Does anyone know if the comal county river rules have been changed back ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does anyone know if the comal county river rules have been changed back ??

I know its still a few months till its river time... but does anyone know if the rules have been changed back to old? or are they still the same? worse comes to worse I'll just stay on the san marcos river... but its nice going to the comal sometimes. that river used to get MF crazy.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Not sure... I was down there at a wakeboard tourn last summer and we floated the comal and it was insane.. There was cops all over there.. Never been to the san marcos river how is that?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

The comal used to be the ****. Im lucky they werent strict when I was underage, bc those were some of my best times there. Hopefully they change the rules back and get a little less strict. I know the toobing business this past summer there sucked. I understand schlitterbahn/families want it to be toned down a little, but come on.

And I've had some good times at the SM river... Mostly texas state students. So no families or anything to worry about. Which is good if you're into drinking/partying which most are. Lots of places to post up and chill/drink. This guy "don" owns the land that you get out at and charges $5 to get out(but you can sometimes get away without paying), it sucks paying 5 everytime if you go often , he should sell a season pass . The water is mostly calm here by his land,so people just kind of chill/drink there until they're ready to go home. but overall here... theres no rules. I've seen cops there only a couple times, and they were only at the beginning of the river. Only one time did the cops ask for IDs, there were about 75 people waiting to get in the river/drinking. everyone shook their heads and siad they didnt have their ID. the cop said "well uh... bring your ID next time"
Old 01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Nope still the same. Bastards. Last time I floated the Comal there were three boats on the river and 5 checkpoints, and LOTS of underaged kids pouring out beer The guadalupe isnt as bad for cops but they have strict rules too, they are taking all the fun out of getting hammered and sun burned on the river
Old 01-18-2008, 02:28 AM
Launching!

But the beauty of it all is that on the Guadalupe the rules only apply inside the city limits. That means that you have from Canyon Lake all the way down to Gruene to drink and party it up. At least that is what the rules were last year. I haven't heard of any new laws for this year. This year ought to be pretty good. Right now they are flowing out 200 cfs, which is just a little shy of perfect tubing IMO. With a little bit of rain this spring conditions should be just right by April or May. I can't wait!!!