Official LS1tech member sighting thread v.1.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^yeah he seemed ok. i think his car is just bolt ons. wasn't very fast, i put her in 4th, didn't floor it, and shifted to 5th at like 4700 and he barely pulled me haha. there was too much traffic and we started at like a 65 roll. didn't wanna rear end some1 at like 100+

but it was a clean car though. think we should invite him out to the meet?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that was me. It's not too fast yet, still mostly stock but I'm working on it. House payment just went up and kids/Wife are expensive so it's a slow process. I'm glad we got in some sort of run though, first action I've had since I bought the car. I'm going to try to come to the meet tomorrow. I came to the first one but it was too small and everybody seemed cliqued up so I bailed after about 5 minutes.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Don't make me show up and whoop you guys, especially Joel. LOL!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

GOLD TA blanco and west about 530am
Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Orr89rocz
Yep over at Elliott.
Yea you're the one. What do you do for them?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slow96z
Yeah, that was me. It's not too fast yet, still mostly stock but I'm working on it. House payment just went up and kids/Wife are expensive so it's a slow process. I'm glad we got in some sort of run though, first action I've had since I bought the car. I'm going to try to come to the meet tomorrow. I came to the first one but it was too small and everybody seemed cliqued up so I bailed after about 5 minutes.
haha that's deffinitely ok in my book man, yeah it was fun, thats the first run ive had since my new heads. i really am not one to do that kinda stuff, but once i saw that you weren't some high school kid, i figured what the hell

about the meet, it has gotten a lot better, we have many more regulars now. we do kinda have our cliques, but everybody is real cool so you just gotta go jump in there.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea you're the one. What do you do for them?
Compressor application engineer
Old 05-18-2010, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Yea that was me, thanks. I didn't know who it was at first. I don't street race anymore since I was thrown in the back of a cop car a few months back. I had my suspicions whenever you turned down Gretna. I went ahead to grab a bite and figured I would cruise back down that street to see if it was you and NSSANE.
Your car does sound pretty damn healthy man, I'm surprised I haven't heard it before.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Your car does sound pretty damn healthy man, I'm surprised I haven't heard it before.
Thats cause your piece is up on jack stand haha.. U don't get out much.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Yea that was me, thanks. I didn't know who it was at first. I don't street race anymore since I was thrown in the back of a cop car a few months back. I had my suspicions whenever you turned down Gretna. I went ahead to grab a bite and figured I would cruise back down that street to see if it was you and NSSANE.
Yeah i hear you man. I don't ever street race anymore, its just different when
I'm in a car like that cause cops don't mess with me like they would in mine. I rolled down my window to talk to you but you kept lookin ahead. Figured u thought I was a d bag tryin to talk **** or something I have that happen a lot.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks! Me too considering I live only 3 houses down Glamis.

Originally Posted by PSSYCO
Yeah i hear you man. I don't ever street race anymore, its just different when
I'm in a car like that cause cops don't mess with me like they would in mine. I rolled down my window to talk to you but you kept lookin ahead. Figured u thought I was a d bag tryin to talk **** or something I have that happen a lot.
I was avoiding looking over as that usually keeps me out of trouble (street racing wise) It seems like everywhere I go, people try and race, and it SO HARD not to
Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was avoiding looking over as that usually keeps me out of trouble (street racing wise) It seems like everywhere I go, people try and race, and it SO HARD not to
If you ever catch me on the road, i want to see/hear that car run
Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Orr89rocz
If you ever catch me on the road, i want to see/hear that car run
Hey even if I decided to risk it, I am still running stock injectors
Old 05-19-2010, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PSSYCO
Thats cause your piece is up on jack stand haha.. U don't get out much.
True... true If you'd come help sometime it might actually get on the road this year

I know how you feel man. I got busted last year for racing, got to sit in a cop car, then jail, then court... you got lucky
Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

True... true If you'd come help sometime it might actually get on the road this year

I know how you feel man. I got busted last year for racing, got to sit in a cop car, then jail, then court... you got lucky
Really? What ultimately happened? I've been scared to race for a couple years now now that I know what they can do to you. Still, I do like to drive/accelerate fast sometimes, which when caught is much less severe than racing.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one ever wants to run me. everyone minds their business when i am on the road lol.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
no one ever wants to run me. everyone minds their business when i am on the road lol.
same here, not even the ricers try it. My co-workers say its cuz my **** looks stock but IMO its kinda hard to miss Wilwood brakes, triple pillar guages, all red suspension pieces, and the tell tale sound of a healthy stall converter. plus i tend to drive fast lol.
i dunno why i never catch races, in 3.5 years of owning my car i had one g35 try about 2 years ago and one civic hatch about a year back now, thats it
Old 05-19-2010, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
same here, not even the ricers try it. My co-workers say its cuz my **** looks stock but IMO its kinda hard to miss Wilwood brakes, triple pillar guages, all red suspension pieces, and the tell tale sound of a healthy stall converter. plus i tend to drive fast lol.
i dunno why i never catch races, in 3.5 years of owning my car i had one g35 try about 2 years ago and one civic hatch about a year back now, thats it
same exact situation here except an evo and a civic.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
im right down the road, if the day comes hope that im on my street wheels and not my drags
Old 05-19-2010, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Really? What ultimately happened? I've been scared to race for a couple years now now that I know what they can do to you. Still, I do like to drive/accelerate fast sometimes, which when caught is much less severe than racing.
My cheap *** lawyer reset the court date 4 times then finally on my 5th appearance he decided to talk to someone and somehow convinced them to drop it down to a speeding ticket. I did have to pay a fine for failure to appear because I was out of the country on the 4th court date. With court costs, fine, lawyer, and tow, I payed about $1200 and lost my laptop (think the tow truck driver snagged it)

I was happy to pay it though cause I have a CDL for work and I would have been fucked without it.

Quick Reply: Official LS1tech member sighting thread v.1.0