License Plate frames that are texas legal

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License Plate frames that are texas legal

Anyone know where I can get a cool one for my '99 WS6 that will be legal in texas? Preferably one that is from LS1tech.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Banned

LOL thats funny. When I moved there I read online about what all the symbols on the plate stand for, when I went to put it on my car I thought I'd better leave the frame off. I was afraid of offending the locals by covering some of it up. I never knew it was a law.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
LOL thats funny. When I moved there I read online about what all the symbols on the plate stand for, when I went to put it on my car I thought I'd better leave the frame off. I was afraid of offending the locals by covering some of it up. I never knew it was a law.
The plate frames are only illegal if they cover up more than half of the Texas at the top or something like that
Old 06-07-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

A person commits an offense if the person attaches to or displays on a motor vehicle a number plate or registration insignia that:

# has [letters, numbers, or other identification marks that because of] blurring or reflective matter that significantly impairs the readability of the name of the state in which the vehicle is registered or the letters or numbers of the license plate number [are not plainly visible] at any time [all times during daylight];

# has an attached illuminated device or sticker, decal, emblem, or other insignia that is not authorized by law and that interferes with the readability of the letters or numbers of [on] the license plate number or the name of the state in which the vehicle is registered; or

# has a coating, covering, [or] protective material, or other apparatus that:

(A) distorts angular visibility or detectability; [or]

(B) alters or obscures one-half or more of the name of the state in which the vehicle is registered; or

(C) alters or obscures the letters or numbers of [on] the license plate number or[,] the color of the plate[, or another original design feature of the plate].
Old 06-07-2008, 11:10 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Yeah, it's a pretty stupid law IMO.

Quick Reply: License Plate frames that are texas legal