I got stung by a bee earlier... is my ankle ok??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yellow fever
Old 05-03-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Its still swollen and still hurts, but its not too bad. Im not worrying about it anymore. Today some bee flew right in my face, scared the **** out of me. ******* bees
Old 05-03-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you had an anaphlactic reaction from the sting you would have been sick within minutes of the sting. You should be ok, nothing to worry about unless it doesnt get better in a few days.

BTW, I absolutely love your car and those rims. I almost bought those for my car a few years back but went another direction. Every time I see your car I wish I would have...
Old 05-03-2008, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

agreed anaphalaxis occurs almost immediately, the swelling and pain is from the poison that the bee injected into the tissue it can take time for that to heal and it is possible that you have more pain then you think you should could be because it affected a nerve or something, the most painful part of any injury to a ankle is usually from swelling so i would reccommend tylenol or ibprofen for swelling, o and just fyi epinephrine doesnt have any direct effect on an allergic reaction it just makes it more likely your heart will keep beating and your blood pressure wont bottom out do to anaphylactic shock

Last edited by dshag; 05-04-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dshag
agreed anaphalaxis occurs almost immediately, the swelling and pain is from the poison that the bee injected into the tissue it can take time for that to heal and it is possible that you have more pain then you think you should could be because it affected a nerve or something, the most painful part of any injury to a ankle is usually from swelling so i would reccommend tylenol or ibprofen for swelling, o and just fyi epinephrine doesnt have any direct effect on an allergic reaction it just makes it more likely your heart will keep beating and your blood pressure wont bottom out do to anaphylactic shock
If your still type responses there is nothing to worry about it. Anaphalaxis causes all your circulatory system to constrict hence the problems breathing. Epinephrine causes everything to dilate and helps restoring normal function. The reason it's swelling and what not is because it's on your ankle. One of the furthest parts from your heart. I'm not a Dr. but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. HaHa. I am an RN though if that makes you feel any better.