Hulen Hooters Sat. Aug. 2nd GTG

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 01:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ll post the vids in the morning. of me getting by some RAW HP................................

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...8027142D3023BC

Click here to play them all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdkUN...x=0&playnext=1

Last edited by WizeAss; 08-03-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:44 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I heard that Jeremy was shifting slower then grandma out there racing Stewie... I got there early stayed till around 9:10 then left, I came back out around midnight and there was only a hand full of folks left. So what all went down?
Old 08-03-2008, 01:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I heard that Jeremy was shifting slower then grandma out there racing Stewie... I got there early stayed till around 9:10 then left, I came back out around midnight and there was only a hand full of folks left. So what all went down?
going to sleep... have **** loads of work to do remaining on the house to get it ready to sell. Take a look at the vids.

Basically... regardless of shifting he beat me 2 car... one run was only 1.5 cars or so but he started in 3rd and I was at the top of 2nd gear. That car hauls *****.... his shifting wasnt major slow... but he did have to put it to the floor to shift... it is a brand new twin disc mcloud clutch.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Stayed under 210 degees because I stayed under 3krpm...... or around 60mph all the way home.
Correction:

It stayed under 210 at your temp sensor.

The questions is how hot did your heads get and was the water even circulating in them or boiling off since there was no pressure?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuckaroooZ28
ditto same here, they really look to f*ck you when they see the endorsements on ur license
Where ya been Buck? Haven't seen you out in a while.

Are you going to the Peterbuilt meets with Bo?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Correction:

It stayed under 210 at your temp sensor.

The questions is how hot did your heads get and was the water even circulating in them or boiling off since there was no pressure?
98-99 Temp gauges are much more accurate, someone said that GM changed it in '00 because folks where thinking the car was too cold. It mad it all the way past 3/4 on the cluster panel. I have been in a few cars that overheated... it was far from that. I am sure the heads can take 260 degree temps.. on the way home it was totally fine.... that small cut in the upper radiator hose apparently only leaks seriously after it gets real hot and expands. I should have that fixed and hopefully that is the only problem.

Since the heat was rising and falling, I am sure water was circulating.... my luck sucks.

1. Nitrous switch on the floor didnt work.
2. Transmission fluid all over the place due to overfill from the wrong dipstick.
3. Cut in the radiator hose caused the car to get too hot.

If this is the worst of things....(knock on wood) I feel alright about it.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:38 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

going to sleep... have **** loads of work to do remaining on the house to get it ready to sell. Take a look at the vids.

Basically... regardless of shifting he beat me 2 car... one run was only 1.5 cars or so but he started in 3rd and I was at the top of 2nd gear. That car hauls *****.... his shifting wasnt major slow... but he did have to put it to the floor to shift... it is a brand new twin disc mcloud clutch.
2 cars my *** he was straight up walking away from you. It looked like 3-4 cars. It would have been worse if he didn't let offf so early. LOL
Old 08-03-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

2 cars my *** he was straight up walking away from you. It looked like 3-4 cars. It would have been worse if he didn't let offf so early. LOL
nah... it was only 2... the camera makes it look further than it is.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

looked more then that but anyway you still got drug..
Old 08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

*cough* BULLSHIT*cough*.....lol I'm pretty sure he was ****** you up pretty bad...
Old 08-03-2008, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Where ya been Buck? Haven't seen you out in a while.

Are you going to the Peterbuilt meets with Bo?
I know man I either show up late or not show, lately there is always something going on. this time I passed out in the chair b4 leaving like an old man in front of the tv lol btw those peterbuilt meets are the shiznit lol
Old 08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

98-99 Temp gauges are much more accurate, someone said that GM changed it in '00 because folks where thinking the car was too cold. It mad it all the way past 3/4 on the cluster panel. I have been in a few cars that overheated... it was far from that. I am sure the heads can take 260 degree temps.. on the way home it was totally fine.... that small cut in the upper radiator hose apparently only leaks seriously after it gets real hot and expands. I should have that fixed and hopefully that is the only problem.

Since the heat was rising and falling, I am sure water was circulating.... my luck sucks.

1. Nitrous switch on the floor didnt work.
2. Transmission fluid all over the place due to overfill from the wrong dipstick.
3. Cut in the radiator hose caused the car to get too hot.

If this is the worst of things....(knock on wood) I feel alright about it.
I know about the temp guages. IIRC it is 99 up that GM desensitized them.

The point I'm getting at is just because it read a temp at your sending unit doesn't mean the coolant wasn't just steam in the heads or even circulating in them very well since there wasn't much pressure. Plus our water pumps tend to not like when things overheat, but you don't seem to care so why am I even wasting my time.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

I know about the temp guages. IIRC it is 99 up that GM desensitized them.

The point I'm getting at is just because it read a temp at your sending unit doesn't mean the coolant wasn't just steam in the heads or even circulating in them very well since there wasn't much pressure. Plus our water pumps tend to not like when things overheat, but you don't seem to care so why am I even wasting my time.
Do care...

nothing I could do about it... it was getting hotter than normal but never overheated... I just chalked it up to Texas heat and a A3 with gears that spin 3400rpm going 65 on the highway. I must have checked the coolant level 3 or 4 times since then. For the past 2 weeks I have been turning the heater on and the temp stays normal. But running it hard exposed the issue. If nothing comes from it I consider it a good thing. That hose was constantly partially crushed due to a bad radiator cap, now that the cap is fixed the hose has a cut in it..... ??
Old 08-03-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

looked more then that but anyway you still got drug..
As i predicted..... Not ashamed. He makes alot more power....
I told him he would get me by 2 cars or so.

I would probably gain 30+rwhp from a intake swap to one of the new ones comming out for the non-cathedral heads and with huge ports on my heads that doesnt help.

You cant beat a TFS head and high flowing composite intake. It makes power where the car performs best 3500-6500rpm....

If I was that concerned about getting drug on the street I wouldnt have ran him. And I would have kept the 6 speed, smaller heads, and a more NA friendly intake. ...... **** that! I want to go fast on the spray at the track!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

As i predicted..... Not ashamed. He makes alot more power....
I told him he would get me by 2 cars or so.

I would probably gain 30+rwhp from a intake swap to one of the new ones comming out for the non-cathedral heads and with huge ports on my heads that doesnt help.

You cant beat a TFS head and high flowing composite intake. It makes power where the car performs best 3500-6500rpm....

If I was that concerned about getting drug on the street I wouldnt have ran him. And I would have kept the 6 speed, smaller heads, and a more NA friendly intake. ...... **** that! I want to go fast on the spray at the track!
That being said it seems to me that you would also benefit at the track with smaller heads and intake. the 360+ cfm or whatever your heads flow seems a bit much for a 408 that doesn't have 15:1 compression and a .800 lift solid roller. Air velocity is key to making power and hoggin out a set of heads doesn't always mean more power.....
Old 08-03-2008, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adam02gt
That being said it seems to me that you would also benefit at the track with smaller heads and intake. the 360+ cfm or whatever your heads flow seems a bit much for a 408 that doesn't have 15:1 compression and a .800 lift solid roller. Air velocity is key to making power and hoggin out a set of heads doesn't always mean more power.....

that is what happens when you are one of the first with new parts.....

that being said....... the car picked up 18mph in the 8th and an additional 287rwhp from a set of NX 200 shot pills. Someone who knows this stuff told me that the extra cfm from the heads and the extra large cc's in the ports will make a difference with the artificial air. Otherwise the heads and intake are only good for a 13.5:1 455ci motor that spins up to 8k rpm.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Launching!

excuses... i was in san antonio for the weekend but would have loved to see that in person! That looked like a hard dragging!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Damn, Jeremy's car looks fast It should do that to Mikey though really. Mikey's car isnt built for that motor **** but he keeps running everybody like that
Old 08-04-2008, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My $$$ says a certain white TA is gonna drag Mikey's *** at least that hard!!!
I got the camera ready too!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
My $$$ says a certain white TA is gonna drag Mikey's *** at least that hard!!!
I got the camera ready too!

my money says Jeremy drags a certain white TA... but only by 1/2 to 1 car at most. It is going to take 520hp to run with Jeremy....