just breaks all 4 $99 wtf??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My parents (I'm older than most of you so don't laugh) and I own and run a private shop off 1488 and I see some really dumb people on both sides. Like when you stop what you're doing for some dipshit to ask how much to do his front brakes and you know to do it right with good parts it'll cost him about $350. So he gets all high and mighty like your a thief and tells you he can goto Just Brakes and get it for $99. I don't even try to straiten them out, just say "Yeah, your right. Go see them and save your money. Come back when you're ready for me to fix what they screw up, but it'll cost you more then. They think I'm nuts and I turn around and go back to work.

Guys if you need a mechanic find a privately owned shop with the mans name on the sign (not some hide behind it chain brand) and ask people at the REAL parts stores nearby about them. If you do your homework chances are you'll get what you pay for.

Some mechanics are very itelligent and competent, they do the job right with costly shop, tools, equipment, parts, training, and know how. For that you have to pay a fair price. For the ones who aren't any of the above you have to pay more lol because they have to advertise and that costs big bucks.

Vernon
Old 01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Launching!

firestone screwed me over, before i wa knowledgable about things i get mad every time i think about it
Old 01-22-2008, 10:15 PM
ZRO
Staging Lane

My cousin had a v-6 camaro way back in the day and he took it there because he also heard the all four for x amount dollars ****. He ended up paying alittle over 500 dollars.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Teching In

this is when it pays to be Hispanic I have a personal Mech, who does all the tune up, brakes and oil change for beer money all I have to do is buy the materials....lol, Hispanic Hookups are the ****
Old 01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Ohh and he does it on my driveway..lol, just the base mech **** but it beats spending hours of dys or leaving It at a some shop
Old 01-22-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Places like that give the god shops a bad name. When i worked at good year we told you what was REALLY wrong and what needed to be replaced but wasnt gonna kill you if you drove it like that. If you wanted something done we either didn't think would fix your problem or wasnt needed we let you know as well.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah when i was a service advisor at suzuki alot of people would ask how much it was to do brakes and ****, told them about 450ish, they'd raise hell and all and say exactly what you said about just brakes. i did the same "yeah you should go there, sounds like a better deal for you" i didnt care anymore, no point in trying to explain it to them, they already have their mind set they were getting it done at just brakes. it's always awsome seeing them again next week getting an appointment for a brake job

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
My parents (I'm older than most of you so don't laugh) and I own and run a private shop off 1488 and I see some really dumb people on both sides. Like when you stop what you're doing for some dipshit to ask how much to do his front brakes and you know to do it right with good parts it'll cost him about $350. So he gets all high and mighty like your a thief and tells you he can goto Just Brakes and get it for $99. I don't even try to straiten them out, just say "Yeah, your right. Go see them and save your money. Come back when you're ready for me to fix what they screw up, but it'll cost you more then. They think I'm nuts and I turn around and go back to work.

Guys if you need a mechanic find a privately owned shop with the mans name on the sign (not some hide behind it chain brand) and ask people at the REAL parts stores nearby about them. If you do your homework chances are you'll get what you pay for.

Some mechanics are very itelligent and competent, they do the job right with costly shop, tools, equipment, parts, training, and know how. For that you have to pay a fair price. For the ones who aren't any of the above you have to pay more lol because they have to advertise and that costs big bucks.

Vernon