ABS inop, Brake light, traction control off. Need some one to check codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008 | 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS inop, Brake light, traction control off. Need some one to check codes

My abs inop , Brake light and traction control off lights keep coming on. I had a bad axle bearing and I thought that might have been causing it. I fixed the axle bearing but the light s are still coming on. I need some one in the Houston area to check the codes for me. I have a vici/crane tuner but it wont pull codes for the brake system. I am on the north side of Houston.
Old 03-11-2008 | 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Dude, you can run to any Autozone and they will check your codes for free. But honestly, I would just drop a lil cash on an OBDII reader b/c you will probably need it again at some point, anyway. Good tool to have!

BTW: Probably something with your reluctor ring or sensor on the wheel... Visually inspect your connections.
Old 03-11-2008 | 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

do this, for the ABS Inop, there is a couple of plugs in front of the rearend on the body, youll have to jack the car up to get under there, check and see if they are plugged in, had one come out on me before and caused my ABS to stop working.
Old 03-11-2008 | 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Will the obd 11 pull the codes for the brake system? some one told me it required a special tool. I took the car to autozone a while back before I had my crane tuner and had them check the codes on it because I had a service engine light but it didn't show any thing for the brakes it only had a code for the 02 sensor I changed. The light come on and then they will go off after you turn off the ignition switch. They don't always come on when you drive it. They just come on kind of frequent. They will come on some times while the car is sitting in traffic and not even rolling.
Old 03-11-2008 | 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Alot of OBDII scanners do have the ability to read transmission and brake codes; however, not ALL do.
Your fault code is intermittant.
You have some kind of electrical fault(connector, wiring, sensor, short, ect...), shouldnt be anything mechanical. I feel pretty safe in saying that!
Old 03-11-2008 | 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Believe it or not i had the same problem for about 6 months. turns out it was the abs fuse. it was a 69 cent fix. check that fuse out and see if its bad