#1 Selling Vehicle in America...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default #1 Selling Vehicle in America...

Used to be a truck.....Does anyone know by what percentage truck sales are down?......How many units the big dealers were moving compared to now? It seems like the dealers/manufactures are desperate to get rid of them...

When I have talked to them, they dont want to budge off the price much at all. They want to play the 0% interest game....
Old 06-27-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Better to get price off tag rather then 0% interest. I never saw how people got fooled with that.

Ex: $37,000 truck

Better to take $7k off than 0% interest. So say you want to sell it or trade it in 6 months, better to owe $30k than $37k, roughly. Its as if youre being charged interest as if you were doing the whole 60 months, you instantly got a higher balance to work with.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

in my case tho,
I could buy the car for 37,000, and have it paid off in less than 2 years, and not have any interest tacked on to it...
thats the way I do it..
Plus I have never kept a vehicle less than 5 years..
I drive them until they are a problem, or I need a different setup

Not everyones cup of tea tho..
Old 06-27-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Doomsday
Better to get price off tag rather then 0% interest. I never saw how people got fooled with that.

Ex: $37,000 truck

Better to take $7k off than 0% interest. So say you want to sell it or trade it in 6 months, better to owe $30k than $37k, roughly. Its as if youre being charged interest as if you were doing the whole 60 months, you instantly got a higher balance to work with.
I would go with the 0% interest rate if I made a small down payment and opted for 48-60mo financing. If I made a big down payment, I'd just take 7k off.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by A_W_O_L
Used to be a truck.....Does anyone know by what percentage truck sales are down?......How many units the big dealers were moving compared to now? It seems like the dealers/manufactures are desperate to get rid of them...

When I have talked to them, they dont want to budge off the price much at all. They want to play the 0% interest game....
Those huge rebates you see advertised, thats manufacturer money, not the dealers'. What the dealer paid for the truck hasnt changed between last months $4k in rebates vs this months $7k or whatever the number is. The catch is, is that the 0% interest is in lieu of all cash rebates. So you lose those cash incentives by going with 0%. Dont think they are holding out by not giving you both. And while the dealer may be more inclined to get rid of the truck, theres still a set amount of money they must sell the truck for, and the markup is a lot less than people think it is..
Old 06-27-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On second thought, I think 0% is good only if you plan on keeping it for the long term, but it is not for those that jump from car to car every year.

Good luck if you do decide to get a truck.