attorney's arund dfw?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default attorney's arund dfw?

ok so long long long story short. gotta dwi on the 4th. need a good lawyer anyone one on here an attorney or know some good ones that mainly specialize in dwi's or atleast have a lot of experience?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry can't help with the lawyer..but you're doing the right by getting one.

Don't drink and drive dude! I was almost killed by one in 02

Im about to start the academy to become a cop and want to be placed on the anti-DWI squad.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

see as far as the being drunk goes, i wasn't i told him when i had my last drink and then it all went down hill from there. i got the biggest ***** on the ****** force. now i have been absolutely hammered before and just had someone take me home but i dont get plastered and drive home. good luck on that.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

More pics of girl in avatar. Sorry can't help with the attorney thing.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Bartenders usually know a good dwi lawyer, what did you blow?

Last edited by blake culp; 07-09-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added
Old 07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mjcotroneo
see as far as the being drunk goes, i wasn't i told him when i had my last drink and then it all went down hill from there. i got the biggest ***** on the ****** force. now i have been absolutely hammered before and just had someone take me home but i dont get plastered and drive home. good luck on that.
Yea, that's the way most of them are, actually. Personally, if you were drunk but not shitfaced, I would have made you just call a buddy to come get you and the car.

Did you blow? Do you know what you blew?

Thanks for the good luck, it's gonna be fun lol
Old 07-09-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
Yea, that's the way most of them are, actually. Personally, if you were drunk but not shitfaced, I would have made you just call a buddy to come get you and the car.

Did you blow? Do you know what you blew?

Thanks for the good luck, it's gonna be fun lol
Keep that attitude and you won't be on the DWI force for long.
DWI's = money makers for the state
Sometimes, it makes me wonder if cops write them for $$$ or to teach people lessons...
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

nope i did the pen test fine and then walked the line with bare feet haha. wasnt gonna do it with sandals. and i sure as hell wasnt gonna blow. i had a couple of shots and abt 3 beers abt an hour and a half before that. was not gonna blow. they were supposed to do a madatory blood specimen and didnt do that either.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
Keep that attitude and you won't be on the DWI force for long.
DWI's = money makers for the state
Sometimes, it makes me wonder if cops write them for $$$ or to teach people lessons...
Depends on what city you are in. And its at the officer's discretion rather to take in (usually). Unless directly ordered like the "no tolerance" campaign lol

DWG just got in a lot of **** because they were taking blood from people under their no refusal rule, but the people taking the blood were not doctors or officers lol I hate that damn city
Old 07-09-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nope i did the pen test fine and then walked the line with bare feet haha. wasnt gonna do it with sandals. and i sure as hell wasnt gonna blow. i had a couple of shots and abt 3 beers abt an hour and a half before that. was not gonna blow. they were supposed to do a madatory blood specimen and didnt do that either.
You passed the sobriety test? If you didn't blow and no blood, and also weren't acting drunk on camera, you should have an easy case due to lack of evidence. Unless they try to shots/beers recently tactic.

I would have fought it too. Good luck to you, keep us posted bro
Old 07-09-2008, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

I think I found the police video of your stop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsPRVEHDT2s
Old 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Good:

Mimi Coffey
Robert Thornton
Matthew Arnold

Best:
John Teakell
Michael Price
Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

My wife works for a lawyer that speciallizes in DWI's, Drugs, etc. He is really good, used to be a narcotics officer or something. PM me if you want the address and phone number.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This guy is one of the best anywhere. I don't think he takes cases for the "little people" any more but has a firm that does. Lots of good info on his site anyway.
Good Luck.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

I feel ya man. I haven't drunk a beer since January 11th 2007. I got in trouble for the same thing. You are gonna have a long road ahead of you. It's going to take alot of money, and even though you may beat the DWI the state can still suspend you license for 180 days. Thats what happened to me. I took it as an expensive lesson learned and haven't consumed any alcohol since. I found that the short term buzz does not justify the long term financial debt that you will be in.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea. i just dont want to lose my job. hopefully everything will work out. i have met with two lawyers that will charge 17k and some under 5k i dont want to spend 17k but i need someone good.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

and even though i passed the pen test which is the most accurate test i kno he will lie about that. but i have a lot of stuff that im doing to make sure everything they throw against me can have a good reason to go against it.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea. i just dont want to lose my job. hopefully everything will work out. i have met with two lawyers that will charge 17k and some under 5k i dont want to spend 17k but i need someone good.
Dude $17,000, $5,000??? Are you sure you wrote that right? Is it your 3rd DWI? Did you murder someone? lol
What city did u get the DWI in?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

17k is CRAZY! I've been through this before and that is definantly not the right way to go. You should be around the 2-4k mark. Is this your 1st arrest for this offense? If it is, and what you say is true, you're probably looking at an obstruction of hwy. Any blood sucker can make this happen. It's gonna take time. Maybe a year or 2. Just be patient. DA's start making deals when the older cases on the dockets keep floating. Especially for 1st time offenders. Also cops come and go. There is a chance your arresting officer won't be on the force 1-2 years from now. How good of a chance? Who knows, but it is possible. You should research everything about the law online as well as lawyers within your area. Was this in Dallas or Tarrant?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea i wrote that right. haha. now you can see why im stressin. i just keep thinkin with all that money my z would be the way i want it. it will be the only thing on my record. and this was in tarrant. where was your dwi at?