Tuning Shops??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008 | 11:08 AM
8 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by What a Rush
Also, if the shop is charging you full price, you seriously think thats friendship?? Some of you need a serious reality check and make sure your not roadies for another Fast and furious movie.
Zach
I have to disagree with this statement. I pay a fair price for fair work. While I am sure I have been given some special consideration at times, I am aware that my friends have bills to pay and rely on their business to make a living. So, friend or not, I pay , and don't care if I pay what everyone else does.

I apply the same to my personal ife. I run my own business on the side and my friends who are customers pay me my full asking price.

Guess I can see there are others who make friends with shops expecting a hook up. I think more of my friends thant to use them to save a couple of bucks.
Old 09-25-2008 | 11:12 AM
8 Second Club
20 Year Member

You guys are halarious. You can definitely see who is friends with who. Sometimes its so hard to see whos **** stinks more. Because some of you cant let go of the friend title when most of you dont realize these guys run a business and dont give a **** about you.
Zach
Guess it is different for some folks. Business is business and friendship is friendship. The two should not mix.
If you are friends with someone who owns a shop or works in one, you need to be aware that they make a living working on cars.
Old 09-25-2008 | 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
I have to disagree with this statement. I pay a fair price for fair work. While I am sure I have been given some special consideration at times, I am aware that my friends have bills to pay and rely on their business to make a living. So, friend or not, I pay , and don't care if I pay what everyone else does.

I apply the same to my personal ife. I run my own business on the side and my friends who are customers pay me my full asking price.

Guess I can see there are others who make friends with shops expecting a hook up. I think more of my friends thant to use them to save a couple of bucks.
Couldnt have said it better myself. As a friend I may get a better deal, but I would never expect anything for free. Thats how they make there living. Also have spent many long nights helping out up there.

Last edited by slowredz; 09-25-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-25-2008 | 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

+1, You're not paying for the friendship, Your paying for the bills so the place can stay open.
Old 09-25-2008 | 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TINKRD
fixed :p

Wolfe is constantly bouncing ideas off us. He and Daniel have stayed up there til 4am working on the car. I think Wolfe would say, yeah, Daniel has helped tune the car.
Old 09-25-2008 | 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
It's pointless Larry. He's like a Mikey Jr. LMAO.
I agree with Larry.... Reject is being Libelous....... nothing but slander....

BCM and ECM/PCM.... totally different functions.

btw,
Old 09-25-2008 | 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

take it to either RPM or SQR..... Brian and his team at RPM helped me in a real sticky situation and put stupid bickering and banter aside. I also had a smooth and pleasant transaction at SQR and my SD tune was spot on.

Good luck

I have been around the block on shop issues.
Old 09-25-2008 | 06:19 PM
Banned

From: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living

Dear god. People read what I wrote. I said that people often times think that they have to stick up for a shop and its only because they think they are friends. People need to understand that most these shops dont give a **** they just need to get your car done so they can get to the next.

Thats all I was saying. Please read it again and maybe 99problemz is the only one to understand.

ZZzzzzZZZzzz jesh...

Zach

And +1 WOOOOOTTT for LSM
Old 09-25-2008 | 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My comment had nothing to do with RPM. I've been to their shop several times but haven't used them.

Unfortunately, Mikey and I both had the same now defunct shop tune our cars. Gratefully, I didn't have the same outcome as him but it still wasn't the best tune and a 226 duraton cam only set up should have been cake.
Old 09-25-2008 | 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

dont know who Mikey yall are refering to, guess you have to be on the in to understand that one, but i do know that **** shops end up shutting down soon enough, just takes time, wether it be them leaving sockets in the rocker valley or building **** engines, it all comes back on them.

the ABS **** i dont care about now, like i said that's all going to get deleted. just wish the customer service would have been better. like making appointments almost a month ahead showing up real early in the morning with your car as first thing.... then finding out one of their friend is coming in about 30 minutes and are going to dyno it real quick..... 3 hours later my car begins it's elite **** tune. then coming back almost at the end of the day to pick up a car that spent almost the whole day there to get an idle bump and a phony dyno sheet, for full price. few months later pass and i need to get some other little **** done (i hadnt looked at the tune yet, i trusted they had done it right) i show up (before they even opened up, had an appointment set up for first thing in the morning) finally someone shows up about 45 minutes past their posted opening times on the window. then to have someone else show up after me and they get serviced first....

awsome service specially to a first time customer (i didnt make anything of it, it happens once in a blue moon) then the second time i go in same lame ****, i learned... like the old saying goes, fool me once, shame on your fool me twice....

needless to say i wont go back and will tell anyone of my experience with that place.

there are shops out there that will actually do the job right that you payed for.... THE FIRST TIME.
Old 09-25-2008 | 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dear god. People read what I wrote. I said that people often times think that they have to stick up for a shop and its only because they think they are friends. People need to understand that most these shops dont give a **** they just need to get your car done so they can get to the next.

Thats all I was saying. Please read it again and maybe 99problemz is the only one to understand.

ZZzzzzZZZzzz jesh...

Zach

And +1 WOOOOOTTT for LSM
Somehow I don't think you understand, Just because you pay for work or a tune at a shop doesn't mean they don't give a **** about you and aren't friends. You need to understand that they have bills to pay just like you, and if they want to keep the doors open they must charge people, even if its their friends. If they didnt charge their friends for work, they would all be out of business by now. I don't build transmissions for free, and I wouldn't expect SQR to tune my **** for free.
Old 09-25-2008 | 09:25 PM
Banned

Built408 dude you win. I am done lol... you guys win. I didnt have any intention to say that some!!!! shops are not cool. Just saying before people go ride coat tails they need to get a reality check.

I didnt at all say everyone or everybody. So chill and have a good one.

1 LAST THING!!! I NEVER SAID FREE ANYTHING!! JEEZZ MAN READ THE POST!! WHEN DID I SAY PRICE!!! only thing was if I got a 400 dollar tune I dont want a near stock pcm back.

God dang. READ!

also most places help you out a little when they know you or you have a good reputation for being a good customer and so on. Thats a continuation of what I was trying to say.

Please god take the trophy brother.

I am really done now.
Old 09-25-2008 | 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by reject
needless to say i wont go back and will tell anyone of my experience with that place.

there are shops out there that will actually do the job right that you payed for.... THE FIRST TIME.
Reject you are not alone in this fight. I have also had problems with RPM. You said it right in the end of your paragraph and that is all that needs to be done by word of mouth. Coming here and posting your detailed problems will only have all the get all butt hurt and feel they have to defend thier shop when they know nothing of what really happend.
Old 09-26-2008 | 06:24 AM
Banned

LOL, I didnt realize that the people complaining and trying to defend were actual shop owners lol. PM's checked and recieved guys haha. I think its halarious. Here I thought I was defending a comment to a client, not the business.

IF I affended any business owners in here I am sorry. But hey its a forum and you will be ok.

Zach
Old 09-26-2008 | 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reject
dont know who Mikey yall are refering to.

WiseAzz = Mikey
Old 09-26-2008 | 09:38 AM
8 Second Club
20 Year Member

Also, if the shop is charging you full price, you seriously think thats friendship?? Some of you need a serious reality check and make sure your not roadies for another Fast and furious movie.
Zach
Interesting
Old 09-26-2008 | 09:40 AM
8 Second Club
20 Year Member

[QUOTE=What a Rush;10177153]
1 LAST THING!!! I NEVER SAID FREE ANYTHING!! JEEZZ MAN READ THE POST!! WHEN DID I SAY PRICE!!! only thing was if I got a 400 dollar tune I dont want a near stock pcm back.

[QUOTE]

Not stirring the pot, just clarifying that it was your post that stated that if someone is friends with a shop they should expect a price break. At least that is what was inferred.
Old 09-26-2008 | 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think any shop owner would agree with me on this. If we do alot of work on someones car, yeah, I'm going to go out of my way to help them out. We have a white TA that I know I have tuned it 3-4 times...I'm not going to charge him. He's a good customer.

For every good customer, you have 10 guys that have been to every shop in town, looking for a "deal." Or the guy that comes in asking you "how do I....." Those guys have no loyalty what-so-ever. I've tuned on people's car for free. They say, "man, when I need something done to my car, I'm coming here." We never see them again. Those are the people that make a shop not want to bend over backwards to help someone that walks in off the street.
Old 09-26-2008 | 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If they only knew what Michelob Ultra does. LOL
Old 09-26-2008 | 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
Interesting
I hope you're going to the track with us tonight Larry, something crazy is going to happen.