Window Tint.. Hard To Install???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tint.. Hard To Install???

So this weekend I wanna try and tint my own windows. I know it sounds crazy, but it doesn't look too hard. I have the driver and passenger windows out of my 2000 T/A so I figure it shouldn't be too hard with them out. As of now, my windows have no tint on them and are clean. I wanna try and go with atleast 20%. Has anyone ever tried this before? I have NO EXPERIENCE doing this kind of stuff. I figure I have nothing to lose. Why not give it a shot? Let me know if you have any adivce or something..
Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

ive done it to like 4 of my vehicles and it wasn't to bad, its way easier if ya got a heat blower kinda looks like a blow dryer but blows hot as ****... im in the katy area if ya need any help...

$ZEKE$
Old 02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Oh And And Its Way Easier On Fbodys Cuz The Windows Dont Go Into No No Frame Like Other Vehicles.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Theres a place in Beeville. Bee auto specialty they have tinted every vehicle I've ever owned for the last fifteen years. Great work reasonable prices give them a shout and ask for henry, he's the owner. Don't waste your time for the price of tint you can have it professionally done for about the same price.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Theres a place in Beeville. Bee auto specialty they have tinted every vehicle I've ever owned for the last fifteen years. Great work reasonable prices give them a shout and ask for henry, he's the owner. Don't waste your time for the price of tint you can have it professionally done for about the same price.
Yeah. They said like $80 for both of my windows. My hatch glass is already tinted. They won't go darker then 35% and I wanted to go with 20%. That's why I wanted to try and do it on my own.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by no_more_z28
ive done it to like 4 of my vehicles and it wasn't to bad, its way easier if ya got a heat blower kinda looks like a blow dryer but blows hot as ****... im in the katy area if ya need any help...

$ZEKE$

Yeah we have one of them heat blower things at work. Used it a couple of times to heat and take off decals on vehicles. What would I need to use that for?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by no_more_z28
Oh And And Its Way Easier On Fbodys Cuz The Windows Dont Go Into No No Frame Like Other Vehicles.
I agree about that. It's a pain to tint a window with a top frame. Make sure you do it in a garage to prevent crap flying on your tint and it also prevents the wind from messing you up. And make sure you get some good quality tint which means more $$.

There's window tint that tends to feel rubbery and a little thick...stay away from it. It's cheap, but it's crap. I learned that my 1st time tinting. Good luck. It's not hard, just gotta prep up everything before getting into it.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned

be patient with it and use plenty of soapy water...you should be good if u have patience. I just dont have it and would rather pay 100$ for the entire car LOL
Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
be patient with it and use plenty of soapy water...you should be good if u have patience. I just dont have it and would rather pay 100$ for the entire car LOL
Haha.. I know what you mean. I would rather have someone else do it professionally but I need it done quick! i'm going up to Deer Park next weekend and I don't wanna make the trip without tint, lol. I hate not having tint on my windows! I can't go anytime during the week because I work 8-5 Monday-Friday. Guess I'm screwed...

Quick Reply: Window Tint.. Hard To Install???