Still a meet at Beach St.? DFW

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still a meet at Beach St.? DFW

I remember taking my 99 SS out to beach street alot in north fort worth off 820w.

It used to be really big 100+ cars everytime... but, then there was that motorcycle accident and it slowed down a bit... Haven't been out there in 3 years or so...

I was just wondering if this meet still goes on? I get a chance to come back to DFW every once in awhile and I am looking for some fun stuff to do on saturday nights when I am in town. Any suggestions?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Yeah they still do it. 90% kids in ricers practicing their mad drifting skillz for da hoez

Couple of cool cars in the bunch though.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lason
Yeah they still do it. 90% kids in ricers practicing their mad drifting skillz for da hoez

Couple of cool cars in the bunch though.
Oh really? Guess my vette wouldn't be wanted there...

I remember it being a lot of ricers back in the day, but it was more 50/50 import/domestic... A lot of mustangs/fbodies, back in the day...

Me and a buddy were thinking about taking our vettes up there and checking it out one saturday... but, maybe we should think about it first.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Default theres still a meet

everyone still meets there, mostley rice though.if you do come make it early 930 or 10 because the cops like to run everybody off around 12.after that happened last weekend we went to the hulen meet at hooters and ran some people there, had a good time though.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

still there. there is always kinda 2 crowds, a huge crowd of rice, some nice fbody's and stangs, oh then you got the bikes too. its alright, not much goes on over there but if you just wanna go there to check it out, you wont be the only one there. Cops are a pain in the *** sometimes, there is sometimes some badass cars out there but the rice just will get on ur nerves. They think cruisin at 10mph with their ricer lambo doors open on the civic will attract attention.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS_
Oh really? Guess my vette wouldn't be wanted there...

I remember it being a lot of ricers back in the day, but it was more 50/50 import/domestic... A lot of mustangs/fbodies, back in the day...

Me and a buddy were thinking about taking our vettes up there and checking it out one saturday... but, maybe we should think about it first.
yea use to be that the rice was further down beach st and the muscle cars were always sittin at jack in the box and whataburger.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm. Maybe I'll check it out then. I will be in DFW for July 4th weekend, so maybe that saturday the 5th, I'll check it out...
Old 06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still goin on, and there are actually races that happen now, but It's a secret
Old 06-25-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Still goin on, and there are actually races that happen now, but It's a secret
We used to race on the axis road off of 820w... there is about a 3/4 mile strip of flat smoothed road... no one ever on that road... very open, can see behind and in front of...
Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

i say on the 5th you should come out to hooters in Hulen. first saturday of the month meet. usually a pretty good turn out
Old 06-25-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bakushan
Lets post about it on the internet!
Let's be a douche in response to me posting on the internet Seriously I didn't say where and it's not like there aren't 100 places this could happen...
Old 06-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Everytime I go to Beach, I start to really figure out what its all about.... guys impressing chicks.... trying to be hard dicks. Its mainly with the Ricer crowd, but there are a few F-Body guys out there that are all about impressing someone.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Overboosted
Everytime I go to Beach, I start to really figure out what its all about.... guys impressing chicks.... trying to be hard dicks. Its mainly with the Ricer crowd, but there are a few F-Body guys out there that are all about impressing someone.
This must be new... a few years back... there would be like 1 maybe 2 girls out there, and it was normally just a gf who came along with someone... It used to be really decent. A lot of nice people... no real **** talking or anything. People would ask to run and then they would and when they would get back it would be real civil... "yeah, he pulled me" "great run" and then we would go on...

Sucks... I guess it is much different now...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Just come to the Hooter's meet mentioned above, you'll be glad you did. I bring my Vette out all the time, and I have a great time.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll try to make it... its quite a drive from where I'll be.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS_
I'll try to make it... its quite a drive from where I'll be.
I live 40 miles from the Hooters meet. Made the trip a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. Going back on the 5th. It is well worth the drive. Mature crowd, Limited rice exposure, cool muscle cars, etc...what else could you ask for? oh yeah, and if chicks are your thing...there are always 10 chicks in tight shirts and short shorts that pour beer for you (Hooters)...
Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned

Location: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living

I promote the meet at Hooters on the first Saturday. And its normally a more mature croud. Please dont post up and have some junior high kids start coming out there.

We have a good deal with the manager of hooters there and they are tolerant of us only because we usually have a 18 and up croud. We dont need MAD DRIFTING skills out there.

Bakushan is right, dont put out race info doof. Thats why that **** always gets broke up. What you think the cops dont have some rides at home?? You think they dont read these forums and posts. I sure as hell would if I was a douche bag.

Simple matter of respect guys,

Zach at LSM