Houston clubs w/ techno...not rap

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Humanoid
Cool. I am from New Iberia which is very near Lafayette. I used to go to the strip alot but now I think I am a bit old for that place. I was around during the days of "the fish".
My buddy Kevin Comeaux owns The V Bar on the strip, it's more of an older crowd, and no smoking allowed in the club. The place freaking rocks.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Riches plays techno on either friday and sat. Its a mix of both rap and techno. No Riches is not a GAY club anymore.. Roxy is all ghetto rap now..Bond plays both techno and rap, Scout Bar has a sept room they usually play tehcno in on Thursdays, dont know about fridays and saturdays, there are some other clubs out there that play both. Plus there are some ones that play nothing but techno but youll have to look it up online..
Old 08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

i have been to riches before also but it was nothin but rap i believe it was on a thursday....but damn most of the girls in there where very cute
Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jamming some Armin Van Buren right now.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

I try to avoid techno it makes me have flashbacks...
Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adam02gt
i dont even know what techno is
Old 08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

RICHES is still Gay!!! they might not admit to it but watch urself in the head!!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by adam02gt
+11111111 except I listen to it FOR the flashbacks....damn DNA testing at work sucks, lol.

Try Club 1415. I'm not sure if Micheal DeGrace is still involved/invested/owns it, but they have some decent resident DJ's & stay open late. They also have a nice balcony with a view.

Also check out this site & maybe sign up for the email list. http://77002.com/
Old 08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
10-Second Club

Since they enacted the 'Rave' law or what ever, all the good spots dried up. After they closed Some & Hyperia, the music scene took a huge nose dive, especially for booking good DJ's.
You can luck out with some of the snooty mid town clubs, but they have ***** doormen that think they are in LA or NY or someshit & charge way too much for drinks...but then I grew up with hole in the wall places like Some for my music enjoyment.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Look into "Autechre" and "Boards of Canada"...then sit back and "chill".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLK70Ipe-tI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJrWx...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLXzSefzVWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7bKe_Zgk4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEma...eature=related

Last edited by -Ross-; 08-07-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

actual techno or "club techno", actual techno no, "club techno" yes but the usally mix hip hop or really small lounges. I know Jet lounge does but you want to see what nights. Mosaic in Rocbar does. sure if you look those places up on myspace you can find links to similar places.

Was going through some cds the other day and found an Adam Beyer and Green Velvet cd, really good techno. Also found a Bailey, Shy FX and Andy C cds, great drum and bass.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
10-Second Club

Techno is a pretty broad genre, personally I like mostly varieties of House music, like progressive, tribal, and really dark house.

Interesting link I found a while back, may not be active, but it's blocked from work so I can't check.
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
Old 08-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Banned

Yeah good luck finding a nice place that plays techno\house in Houston. Because there isn't many places like this when you do find one it's basically a bunch of regulars and really expensive drinks. Last time i had a real club experience in Houston (**** i can't remember the name of it) but it was downtown on that little strip of clubs and there was a big line but you could tell it was for real.

Girls dancing in the window all slutty, house music or rap music lyrics with house beats dark everywhere except for the occasional strobe or electronic controlled lighting. Wish i could remember the name man, sorry.

Go to Miami, and you'll find plenty of them.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Banned

There are a lot of places that still play house/techno, you just have to know where to go and when. If anybody is really interested send a PM to L$1W$6, he will point you in the right direction since he is really big into the house scene.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBronco

AVB FTMFW
Old 08-13-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1FAST02FORMULAHAWK
AVB FTMFW

x1000 Been my favorite DJ for a good while now. I didnt suspect his name ever pop up on this forum.

The only thing I hate about electronic music is finding the artist and song. Im trying to do that now searching compilation albums online. I only ever heard it at 24hr fitness a few times.

So any other clubs?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

I forgot about Rocbar. They have a sept lounge and patio that plays nothing but techno. Then they have the larger room that plays rock with swinging girls over the bar.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

For those of you who were into it in the late 80's early 90's this guy has some mixes from the Kingfish which was way in the woods near Lafayette La. It was a huge badass club that people would drive from Mississippi and Texas to go to.

http://k3839.multiply.com/music/item...s_of_Old_Tunes

It took me a while to figure out how to download the music. You have to click the playlist and let media player open it. Then highlight the track you want to DL. Then right click on the bar at the top of media player and click file saveas.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
I forgot about Rocbar. They have a sept lounge and patio that plays nothing but techno. Then they have the larger room that plays rock with swinging girls over the bar.
Technically thats not techno, it's progressive, techno DJ would punch you in the face if they heard you say that. at the same time don't call what they play at Rocbar/Mosaic trance either that will **** of the DJ.

My guess is that if the people here actually heard real techno 99% would beat their head in with a hammer. Look up Adam Beyer, Marco Corrola, Headroom(3 guys playing at once) Dave Clarke and Richie Hawtin aka-Plastikman.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by white man
Technically thats not techno, it's progressive, techno DJ would punch you in the face if they heard you say that. at the same time don't call what they play at Rocbar/Mosaic trance either that will **** of the DJ.

My guess is that if the people here actually heard real techno 99% would beat their head in with a hammer. Look up Adam Beyer, Marco Corrola, Headroom(3 guys playing at once) Dave Clarke and Richie Hawtin aka-Plastikman.
I stand corrected. You are right about it not exactly being techno. I guess the proper term is house music or something..I dunno. We all just called is Kingfish music back in the day.