How "legal" is it to have 2 paypal accounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How "legal" is it to have 2 paypal accounts?

Just curious. I've known people to have one for credit cards and people to have one for people sending money with bank accounts etc. What do you need to do this? Just a diff email address? Or a diff bank account number as well?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Teching In

really depends.

It goes by email, so 2 emails is a start. Then i would imagine that it wouldnt allow 2 of the same bank accounts to be used, but that might be wrong.

Regardless, if you dont verify with a bank account, you can still have something else registered, just wont be verified.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

It is illegal.
It is probably considered theft, since there is only a certain number of transactions you can receive funds from on a paypal account before paying for a business user account. If you use more than that many between the two accounts, you're stealing.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Teching In

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...a/USUA-outside
2.2 Personal, Premier and Business Accounts. We offer three different types of Accounts: Personal, Premier and Business Accounts. You may only hold one Personal Account and either one Premier or one Business Account. By opening a Premier or Business Account and accepting the terms as outlined in this Agreement, you attest that you are not establishing the Account primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.
Thats the only thing i really saw about having 2 accounts
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...tTypes-outside
PayPal allows members to have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. However, each PayPal account must contain unique email addresses and financial information. You may upgrade your account at any time.
looks like i was right. You can have 2 as long as its different emails and financial information
Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Teching In

I had a problem with my account because I did some stuff with it for my Fraternity, and they told me I should have two, but its a pain in the *** and you can't use any of the same credit cards, but for your use it make sense
Old 06-25-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your bank accounts have to be separate / different also. They will not allow 2 different 'users' access to the same bank account. It's not hard to set up additional bank accounts though. I have an account with Wachovia that I use only for Paypal, and it's not tied to my 'real' bank account (at another bank) in any way.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Burninator
really depends.

It goes by email, so 2 emails is a start. Then i would imagine that it wouldnt allow 2 of the same bank accounts to be used, but that might be wrong.

Regardless, if you dont verify with a bank account, you can still have something else registered, just wont be verified.
Also if you dont verify with a bank account then your max spending limit with a cc is like $1000 total. After this you have to verify.