Brock Lesnar VS Randy Couture

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 10:00 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ABJ88
**** he beat Tim Sylvia(6'8"), he'll beat the bigger guy again!
Man, you cannot compare a tough guy to a monster.

I wish Randy was 10 years younger, THEN it would be s fight, Lesnar is serious and Randy knows he is physically running out of what he used to have. I hope Brock doesnt hurt him. Two primary ground n pound fighters, ones bones no longer bend and the other has 2x the strength....i am still just mixed up because i have been a fan of both for so long. Even when Lesnar was wrestling.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Man, you cannot compare a tough guy to a monster.

I wish Randy was 10 years younger, THEN it would be s fight, Lesnar is serious and Randy knows he is physically running out of what he used to have. I hope Brock doesnt hurt him. Two primary ground n pound fighters, ones bones no longer bend and the other has 2x the strength....i am still just mixed up because i have been a fan of both for so long. Even when Lesnar was wrestling.
Brock is no monster, just another obstacle Randy will conquer!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ABJ88
**** he beat Tim Sylvia(6'8"), he'll beat the bigger guy again!
he is one of the worst fighters in MMA.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Teching In

I'd bet my car on Randy, That retarded offspring of a fishfrog and a squirrel wont stand a chance
Old 09-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

ill take that bet....
Old 09-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Banned

Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
Nov 15th and it's Randy Couture not Cature.

Wildbill I have some $$$ if you'd like to take Randy I'll take Brock

Let me know

J
how much you talking?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:09 PM
In-Zane Moderator

This **** will not get here quick enough with all this power outage.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Randy, with those over the head punches should get him just like he did tim.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Launching!

I would not bet on **** in mma. Sometimes funny stuff happens no matter what the odds are (griffin>rampage, serra>st pierre). I dont think Tim Sylvia is that bad, although fedor made him look bad. He was a heavyweight champion, and the guy is 6-8 with alot of reach and physical size. I would like to see brock lesnar vs tim sylva(someone his own size, who is alot more well rounded). I want to see randy win but most of the reason why he wins is because he overpowers his opponents, keeps them locked up against the cage, ground and pounds them. I dont think randy will be able to overpower brock, but who knows. I know one thing, i will definately be watching, and if brock wins. Who's next, Fedor?
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

he won it versus a ******* horrible pussified looking arlovski, and pretty much instantly lost it.

he didn't deserve to be up there... although like stated, wild **** can happen... after all they are all pros and one properly landed punch away from a loss
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nwmembr19
I know one thing, i will definately be watching, and if brock wins. Who's next, Fedor?

too soon. wouldn't happen :O
Old 09-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
too soon. wouldn't happen :O
Randy has one fight after this one left on his contract for the ufc so be watching for that fight.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:45 PM
In-Zane Moderator

I want to see randy win but most of the reason why he wins is because he overpowers his opponents, keeps them locked up against the cage, ground and pounds them. I dont think randy will be able to overpower brock
That is what i keep telling everyone, if Randy was 10 years younger, it would be a REALLY hard call.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
10-Second Club

I would not bet on **** in mma. Sometimes funny stuff happens no matter what the odds are (griffin>rampage,
There was nothing funny about that fight, even if Rampage's leg wouldn't have got jacked up from Forest's awesome leg kicks, he would have still got out boxed, I don't see why people keep underestimating Opie, lol. Rampage is tough, but Forest isn't a joke & I think he would have won regardless of the leg injury....besides, he was smart to utilize the leg kicks, too many other fighters don't use them to slow down their opponents....especially someone that likes to shoot for take downs/ground & pound/or Jackson's killer slams.

As for Brock, he doesn't deserve to face Randy yet, he's barely even a fighter yet, he's just ******* huge & he can wrestle. He needs to pay his ******* dues like everyone else & work up the ladder. There's just bad blood with Zuffa & Randy so they want to try to get the belt from him. We've already seen him get tapped by someone with skill, and Frank Mir is in my opinion, a shadow of the fighter he used to be before his motorcycle accident.

In all honesty, I think they need to break down heavy weight and add a super heavy weight or just straight up call it Sasquatch class because having that much difference in weight kinda takes away from the competitive side of things & allows for one freak of nature to come in and dominate based way more just do to shear size, rather than skill.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Launching!

I agree they should have a superheavyweight. Guys that cut weight to get 265 and fight at 285 with a six pack are a hell of alot bigger and stronger, than someone that walks around at 220. The only problem is there really wouldnt be anyone else in his weight class, and then you would have some gay **** like boxing where there is a weight class every 7lbs. The superbantamflyweight class and superheavymiddleweight class.

Maybe not so much forrest and rampage, but serra and st pierre could probably fight 50 times and that would only happen once. I dont know what all that slipped on a banana peel **** was all about.

Randy is way above brock in the skill department but fact remains brock was a no1 ranked ncaa wrestling champ and he is huge. The reason why randy went down to light heavyweight in the first place was because he was being defeated by bigger stronger wrestlers in the heavyweight class.

Randy doesnt have the belt, it belongs to nogeira who will fight frank mir for the title in december.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:00 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by Modsquad
As for Brock, he doesn't deserve to face Randy yet, he's barely even a fighter yet, he's just ******* huge & he can wrestle. He needs to pay his ******* dues like everyone else & work up the ladder.
I see allot of people say that, but you have to admit, the guy has been a worl class athlete for many years already, i know wrestling is a joke to me, but the things the big bastard did are nothing to laugh at. He is a known fighter already, not some low level that came up thru spike TV or just came up in the nowhere, he has been around the world and is known. But i think ths fight will make or break him in a way. If he wins, he beat up an old athlete, if he loses, he got beat by an old athlete. Randy is not what he used to be.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:53 PM
10-Second Club

he got beat by an old athlete. Randy is not what he used to be.
How many people that he whooped said the same thing about him? Never count him out, Randy will be drawing Social Security & whoopin that ***, lol.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:17 AM
In-Zane Moderator

He will forever be remembered in MMA, no lie, a true legend.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:18 AM
Launching!

He will forever be remembered in MMA, no lie, a true legend.
That's the truth, also Brock is cocky he needs to have his *** whooped. I wish he would fight fedor, that way he would get made to look like a chump, like sylvia, and say, "i'm going back to the wwe where my *** belongs". I think it's funny when people get their foot stuck in their mouth. Like before the frank mir fight he says "I keep hearing about Frank's jiu jitsu this and Frank's jiu jitsu that, well it's gonna be hard for him to do jiu jitsu when he's eating my fists in his mouth." What happens he get's beat with jiu jitsu halfway through the first round.