I acted like I hadnt seen it in there.. LOL
Cuz I was waiting a few months to see if it was caught... And it was..