Boyd Coddington passed away this morning...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He was an ******* in person.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

and on tv
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

terrible to hear....rip
Old 02-27-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

damn that sucks..... im sure his business will still do great though
Old 02-27-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

RIP boyd
Old 02-27-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gun5
damn that sucks..... im sure his business will still do great though

lol no i think he left it in debt, that's what my friend is saying i dont know where his source is though
Old 02-27-2008, 08:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
I don't agree. He may have been a cut throat buisness man but, thats it. He is one of the most infuential people in the "hot-rod" industry. We should all keep our negative comments to our self, and let the man rest in peace.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a damn shame!!

99 FRC
Old 02-27-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

My foreman met hm at bww a few years back, he was a standup guy. Keep you negative comments off this thread. Be respectful please.
Originally Posted by reject
and on tv
Was for a scripted show. Boyd was a badass. You watched the show didnt you?
Originally Posted by GoldRust
I don't agree. He may have been a cut throat buisness man but, thats it. He is one of the most infuential people in the "hot-rod" industry. We should all keep our negative comments to our self, and let the man rest in peace.
His legacy will go on forever. I have his wheels on my car as do many others. Rip one of the greatest hot rod designers ever.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tribute video on WWW.YOUTUBE.COM[ type in his name. ]
Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Did you ever met him in person? I did and he was *******, I don't give a damn who he was or what he did for the industry, still an *******.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Did you ever met him in person? I did and he was *******, I don't give a damn who he was or what he did for the industry, still an *******.
Be respectful. Sometimes people just need to keep their comments to theirself. This is the case.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He will be remembered by how he lived. A great influence in the rodding community but as a person he was a *****.
From what I saw on his tv show and heard how hes acted at car shows, he had lost interest in pushing the edge of rodding and was just after the $, continued fame and the love of bitching.
Argue all you want on this, but i'm not the only one that feels that way.

RIP Boyd.

Last edited by -Freak-; 02-28-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:55 AM
10-Second Club

Corrected:

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Be respectful. Sometimes people just need to keep their comments to theirself. This is the case.
Dude, if the guy met him in person, he has a right to his opinion. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean he should be banned. You sound like a damn liberal. Anytime someone tries to shut you up I bet you whine about free speech, then when someone else says things you don't like you cry racism or 'be respectful', or something else to try to suppress THEIR freedom of speech.

If you want to be remembered as a good or nice person when you die, you have to be good or nice before you die, that simple, he was a grouchy guy that appeared to be an arrogant ***** to some folks, those folks aren't going to forget how he was to them. Did he contribute to the hot rod scene? Hell yeah, but that doesn't make him a saint.

Jesse James helped bring in the long chopper craze, that doesn't make him a saint either....they are all just men with their flaws, like any of the rest of us.

Again, I feel for his families loss, but there is no need to make him appear to be more than what he was....a great hot rodder & innovator.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Modsquad
Corrected:

Dude, if the guy met him in person, he has a right to his opinion. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean he should be banned. You sound like a damn liberal. Anytime someone tries to shut you up I bet you whine about free speech, then when someone else says things you don't like you cry racism or 'be respectful', or something else to try to suppress THEIR freedom of speech.

If you want to be remembered as a good or nice person when you die, you have to be good or nice before you die, that simple, he was a grouchy guy that appeared to be an arrogant ***** to some folks, those folks aren't going to forget how he was to them. Did he contribute to the hot rod scene? Hell yeah, but that doesn't make him a saint.

Jesse James helped bring in the long chopper craze, that doesn't make him a saint either....they are all just men with their flaws, like any of the rest of us.

Again, I feel for his families loss, but there is no need to make him appear to be more than what he was....a great hot rodder & innovator.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Never said that he couldn't have his. But keep those comments off this thread. Be respectful. Quit making assumptions that I am a liberal. You dont know me and never will. You need to take 2 steps back from the keyboard and look at what you are saying about someone you dont even know, me. If a loved one of yours died and everyone got on here saying he was a dick, a bad man, or something of that nature then you would be upset. This is all I am saying. Please dont call me a liberal, racist or anything else of that nature. Maybe you need to find Jesus in your life. God bless, Josh
Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 AM
10-Second Club

LOL, this is a discussion forum where people express their opinions, this isn't a memorial site for Boyd. I feel for his families loss, but what you are failing to see, we are entitled to express our opinions no matter if you find them respectful or not so long as people follow the guidelines & rules of the forums. It's not like we are at his funeral service bad mouthing him. We are just giving our honest thoughts about him....I respect honesty, not censorship.

Nice way to end the comment with some Jesus, btw.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Its cool man. I just dont believe in talking badly about people after they have left this world. To each his own. I dont believe in censorship either. No sweat here. Josh
Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow at only 63
Old 02-28-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Condolences to all involved. However, after being in a family business and watching the money come and go and get tied up in various projects that have to be moved to refill the company account I know where he was coming from most of the time.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cam72aro

And just who the **** are you? STFU