Go Texans!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008 | 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I completely lost interest in the Texans after this blowout loss.
Old 09-07-2008 | 06:28 PM
Banned

I have faith....I think we need to make some changes...if they are going to try and make good choices they need to start with their off season moves! I think we have one of the worst front office staffs in the league! They need to make better decisions and for gods sake get demeco ryans some damn help!!
Old 09-07-2008 | 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
I have faith....I think we need to make some changes...if they are going to try and make good choices they need to start with their off season moves! I think we have one of the worst front office staffs in the league! They need to make better decisions and for gods sake get demeco ryans some damn help!!
Well hold on there Sally. Rick Smith, our GM, has done some good things, some of which haven't worked out and some of which have. We did well in the draft and we brought in some good players this offseason, some of whom worked out and some who didn't.

We need to be a much more physical team. We got pushed around today and if we don't improve quickly we will get pushed around by Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis.
Old 09-07-2008 | 06:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ben R
Well hold on there Sally. Rick Smith, our GM, has done some good things, some of which haven't worked out and some of which have. We did well in the draft and we brought in some good players this offseason, some of whom worked out and some who didn't.

We need to be a much more physical team. We got pushed around today and if we don't improve quickly we will get pushed around by Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis.
I see alot more negative moves than positive. Hell anyone can make a bunch of moves and have 1 or 2 work out!
Old 09-07-2008 | 11:17 PM
Teching In

Bench Schaub. He made me sick today. He took one ridiculous sack and threw two retarded interceptions that Rosenfells would never have let happen. Rosenfells is smart and keeps us in the game, Schaub is overrated and mistake prone.
Old 09-08-2008 | 06:24 AM
TECH Junkie

And here come the Rosenfellers.

Rosenfels IS a good QB, but it's so hard to gauge what he can and can't do, simply because of WHEN he has played. He started a few games last year and played well, but not any better (or worse) than Schaub. When he comes in to replace Schaub (typically when the Texans are getting blown out), he has free reign to wing the ball all over the field, so his stats look great...in garbage time.

Rosenfels was the best QB on the roster two seasons ago, but I'd call it a push when it comes to Rosenfels/Schaub.

I see several problems with this team that need to be addressed before QB play. Mostly the lack of defensive pressure from the front four, the DBs that get burned repeatedly, and Kubiak's arrogance when it comes to play calling.

-Mike
Old 09-08-2008 | 07:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Old 09-08-2008 | 08:28 AM
Banned

For god sakes EVERY other team in the ******* league passed on rosenfells when he was a free agent, do some of you idiots think there is a reason for that? He is a good backup, but he is a backup for a reason!!!

As far as the current front office, they have hit the target A LOT more than missed. Mario Williams WAS the right pick, reggie bush is a ******* bust and vince isn't smart enough in this league. Lets not forget about demeco, winston, spencer (before he broke his leg), slayton will be good, walter etc.
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

go COWBOYS!!!
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fuster Cluck
Bench Schaub. He made me sick today. He took one ridiculous sack and threw two retarded interceptions that Rosenfells would never have let happen. Rosenfells is smart and keeps us in the game, Schaub is overrated and mistake prone.

He made those "mistakes" because our **** excuse of an o-line couldn't make a block to save their life. Just ask the running backs about the o-line's performance yesterday. They had to run into a brick wall because those assclowns couldn't create a hole the size of my arm.
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
go COWBOYS!!!
This thread isn't about the Cowboys, dickweed.
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by -Ross-
This thread isn't about the Cowboys, dickweed.
bro, chill out dude!! i was hoping the the texans would pull an upset in pittsburgh.
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

bro, chill out dude!! i was hoping the the texans would pull an upset in pittsburgh.
I was just being hard on you, because a lot of the Cowboys fans last season would come into the Texans threads unprovoked and talk a lot of mess.

Sorry.
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I was just being hard on you, because a lot of the Cowboys fans last season would come into the Texans threads unprovoked and talk a lot of mess.

Sorry.

nah, its all good!! i really thought andre johnson would eat the steelers secondary alive. i really didnt see anybody holding johnson at all. i figured he would have atleast 2 TD's yesterday.
Old 09-08-2008 | 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

nah, its all good!! i really thought andre johnson would eat the steelers secondary alive. i really didnt see anybody holding johnson at all. i figured he would have atleast 2 TD's yesterday.
He could have if Schaub wasn't having to scramble and throw on the run every play because of the lack of blocking.
Johnson was having to come back up field to get open during the scrambles.

This team needs work.
Old 09-08-2008 | 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I'd say it is a wash as far as Rosenfels and Schaub. BUT, Schaub played like dogshit in the first 2 quarters and made several rookie mistakes. Throwing into double coverage while running to the left? He isn't that good. It was a below par game for him, they should have benched him and let Rosenfels give it a try. Also, just looking at Schaub it appeared he avoided the weight room all summer. Guy had no arms, he was in better physical condition last year.

Yes, he rarely had time back there, but even when he did he sucked. Those interceptions were just f-cking lame, he should have just got rid of the ball. Same with that one sack that lost us like 12 yards. Get rid of the ball rookie!
Old 09-08-2008 | 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

The new Saints, or as they used to call them the Aint's lol....
Old 09-08-2008 | 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ben R

I think the FO has made SOME good moves, but this offseason was more of a lateral move than anything. The 2 main free agent moves that was made, for Jaques Reeves and Rosie Colvin, one of the 2 isn't even on the team, and the other well, lets just say we knew what we were getting. And I have to totally dis-agree with Kubiak and his running back philosophy, sometimes you have to spend the money and/or top draft pick and get a quality back. I know the ZBS is supposed to make no name backs household names, but so far it hasn't worked.
Old 09-08-2008 | 01:17 PM
Banned

The O line does need to be addressed! Peyton Manning couldnt perform worth as hit behind our line either. No matter what QB you throw behind a shitty line they will always perform horrible. The defensive front needs help....they are getting man handled and no penetration. The secondary sucks.....if you get no penetration up front and have no secondary to run with the wideouts than you have a horrible combination!

I say its time to make some trades...although what could we possibly get for some of our players who perform like ****? Their market value has to be lower than trying to trade a jr high player to an NFL team.
Old 09-08-2008 | 01:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
For god sakes EVERY other team in the ******* league passed on rosenfells when he was a free agent, do some of you idiots think there is a reason for that? He is a good backup, but he is a backup for a reason!!!
People passed on Tom Brady for 5 rounds in the NFL draft. You're a slobbering retard if you think all talent is judged accurately.

Retard play 1) Schaub scrambles to the left with 3 guys chasing him, he PUMP FAKES and then falls to the ground like a bitch instead of throwing the ball out of bounds. DAVID CARR isn't that stupid.

Retard play 2) Schaub scrambles again, and again, instead of throwing the ball away, throws into double coverage across his body, right in the numbers of a Steeler linebacker.

Retard play 3) Schaub scrambes again, and again, instead of throwing the ball away, hits Palamalalamou in his numbers.

Rosenfells is no amazing quaterback, but he's smart and knows the system. He doesn't do the dumb **** Schaub does. He gives the team a better chance to win.