Updates from the clash at SAR.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008 | 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
didn't they just slow down their car for yall?
Careful.

Supra drivers are great at the art of "stipulation racing" and excuse making. they called out LMR and got pimp slapped in the mouth. You should have seen the thread about the 1400whp TT c6Z06 and the boost logic supra LOL
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...+Bearing+supra
Regards,
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ball Bearing Supra
Careful.

Supra drivers are great at the art of "stipulation racing" and excuse making. they called out LMR and got pimp slapped in the mouth. You should have seen the thread about the 1400whp TT c6Z06 and the boost logic supra LOL
Regards,

Let's keep the Supra forum drama over there......

B
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Careful.

Regards,
LOL you got banned from supraforums too?
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Let's keep the Supra forum drama over there......

B
Ok sorry about that.
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:18 AM
Teching In

Careful.

Regards,

WTF, the class has rules. We were 1 of 12 cars that meet the rules. Nobody stipulated anything. You really don't make any sense on this forum, as you do on SF.
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
LOL you got banned from supraforums too?
Of course

As you know you have to be a brand loyal one dimensional Toyota cheerleader to be a member at supraforums. Posting your appreciation for other cars above anything Toyota gets you the boot
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:25 AM
Teching In

Of course

As you know you have to be a brand loyal one dimensional Toyota cheerleader to be a member at supraforums. Posting your appreciation for other cars above anything Toyota gets you the boot
I suppose you don't see my sig. Not really, just not so bold as yourself, many have sold their cars, gone on to other brands, and still contribute to meaniful discussions on SF.

95 supra 8.49@174.5/6spd/3650 lbs/1533rwhp/229.7mph Tx mile
94 supra 7.74@187 pwrglide/3150 lbs
01 Z06 track car H/C, 95 SC300 660rwhp, 93 SC300 400rwhp, 00 S2000 558rwhp

Old 06-09-2008 | 11:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
didn't they just slow down their car for yall?
Actually they slowed(conformed) their car down for the race class. You can read the rules below:

Tires: Any slick up to a 10.5" sidewall designation allowed. "W" tires are not allowed. DOT tires up to a 12.50" sidewall designation allowed. Hoosier tire, part number 18192D05 will not be allowed.

Stock-type suspensions with bolt-on devices only.

Mini-tubing allowed.

Stock frame rails must remain in stock location. Rear frame rails may be notched for tire clearence.

OEM Trans only! No Lenco or clutch less transmissions allowed unless in n/a application.

No Big Chief, Pontiac, Big Dukes , 15 degree or oldsmobile heads allowed for big blocks

Any single power adder allowed.

4-6 cyl engines may use dual power adders.

Any engine allowed.

No sheet metal intakes unless used on a n/a application or imports.

No dual carbs allowed

Must have mufflers unless turbo car

91mm turbo limit or twin 67mm

Coil overs allowed on all cars.

Stock firewall must be retained and in stock location. Notching for clearance of bell housing, distributor, supercharger or intercooler allowed. Smoothing of firewall for appearance is allowed.

All rule will be evaluated after the completion of the 2nd race and adjusted as needed.

I am referring to the necessities of suspension tuning, i.e. making the car more efficient with a given horsepower level and in the aspect of modern day racing class structure- racing under a conform set of regulations. When you graduate from your basic cam upgrade and races are won from more than just the amount of nitrous being sprayed, you will understand the “run wat ya brung” racing gets quite boring as one person can always bring a knife to a gun fight.
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Of course

Sounds a lot like this board
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by pm supra
Nobody stipulated anything. You really don't make any sense on this forum, as you do on SF.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=93

Is this your post?

YOU came here called out the big boys and got put in your place. Now you are calling out ANYONE that wants to race on the dyno,<---- or Texas mile. (whatever that bullshit is) in a 6 speed street car that is willing to meet your STIPULATIUONS. You talk on supra forums like you own 10.5 tire and this is your FIRST race. LOL no wonder when people asked what races you have attended you didn't answer. You Supra drivers are getting to big for your britches and you think beating a bunch of civics and DSM at the NOPI rice wars has made you competitve. Oh wait BoOstlogic does not even race at national events of anykind. So who are you to call out LMR and what have you done? I will tell you what you have done Zippo nadda nothing on the national level. You're a test N tOon night internet racer thats it and thats all.

Regards,

Last edited by Ball Bearing Supra; 06-09-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=93

Is this your post?

YOU came here called out the big boys and got put in your place. Now you are calling out ANYONE that wants to race on the dyno,<---- or Texas mile. (whatever that bullshit it) in a 6 speed street car that is willing to meet your STIPULATIUONS. You talk on supra forums like you own 10.5 tire and this is your FIRST race. LOL no wonder when people asked what races you have attended you didn't answer. You little supra drivers are getting to big for your britches and you think beating s bunch of civics and DSM at nopi has made you competitve. Oh wait BoOstligic does not even race in national events of anykind. So who are you to call out LMR and what have you done? I will tell you what you have done Zippo nadda nothing on the national level. You're a test N tOon night internet racer thats it and thats all.

Regards,
www.texasmile.com
Everything you need to know about the "bullshit" Texas Mile
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:35 AM
8 Second Club

If it means anything I'm hoping to break the 200mph barrier with half the HP (About 700-750whp) this October if all goes as planned Though it won't be anything close to 229mph though!
Old 06-09-2008 | 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
If it means anything I'm hoping to break the 200mph barrier with half the HP (About 700-750whp) this October if all goes as planned Though it won't be anything close to 229mph though!
In the Texas Mile or just in general?
Old 06-09-2008 | 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by supragrl93
Isn't the 6 speed inc. Car a dogbox? That's why their shifts are going to be so quick and less noticeable. I wish we culd get one that would work well in a supra cause we would be hauling sime major ***!

Anyways congrats to all competitors! Nice to see that LMR and BL both ran great and made a nice showing!

its not a true 6 speed...yeah it has 6 gears, but so does my cayenne TT..but i dont need to use the clutch..
Old 06-09-2008 | 12:00 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Ball Bearing Supra;9522326][url] You talk on supra forums like you own 10.5 tire and this is your FIRST race. QUOTE]

You talk as though you have the slightest knowledge of racing when in actuality you do not. Nobody here, LS1 or 2JZ that actually races, gives a **** about what you say. You are a nobody in the racing community, always will be, and your meaningless posts will be regarded as so.
Old 06-09-2008 | 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=racing fan;9522560]
[url] You talk on supra forums like you own 10.5 tire and this is your FIRST race. QUOTE]

You talk as though you have the slightest knowledge of racing when in actuality you do not. Nobody here, LS1 or 2JZ that actually races, gives a **** about what you say. You are a nobody in the racing community, always will be, and your meaningless posts will be regarded as so.
Nice LMR call out good luck in 10.5 tire.

Cheers,
Old 06-09-2008 | 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kean
The competition was really tight. The top cars in the field ran between 8.0-8.50. The top 6 running between 8.0-8.20. These guys can really hit the lights and they usually pull .400-.440 reaction times. In competition I averaged around a .490-.500. I need a lot of practice in this area =)

Again, congragulations to LMR and their camp. Hopefully, we will be seeing you guys again at a clash event It was a lot of fun.

Kean, definately had a great time speaking with your whole crew and glad we raced. You definately have that supra hauling ***, but you are wrong about the tree. .000 is a pefect light, not .400. As you can see in this video you went a .431 to my .012. This means we could have ran a 8.66 and still out ran you. I am in no way talking ****, just want to give you a little constructive criticism because I know ya'll do not race at a lot of events and are not used to this heads up racing. Once yall get that car to where yall can stage and leave at the same boost levels, it will make it alot easier to be competitive at these events.

Here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVJvVWycCI8

If anyone has any more footage please feel free to post up as it would be cool to see a video from the stands.

Steven Fereday
Old 06-09-2008 | 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by racing fan
You talk on supra forums like you own 10.5 tire and this is your FIRST race.
Says the supraforums troll with a total of 6 posts, all in this thread and the BL and LMR thread
Old 06-09-2008 | 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Weel the main thing is I wasnt blessed with the Japanese eyes so I cant see things their way.

thats all you got??

you remember me right?? i was the one that came to your shop awhile back asking you to make a custom plate for me to use a th350 for my little 4 cylinder motor...

bwt..i got it done and the car ran mid 10s..i still have the entire set-up!!
Old 06-09-2008 | 12:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
229mph was achieved with 32lbs of boost which is relatively 1125rwhp. We are hoping to use a bit more power next outing to better the numbers

When we drag race the 6spd car we are running nitrous to spool the turbo so it is running down the track at around 1250-1300rwhp. Although one pass we also sprayed the car in 3rd and 4th and SW clicked 174.9 mph.

Looking forward to seeing you out in October! Good luck getting the car ready