HUGE Gas Price mess up at the pump.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A_W_O_L
You are both idiots
If you are refering to me as an idiot, then why not do a lil reading....I just didn't make my statement up, there's truth behind it...but let me put it in simple terms....Millions of Barrels of oil in the U.S. reserve, Take some out(release not all but some)...Gas prices will drop slightly...(1.50 at most)....Bush is an Oil man(he owns stocks or whatever)..He makes money while we loose it.....
Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
If you are refering to me as an idiot, then why not do a lil reading....I just didn't make my statement up, there's truth behind it...but let me put it in simple terms....Millions of Barrels of oil in the U.S. reserve, Take some out(release not all but some)...Gas prices will drop slightly...(1.50 at most)....Bush is an Oil man(he owns stocks or whatever)..He makes money while we loose it.....

Bush is not the only person that has invested in oil companies (if he even has). You can go do the same thing right now. How the **** is that his fault? The Gov has nothing to do with oil prices. They just make the regulations as to where and how much you can pump which is not helping us.
If the gas prices dropped any more than say $0.10 a week, it would be BAD for the economy. All the people who have money in oil companies right now would sell sell sell.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Teching In

so it seems like everyone here wants to rip off the person who pays the money to get the gas to his service station...they are not the ones ripping you off, its the oil companies. yes, we would all like a nice price reduction at the pump because i even think that it is getting out of control and our government wont even do anything about it, which sucks, but not reporting it is like stealing when you know it is wrong. thats my .02 anyway.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Launching!

The Oil Companies pic the prices of gas not the government. Bush just gave every tax payer extra money back.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by O6DODGE
The Oil Companies pic the prices of gas not the government. Bush just gave every tax payer extra money back.
i though OPEC picks the price of the oil, they have us by the ***** right now
Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Launching!

They might I dont know for sure, but I think they Oil Co. has alot to do with it.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dan00k
so it seems like everyone here wants to rip off the person who pays the money to get the gas to his service station...they are not the ones ripping you off, its the oil companies. yes, we would all like a nice price reduction at the pump because i even think that it is getting out of control and our government wont even do anything about it, which sucks, but not reporting it is like stealing when you know it is wrong. thats my .02 anyway.
gas had a set price, not my problem they fucked up. I dont see a sign on where to report theres an issue. Plus there was still tender paid for the gas purchased.

just my .02
Old 05-15-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

so let me get this straight.....you want to take "some" oil out of the reserve....that they bought a while back....paying alot less for it then. At some point they have to put it back, at a higher price, not to mention we would pay for this through taxes....and that is supposed to help how? Crying about what they are spending now and wanting them to spend more....???

simplify it a little more for us dummys please

by the way .....it still does not fix or help the problem.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by O6DODGE
They might I dont know for sure, but I think they Oil Co. has alot to do with it.
well my dads been in the oil bussiness for over 30years. from what hes said since we are using opec and there is such a high demand- opec jumps the price per barrel then the oil comapnies buy it and throw on their costs so they can make profit. its not really the oil companies fault, they are just trying to make their profit, kind of like 'the middle man' but they also refine it. the reason for gas going up 10cents a month is not coming from an oil company wanting more profit.. its the price per barrel from opec

dems and liberals dont want us drilling in alaska because it will hurt the enviroment, but how? my dad says oil rigs are the most strict places when it comes to the enviroment. he also said alaska has a **** LOAD of oil, dont believe these people that say "the oil would only last a month if we drilled in alaska".

drilling alaska is the way to go, but since democrats like to do nothing its going to stay that way. if we didnt have these pussies in our government we would be paying 10 cents a gallon

btw the "oil reserve" isnt referring to oil we've bought that is sitting in a tank. its the oil in our own land.. its called a reserve because we are using everyone elses oil before we use our own

Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 05-15-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
well my dads been in the oil bussiness for over 30years. from what hes said since we are using opec and there is such a high demand- opec jumps the price per barrel then the oil comapnies buy it and throw on their costs so they can make profit. its not really the oil companies fault, they are just trying to make their profit, kind of like 'the middle man' but they also refine it. the reason for gas going up 10cents a month is not coming from an oil company wanting more profit.. its the price per barrel from opec

dems and liberals dont want us drilling in alaska because it will hurt the enviroment, but how? my dad says oil rigs are the most strict places when it comes to the enviroment. he also said alaska has a **** LOAD of oil, dont believe these people that say "the oil would only last a month if we drilled in alaska".

drilling alaska is the way to go, but since democrats like to do nothing its going to stay that way. if we didnt have these pussies in our government we would be paying 10 cents a gallon

btw the "oil reserve" isnt referring to oil we've bought that is sitting in a tank. its the oil in our own land.. its called a reserve because we are using everyone elses oil before we use our own

dude the government has thier own reserve set away just in case not in the ground to go try and find it just in case lol you should have paid more attention in school and it is the oil companies putting up higher prices because they dont need to be making as big of a profit as they are they are already set with money now they should help the rest of the country who it's impacting not the rich its the middle class and poor!!! and even though rigs are safe doesnt mean something cant happen the military is very safe over in iraq and ppl are still dying!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Teching In

o and by the way, way to stick it to the man lol now if only the rest of us could find these kinda deals just lying around lol
Old 05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably the most ignorant thing ive read in quite some time^^^
Old 05-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Launching!

I'm gonna put a steam engine in my SS
Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kris6273
dude the government has thier own reserve set away not just in case in the ground to go try and find it just in case lol you should have paid more attention in school and it is the oil companies putting up higher prices because they dont need to be making as big of a profit as they are they are already set with money now they should help the rest of the country who it's impacting not the rich its the middle class and poor!!! and even though rigs are safe doesnt mean something cant happen the military is very safe over in iraq and ppl are still dying!!!
???... oil reserve:

"Oil reserves are the estimated quantities of crude oil that are claimed to be recoverable under existing economic and operating conditions.[1]. "

the only reason oil companies are making more money is because demand keeps going up.. didnt you pay attention in school?

who the hell do the oil companies think they are? making a profit from working harder than previous years? they should be working for free
Old 05-15-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

The same thing happened to me sometime last year. I realized when I filled up my car that they forgot the 3 dollars when they entered the price for premium. I went home, grabbed my truck to fill it up as well and 5-5 gallon gas tanks. I wish more lucky days like that would come around.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by A_W_O_L
You are both idiots
I completely agree with you. Bush has nothing to do with gas prices..and they do drill for oil in Alaska. Prudhoe Bay anyone??
Old 05-15-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
gas had a set price, not my problem they fucked up. I dont see a sign on where to report theres an issue. Plus there was still tender paid for the gas purchased.

just my .02

its the companies fault that the price at the pump fucked up. I had this happen to me one time, while the gas was being pumped into the underground tanks. it was when gas was around 2.50 a gallon, but charged only 50 cents, the clerks knew they fucked up but gave it to me anyways and then changed it when i got done.

it was badass too bc i had a hott blonde in the car and so i drove around all night with her
Old 05-15-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
your avitar ROCKS DUDE HAHAHA love it
hey i saw you at bennigans last week. i went there and parked next to you in my girlfriends **** box, figured i would keep your car safe. didn't know who you were and didn't want to look like an ******* going table to table asking either lol. but i figured it would be a guy by a window looking at his car and i was right haha
Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarge_13

Bush is not the only person that has invested in oil companies (if he even has). You can go do the same thing right now. How the **** is that his fault? The Gov has nothing to do with oil prices. They just make the regulations as to where and how much you can pump which is not helping us.
If the gas prices dropped any more than say $0.10 a week, it would be BAD for the economy. All the people who have money in oil companies right now would sell sell sell.

I never said it was his fault nor the governments for the high prices...I simply said He COULD HELP drop the price at the pump a lil smidge simply becuase WE (THE U.S. GOV.) have a oil reserve with millions of barrles stored at and if some were released then the price would drop...not alot but it would help...and who is the only one person that can say do that? the President himself.....That's all I was saying.......and FYI....yes Bush has a big investment in oil...
Old 05-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Launching!

^^^^Bush is known to be an oil man, Don't know if this has anything to do with the ridiculous prices non the less.