wanna make money

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for it!

Last edited by Dirty 30; 02-22-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lionelc-5
Why dont you give construction work a try? I started out traveling all over the country and it was alot of fun, but now that I am married and have kids I dont travel any more. I am not going to go into my income on here, but my weekly is more than the monthly you listed.
You work in contruction? I'm going to school for construction management. Good to hear there is some money to be made. What do you do if you dont me asking? please pm if you dont want it posted
Thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drew04GTO
Yeah... because the market is doing soooo well right now.

LOL, are you involved in real estate in any way? I have the feeling your not.

It can be a great time to get into real estate now. There are tons of ways to make $ in real estate, its a good time for some and not for others.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I find it funny that some of you say well if I made that much I would not have any problems living. Whats funny is the more money the less you have. I take home $5200.00 a month and I do nothing but pay bills. My main reason is supporting of my soon to be wife while she was going to school and buying crap I did not need. But you live and you learn and she got out of school and is making good money now. So I hope by next year I will have only a house note and misc bills.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TX_SS
what would be the fastest/easiest way to make some money..

i hate my job and making 4-5g a month aint cutting it..

what do you guys do? and how can i get started??
i used to work 55+ hours a week 6 days - salary - took an hourly job for 5 days 55 or so hours a week- just for extra day off then took step down to 40 hour 5 day week- wow what a difference! i can actually do stuff after work - pay stayed the same 35-40k - dont see much change in that, so i do differental work in spare time or go junkyarding for extra cash , I dont miss the retail world , im not getting rich but at least im not working so many hours. Maybe you can get into corporate office in same buisness? and keep pay up ?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zman1969
i used to work 55+ hours a week 6 days - salary - took an hourly job for 5 days 55 or so hours a week- just for extra day off then took step down to 40 hour 5 day week- wow what a difference! i can actually do stuff after work - pay stayed the same 35-40k - dont see much change in that, so i do differental work in spare time or go junkyarding for extra cash , I dont miss the retail world , im not getting rich but at least im not working so many hours. Maybe you can get into corporate office in same buisness? and keep pay up ?
you must know how i feel... damn workin 51 + hours a week = NO LIFE.

im lookin for a new job.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jinbeh (lewisville) i go there a lot, its goooooooood!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

i wish i can work for the government or something.. heard benefits pretty good.
I've been in the Navy for 9 years now. Just made E6 and I'm getting paid around $6K per month. I receive full medical for me and my family which is priceless. I'll retire in 11 more years (age 38) and receive half pay each month and full medical for the rest of my life. I can't complain about what the Navy has given to me, it has its ups and downs just like any other job. Also I know there are a few anti military rebels here on this site, but the military is everything you make it to be. I have never set foot in the desert (Iraq), although I would go if called upon. As long as you like what your doing, the money is second nature.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:16 PM
10-Second Club

Wish I'd went Active Navy back when I went to the Army Reserves....I'd be about ready to retire myself.

I used to work 55-60 hours a week myself....had another job where I worked 60-70 hours on certain projects, but I was contract, no taxes taken out....I raked in some bank & didn't mind....but after a while, you realize, you work to live, and if you are working all the damn time, you can't live....life will pass you by if you don't MAKE time for yourself.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

im 24 years old..
If you are in good shape and are willing to commit to going to fire academy then i would strongly suggest it. The benefits are amazing. I am almost certain that you work a 24 hour shift and then have off 2 days but if i am wrong someone correct me on that.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by irbs
If you are in good shape and are willing to commit to going to fire academy then i would strongly suggest it. The benefits are amazing. I am almost certain that you work a 24 hour shift and then have off 2 days but if i am wrong someone correct me on that.
ya im a firefighter and love it! and the best part is i only work 2 days a week, 24 on 48 off. so you can still do something on the side, im bout to start my own buss. but the MOST important thing is to like what you do, cause if you dont you will never be happy!!!!! but it is very hard to get a job, low demand and a ton of people! but its very secure once you get on. and im 23 and can retire when im 38, but prol wont till im 43 atleast
Old 02-21-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

If I were to do it all over again i would probably be a car mechanic. You can earn what you want if you work hard enough.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't say much about feeling sorry for you being tired, I have worked one single job @ about 74 hours a week and I have worked 2 full time jobs and did 12 units of college online at one point in my life. Thank god I'm past all that, but 51 hours a week? That's not enough to be exhausted no matter what it is (in civilian work).

Money--- try buying gift cards for cheap then selling them on ebay. Buy clothes from Nordstrom on craigslist and return them for cash... this is all stuff I did when I was 15 and made a couple grand a month just doing that lol...

Make a video game character and sell it--- I did that when I was a kid and made close to 10 grand off my 3 year little video game jont from 12-15 =p
Old 02-21-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by aggiez28
LOL, are you involved in real estate in any way? I have the feeling your not.

It can be a great time to get into real estate now. There are tons of ways to make $ in real estate, its a good time for some and not for others.
No **** huh........I just wrote 2 deals today and one for a 300k+ house and I gave the realtor a $10,000 bonus. ..........I bet her life sucks right now. **** I wish I could make 20 grand on 1 deal. So all the people who like to listen to everything the news stations tell you need to read some actual FACTS. Houston has one of the best home buyer markets in the US right now.

Dude paid cash for it too ha.....AND he got a smokin deal...
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

And to the person who started the thread............I know exactly how you feel. I was a server/bartender for seven years also. Yeah it was good money to get by on,but somehow it just keeps on sucking you in. Finally one day I almost got fired and sent home. I was soo mad because they sent me home for some stupid STUPID **** and I was cursing my job and my life.......and then right there coming out of the parking lot it hit me. I was gonna do something about it and I wasnt just gonna say it this time.........Changed my life I swear. It was like a bright *** light that went on in my head. Went home typed up my resignation letter ( I was a freaking bartender lol) and re did my resume. Next day I gave it to my boss. I think my last 2 weeks were the happiest I had ever been. Almost 6 months later and ALOT of preseverance I am where I am today....... out of that business and doing something I love (and it just happens to make really Really good money) Theres alot more to the story that that but thats the jist of it.

Bottom line is if your not going to make what your doing a career and your not happy get out. Save some money and get out. Do something you love to do. Because if you do something your happy doing everything else will follow. My g/f actually gave me that advise and boy she was right. BTW shes only 20 years old. Just goes to show you its never to early or too late to be sucessful.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 306 That Could
And to the person who started the thread............I know exactly how you feel. I was a server/bartender for seven years also. Yeah it was good money to get by on,but somehow it just keeps on sucking you in. Finally one day I almost got fired and sent home. I was soo mad because they sent me home for some stupid STUPID **** and I was cursing my job and my life.......and then right there coming out of the parking lot it hit me. I was gonna do something about it and I wasnt just gonna say it this time.........Changed my life I swear. It was like a bright *** light that went on in my head. Went home typed up my resignation letter ( I was a freaking bartender lol) and re did my resume. Next day I gave it to my boss. I think my last 2 weeks were the happiest I had ever been. Almost 6 months later and ALOT of preseverance I am where I am today....... out of that business and doing something I love (and it just happens to make really Really good money) Theres alot more to the story that that but thats the jist of it.

Bottom line is if your not going to make what your doing a career and your not happy get out. Save some money and get out. Do something you love to do. Because if you do something your happy doing everything else will follow. My g/f actually gave me that advise and boy she was right. BTW shes only 20 years old. Just goes to show you its never to early or too late to be sucessful.
some good words there Nick. you should watch the pursuit of happiness
im figuring out what i want to really do from here on out.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TX_Stang4lunch
not a great time to get your real estate liscense , i wouldnt think. ???
I agree, I know of a title co that has shut down six offices.
**** is about to hit the fan, when recession comes.
That's why I stopped construction and went back to the food industry.
Good money, close to home, benefits.
I would say try to find a car sales consultant training co, and learn that trade I have a friend who does that and he makes a ton of money. That's what I'm waiting on. Is for him to call me.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Launching!

you must know how i feel... damn workin 51 + hours a week = NO LIFE.

im lookin for a new job.
117 hours a week = dead life. I'd be glad to work 234 hrs (I know, no such hours in a week) for $5k a month!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:05 AM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by 99SSinOC
I can't say much about feeling sorry for you being tired, I have worked one single job @ about 74 hours a week and I have worked 2 full time jobs and did 12 units of college online at one point in my life. Thank god I'm past all that, but 51 hours a week? That's not enough to be exhausted no matter what it is (in civilian work).

Money--- try buying gift cards for cheap then selling them on ebay. Buy clothes from Nordstrom on craigslist and return them for cash... this is all stuff I did when I was 15 and made a couple grand a month just doing that lol...

Make a video game character and sell it--- I did that when I was a kid and made close to 10 grand off my 3 year little video game jont from 12-15 =p
I don't believe a word you just wrote, so here's to you Mr. One Up Story Teller. "Real men of genius".
Old 02-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SMcMahon
I agree, I know of a title co that has shut down six offices.
**** is about to hit the fan, when recession comes.
That's why I stopped construction and went back to the food industry.
Good money, close to home, benefits.
I would say try to find a car sales consultant training co, and learn that trade I have a friend who does that and he makes a ton of money. That's what I'm waiting on. Is for him to call me.
Some of you are looking at this all backward. You can make all kinds of money in real estate even though the market is "down". There are tons of buyers right now, tons of renters, tons of investors. A lot of people are being forced to sell, yea the owner is not going to make what he wants but the agent still gets paid.