Hurricane IKE Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 03:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TooSlow5.3
Ok... first off I hope that everyone in Texas isn't majorly affected by Ike. A hurricane is a shitty situation especially when flooding is involved.I dont wish that on anyone. But I mean seriously guys WTF wishing this **** would hit N.O.??? and these comments about burn New Orleans? What in the **** is wrong with you? People live in that place and have for there entire lives, have businesses there, everything they know is there. New Orleans contrary to what you believe is a very beautiful place in its own way... As is a lot of south Louisiana. Granted you may have aquired some unwanted visitors, but so have alot of people. I mean baton rouge, ****, I dont think it will ever be the same. But dont take that **** out on an entire city, that is just ignorant. Basically, sorry for the rant... just think before you speak/type.
Thanks for taking up for us because i wouldve been replied but i havent had power for days and now im stuck in a hotel with power which is okay with me. BUT yeah im an katrina evacuee and im not really feeling how people on here are really bashing my city. Sure i could go back but im not anytime soon, i just go visit my parents and play around just to get away monthly...im 23 years old and have a good paying job here in houston so this is my second home. but believe me, i never forget where i come. New Orleans is my culture born and raised, and its fucked up to sit and read this ****. Do yall know what i had to go through? I rode out katrina and ended up in a evacuating to a hospital and then to the convention center with nothing yall...no food, water, whatever...yeah i looted but I had to do what i had to do...i needed **** so i got whatever i can put my hands on as far as food goes...no need to explain anything else but seriously after Ike, yall got it made compared to katrina. tthe government responded quick and i really feel like the n.o. was the guina pig...so just dont bash my city like that...thats not cool
Old 09-18-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Luckily, I don't have any major damage to my house. I have massive tree branches (12"+ diameter) down. One destroyed a trellis in our back yard, a couple fucked up my fence, and one crushed the side of my boat. One of my pine trees (they are about 50ft tall) snapped in half. My back yard is like a damn jungle. I can barely walk back there. We still have no power.

This is wonderful.

Since I still don't have power, I went and looted a case of PacMan Jones jerseys, a Playstation 3, a 50" TV, and a gold chain from my local retail store...gotta have the "necessities".

Last edited by -Ross-; 09-18-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Since I still don't have power, I went and looted a case of PacMan Jones jerseys, a Playstation 3, a 50" TV, and a gold chain from my local retail store...gotta have the "necessities".

I'm fortunate that my family is alright, we did loose a roof on our primary residence, and our family had a Beach house on Bolivar Pennisulia, but that's an issue for the insurance companies to handle. My only complaint is the long gas lines.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

what stupid is everyone was all worried about new orleans in katrina, um they didnt even get the worst of it did it was all mississippi and alabama that had the worst of the damage.

Just like with ike they talk and talk about galveston, why dont the go east a littleways and brodcast the damage from thoes towns, im sure its worse than galveston.

Still dont have power on day 6
Old 09-18-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by alexv6camaro
Just like with ike they talk and talk about galveston, why dont the go east a littleways and brodcast the damage from thoes towns, im sure its worse than galveston.

Have you seen the pics of crystal beach? That **** looks like mississippi after katrina.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default checking in

power is back online at my home
bad news, i lost my boat crushed by a tree, 3 large trees fell in my yard.
my back gate is crushed.som shingles flew off the roof. have leak in living room, some wet drywall wich i alredy cut out and replaced.
been cleaning/repairing ike debris and damage in buildings around houston
since monday.
contractors are gonna clean up after this $torm
pun intended
Old 09-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NemeSS
power is back online at my home
bad news, i lost my boat crushed by a tree, 3 large trees fell in my yard.
my back gate is crushed.som shingles flew off the roof. have leak in living room, some wet drywall wich i alredy cut out and replaced.
been cleaning/repairing ike debris and damage in buildings around houston
since monday.
contractors are gonna clean up after this $torm
pun intended

Guess whose gonna rebuild Galveston?? FEMA (find every Mexican available)..lol,
Old 09-18-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Guess whose gonna rebuild Galveston?? FEMA (find every Mexican available)..lol,
im there!
funny, how all of a sudden juan and jose are everybodys best friend in houston
lol
u need some walls replaced or trees chopped down,
lmk, im on it
Old 09-18-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well my car made it. My fence got destroyed, my trees came down, my ceiling collapsed and destroyed all my ****... but I made it.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Well my car made it. My fence got destroyed, my trees came down, my ceiling collapsed and destroyed all my ****... but I made it.
sorry to hear about your loss, but at least u have your health intact
**** can be replaced or upgraded
gl
Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

i hope everyones doing good . however if anyone has a generator and wants to hard wire it into their house to power everything without having a medusa of extension cords running on splitters. let me know.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:34 AM
LS7 Member

Turn off breaker and run through washer / dryer connections?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Turn off breaker and run through washer / dryer connections?
yep using a 240 v adapter plug. just splice it into the inlet side of the breaker box
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

lol.. at the fema description.

Hells yea i saw the pics of crystal beach, looks like someone droped a bomb on that place.

Well day 7 without power! there project after monday till we get ours up here in 77388
Old 09-19-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Please please PLEASE be careful when wiring your generator into your house power. Read up on backfeed, and how it can kill you AND the guy working on the power lines.

-Mike
Old 09-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Banned

I've heard you have to have a dedicated j-box installed to legally wire your generator directly to your house. As chupr0kabra indicates, its very dangerous otherwise..
Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Please please PLEASE be careful when wiring your generator into your house power. Read up on backfeed, and how it can kill you AND the guy working on the power lines.

-Mike
If ANYONE does this, make sure you remove the meter from the pole, that way the back feed cannot happen.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Man I hate to hear so many folks are still having problems. My folks live in Houston, and they were without power and water for awhile but luckily they have both running again, they also lost all of the fencing around their house. Hope the rest of you get back on your feet again soon.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

just found some internet finally, i had gone out to texas city around 6 PM Friday to get vids and pics for everyone. On way home got sidetracked, and by the time i got on comp had no internet. sorry the updates are a week late, but heres what i got!

shortly after i got done taking this video the water made it onto 45 as i was leaving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2SN2Fo6DlI
45 was 99% like this from exit 55, all the way to highway 146 exit.

where i took the vid. stillted houses already almost under water

don't cross the double white line

this up the road just a little bit

this 12-16 ft drainage ditch by my place never has water in it, and here it is overflowing into peoples houses. ON SUNDAY.

almost under

I have several more vids, and alot more pics. running to slow to get it all though.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:26 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn Easton, that **** is crazy.

Quick Reply: Hurricane IKE Thread