Aggies get beat! TTU & UT live to play another day.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aggies get beat! TTU & UT live to play another day.

Poor aggies, lost to a no-body. Looks like another tough year for the 3rd best team in the state. My Red Raiders stumbled through the first game at least, and the horns dominated putting down 50 points. What do you guys think? big 12 title for TTU or UT? Missouri and sooners looked tough.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

TTU dumdumdum!

Wreck em' Tech!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by landonew
Poor aggies, lost to a no-body. Looks like another tough year for the 3rd best team in the state. My Red Raiders stumbled through the first game at least, and the horns dominated putting down 50 points. What do you guys think? big 12 title for TTU or UT? Missouri and sooners looked tough.
3rd best team in the state?

Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Rice, Houston, and Sam Houston are all better than A&M, lol. Tech should be very good this year. They've just got to play defense though and not depend on their offense to outscore everybody.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHAHAH

Ive gotta say the Ags have a VERY tough year ahead of them. Maybe 3 wins, maybe. Hell they might not even beat Baylor this year.

TTU should of played so much better. They had NO FOCUS at all going into the game.

UT played pretty good and are obviously gunning for the title.

Its going to be a great year in the Big 12. Toughest conference in the nation IMHO. Hell, even the North is going to be good this year.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am sorry, as much as a big 12 fan that I am, the SEC is still the toughest in the country. We just have those crazy high Offense numbers since the spread offense is ran so prominently in the Big 12.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

A&M sucks BAD. Texas still has Colt as QB and I just have a hard time seeing Tech win a Big 12 Title. (I'm not sure tech has ever won an outright title in their schools history) Prob be an OU vs Mizzou Big 12 Title, not sure who will win.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

A&M will bounce back, just you wait and see! Ha! They just need to be humiliated to get serious.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Well all know TAMU is in a world of trouble if they're gonna give up 200 yards of rushing to Arkansas St. Although it looks like Goodson might do some damage this season.

Texas could easily find themselves in a world of trouble this season. They'll lose again to Oklahoma, and there are no guaranteed wins against TTU, Kansas, or Mizzou. They lost their only deep thread (Sweed) and their running game (Charles), both of which are gonna make it difficult for Colt to have a repeat of his freshman year.

The defense better gets its act together ASAP or they'll get run over by the aforementioned TTU, Kansas, and Missou teams.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

The SEC is tough thats for sure but I dont know if they are the "best" conference anymore. Right now they have more teams ranked but some I dont feel belong. Clemson just down right SUCKED. Its a toss up kind of in my mind. Do you have the stats on the last 10 bowl seasons by conference and all that? Id love to compile it but the net blows **** over here.

SEC has:
#1-Georgia
#5-Florida
#7-LSU
#10-Auburn
#19-Tennessee
#24-Alabama

Big 12 has:
#11-Texas
#12-Texas Tech
#4-Oklahoma
#6-Mizzou
#14-Kansas

Itll be a great year if we have a Big 12 and SEC BCS championship game.

Its still hard to say which is the best conference though. The Big 12 is more exciting to watch though. HAHA

Gah, its like trying to pick which is the best damn cam.

Last edited by bballr4567; 08-31-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Im an idiot
Old 08-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Texas Director

Ben, Texas is very talented and very deep on the OL, and this could be the best OL that Texas has had in a long time. This IMO will be why Colt has a very good year this season. Granted, the schedule is tough and Texas could easily lose to OU, Tech, Mizzou and possibly another game. There are a lot of questions to be answered like the defensive play (Muschamp was a huge addition though), RB and DB's. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bballr4567
The SEC is tough thats for sure but I dont know if they are the "best" conference anymore. Right now they have more teams ranked but some I dont feel belong. Clemson just down right SUCKED. Its a toss up kind of in my mind. Do you have the stats on the last 10 bowl seasons by conference and all that? Id love to compile it but the net blows **** over here.

SEC has:
#1-Georgia
#5-Florida
#7-LSU
#9-Clemson
#10-Auburn
#19-Tennessee
#24-Alabama

Big 12 has:
#11-Texas
#12-Texas Tech
#4-Oklahoma
#6-Mizzou
#14-Kansas

Each have 5 teams in the top 15 in the rankings as of now. Itll be a great year if we have a Big 12 and SEC BCS championship game.

Its still hard to say which is the best conference though. The Big 12 is more exciting to watch though. HAHA

Gah, its like trying to pick which is the best damn cam.
clemson is ACC and lost to alabama bad last night. likely going out of top 25

SEC is much stronger than big 12 IMO (even though i am a red raider at heart). It should be an exciting year regardless.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea screw up on my part. I dont know what I was thinking.

Its obviously VERY tough to decide which conference is the best. Big 12 and SEC are both VERY VERY good. I bet 4 weeks into the season we will get a better answer.

OT: What were people doing ranking Clemson so high?!?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned

Its obviously VERY tough to decide which conference is the best. Big 12 and SEC are both VERY VERY good. I bet 4 weeks into the season we will get a better answer.

No it's not VERY tough to decide, the SEC is the toughest conference in college football PERIOD. I think the big 12 has taken over the 2nd spot but they still have a good ways to go to catch up to the SEC. Ut would probably go like 7-5 or 8-4 if they were in the SEC.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Clemson was so high bc of they have probably the best duo of RBs in the league... Thunder & Lightning (Spiller & Davis). also their QB Harper was a favorite for ACC player of the year.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Holds no water when the ACC is hardly a powerhouse of a conference. Just like the Pac-10 sucking ***** besides USC, (Who can recruit like no other.)
Old 08-31-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Ut would probably go like 7-5 or 8-4 if they were in the SEC.
You could say the same for any team besides LSU trying to play in the Big 12. Its splitting hairs.

ACC is such a wash its unreal. Im still VERY surprised at how USC can recruit. Its like they get ALL the star players in the whole west.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Random thoughts:

OU and Mizzou don't play each other during the regular season. IF OU and Mizzou win out, there should be a legitimate argument for them facing each other twice in a row: Big 12 Championship, then again in the BCS Championship.

However, I don't see that happening. The BCS folks don't think audiences will want to see the same two teams play each other again that soon, and they have a point.

USC and LSU both looked great yesterday.

If Ohio State gets to the BCS Championship again, all NCAA fans should get together and kill the Big 10 commissioner, since he's the main person keeping a playoff system from happening. Beanie Wells' leg injury might keep that from happening. Or their upcoming showdown with USC. I hope USC humiliates them.

When will the world realize: DAVE WANNSTEDT CANNOT COACH!

Before everyone starts fellating Nick Saban again, remember: Clemson is coached by Tommy Bowden. He sucks.

As long as Colt McCoy is Texas' leading rusher, there's a problem. Foswhitt Whittaker needs to get healthy NOW, so he can get some playing time.

Michigan looks lost and bewildered on offense.

Mike Sherman is going to have a rough year at TAMU, but if he gets three years, he'll have them winning again. Coach Fran destroyed that program, and it's going to take time to rebuild.

-Mike
Old 08-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Launching!

yeh, i have to agree, I'm thinking the big 12 surprises a lot of people this year...but yes atm has a long way to come, but i was surprised to see michigan lose....that was rough also...anyways...i can only hope big 12 brings home another championship...hell it'd be nice to see USC lose again in the bowl game haha...who knows, lots of first game speculation
Old 08-31-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet again all new coaching staff ton's of position changes, young offensive line, unexperienced LB's, no talent receivers. What do you think we thought it was going to be the best year ever. Hopefully after getting our cherry popped a few times we will see a turnaround, but we'll see if that happens. Hell 2 backup quarterbacks are playing wideout.

You want to talk about an upset, anyone watch the Va Tech game?

Big 12 is going to be rough this year.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

If Tech can step up their defense I could see them doing very well this year. I'd love to see LSU go to the champ. game this year but I don't see it happening. Did anybody watch the Georgia game? Did they look like they could actually hold the #1 slot?