Whats There To Do In Deer Park, Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmiller
It's kind of a poor man's Benihama. It's OK. Not much for atmosphere IMO. As far as Kemah goes, it depends what your group is in the mood for. Landry's for pretty good seafood, Joe's Crab Shack for a variety of seafood dishes, drinks and a loud atmosphere, the Aquarium for over priced, fair seafood, the Flying Dutchman for middle of the road seafood, Cadillac Bar for decent Mexican Food, Salt Grass for decent steaks. That's all I can think of as far as restaurants. There is the new, huge roller coaster and amusement park and shops also. I would definitely vote Kemah, but it depends on what your group is in the mood for. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks for all that info bro. It also depends on how the weather is gonna be whenever I go. I think there is like a 50% chance of rain next Saturday when I'm supposed to go
Old 02-15-2008, 07:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
Thanks for all that info bro. It also depends on how the weather is gonna be whenever I go. I think there is like a 50% chance of rain next Saturday when I'm supposed to go
yeah it ain't looking good for you tomorrow.. Sorry dude..
but if you do goto kemah.. Usually 2-4PM is a good time to get down there..
any later, and it's a mad house
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
yeah it ain't looking good for you tomorrow.. Sorry dude..
but if you do goto kemah.. Usually 2-4PM is a good time to get down there..
any later, and it's a mad house
I'm going next Saturday. I'm sure I'll see you around La Porte. My friend said that's where his apartment is at.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elkyman72
that was me. Those rims where stock SS El Camino and Chevelle wheels, I later switched to old creagers. I never ran that thing ... honestly it was slow as **** my stepdad helped me build it and he tuned its nuts off. I was maybe pushing 250 horses. I put 45000 on the car after i built it so now it sits under **** in my garage. What were yall driving?
This:
Old 02-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Teching In

I know sometimes when I'm bored i'll cruise down fairmont and go through DP. I've found a few semi-almost-kind-of-"races" there, nothing serious, just messing with 'my little ponies' for a sprint or two, or the growing number of trucks that seem to be 'souped up'.

Anyhoo..

Anybody know of anything going on today? Weather permitting, of course?

I hope Kemah holds up tonight! I missed it last week *tear*.

Oh and Gunshot, if you move out this way we all have got to plan something! Maybe that hooter's meet that's been mentioned or something!

It'd be really nice if we could get a decent Southside meet going. Why isn't there one? I know we all meet @ AMC sometimes for a bit before cruising to other meets, but why don't we ever have just an S.S. meet? Are the cops too freaked out on this side of town? Sorry if this question has been asked/answered a lot; I was just wondering why and it's a new issue to me (since i'm still new to the scene out here in Tx).

Frick..and I'm sorry I kind of semi- your thread!

Last edited by MissTransAm; 02-16-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

i am down with the hooters gtg,just moved back to the s.s again,need to get something going out here
Old 02-16-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

I've always wondered why the ss has been so dead. It seems like we have plenty of people. Like you guys mentioned, maybe with the hooters beer and ***** more people will be interested in getting together.

And silver, do you drive your car often around town? I'm not sure I've seen/heard it.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Ohhhh wonder how if there is anyone posting who I went to high school with? LOL

There is nothing to do in Deer Park besides get pulled over. No races No one ever wants to race me around here
Old 02-16-2008, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

never see ur car around here,seen u blue ws6 today
Old 02-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by neodamonkey
Ohhhh wonder how if there is anyone posting who I went to high school with? LOL

There is nothing to do in Deer Park besides get pulled over. No races No one ever wants to race me around here
Hey! Were you coming off the beltway feeder and onto Fairmont this afternoon? Around lke.. 2 ish? I saw and heard a loud pewter or maybe silver Trans Am with dark wheels and i believe a CETA bumper scheme whipping around onto Fairmont. Unfortunately, traffic was gay and I was unable to catch up. They were headed toward Deer Park/Laport, i'm guessing.

If that was you, good lawd your car is loud! lol Sounded good
Old 02-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MissTransAm
Hey! Were you coming off the beltway feeder and onto Fairmont this afternoon? Around lke.. 2 ish? I saw and heard a loud pewter or maybe silver Trans Am with dark wheels and i believe a CETA bumper scheme whipping around onto Fairmont. Unfortunately, traffic was gay and I was unable to catch up. They were headed toward Deer Park/Laport, i'm guessing.

If that was you, good lawd your car is loud! lol Sounded good
No that was not me, it was however my old car

I miss silver
Old 02-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Teching In

No that was not me, it was however my old car

I miss silver
Oh wow! Small world!

Maybe i'll see your pewter out sometime instead! I'm always on Fairmont; I live off that road and everything I need and every place I want to go to is out there. Plus I tend to find mustangs out there on occasion to beat up on
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Teching In

On a side note...

anybody going to Kemah tonight?

Or no?

I'm deciding whether or not to. I don't know if it's worth the drive, if none of my LS1Tech peeps aren't going to be there!!

EDIT:

I just stepped outside. Rain.

Lol. Nevermind the Kemah-ing..unless Kemah has become enshrouded with a bubble to protect it from the rain!

Last edited by MissTransAm; 02-16-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah my car is staying in the garage tonight.. Swanging the Green Hornet
Old 02-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Nope Pewter one is being sold hopefully next week ( I never drove that one I didnt care for the color) But.... I picked up a new silver one. This one will have the ceta but I think I will have some chrome wheels on my current HP evos or C6 wheels that it came with. If you want to play a little while I am in that I'm all game

Lauren
Old 02-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Nope Pewter one is being sold hopefully next week ( I never drove that one I didnt care for the color) But.... I picked up a new silver one. This one will have the ceta but I think I will have some chrome wheels on my current HP evos or C6 wheels that it came with. If you want to play a little while I am in that I'm all game

Lauren
Haha. Sounds good! What color are the C6 wheels? If you end up putting the HPE's on in lieu of the C6s and want to sell, let me know! I'm in the market for C5 or C6 wheels. I'm tired of wearing my hubby's chrome firehawk wheels, and I'm sure he'd love his wheels back lol!

Old 02-16-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SILVER SS 00
never see ur car around here,seen u blue ws6 today

We're bound to cross paths. I'm always out running errands around dp, lp. We might even get lucky enough to have alittle fun.

LawHorn, it's been awhile. Hope the car is still running good, haven't seen it lately.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MissTransAm
Haha. Sounds good! What color are the C6 wheels? If you end up putting the HPE's on in lieu of the C6s and want to sell, let me know! I'm in the market for C5 or C6 wheels. I'm tired of wearing my hubby's chrome firehawk wheels, and I'm sure he'd love his wheels back lol!

Awsome I really think that i am going to sell them so pm me with your info. I just got the new car and the wheels are practically new with new tires on them. Selling them local would be a dream

Oh yeah they are chrome

Last edited by neodamonkey; 02-16-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I need to start driving my car around again. Working everyday sucks!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR
We're bound to cross paths. I'm always out running errands around dp, lp. We might even get lucky enough to have alittle fun.

LawHorn, it's been awhile. Hope the car is still running good, haven't seen it lately.
I've seen yours around before.. looks, and sounds good..
you live over by the airport???close to sens road??

Quick Reply: Whats There To Do In Deer Park, Texas?